“Great resort, absolutely incredible staff”

Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great resort, absolutely incredible staff”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I booked 16 days at this resort and absolutely loved it, clean rooms, great staff and very relaxing. You can walk just about anywhere in Rodney Bay from this location.
Staff at the resort went above and beyond when our stay was unexpectedly extended by 7 days due to medical reasons, they ensured my wife was taken care of and found rooms for her to stay in during this time.
Once again, thank you to staff at the Resort and we look forward to a return visit in the very near future

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
baygardensresorts, Public Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our first priority on the property is always our guests comfort and our staff won't think twice to go above and beyond for anyone that needs assistance. We are glad that you reached back safe and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I just returned from my family vacation staying at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay, St. Lucia. I will break down into different areas.
Bay Gardens Beach Resort-there is much to like about this resort. It starts with location. In is located near the end of the beach in Rodney Bay, a great location. When I arrived, I had a problem with the room that I was given for a number of reasons the first night. It could not be resolved that first night, but was certainly and very graciously compensated for over the next week by providing our family with a lovely view of the beach and over the pool-fantastic! The room, comfort and attention by housekeeping were great. The proximity of the hotel to the beach was great as you are literally 20-yards to the water. Our children enjoyed the water sports offered and were regularly enjoying these activities. Perhaps, there could be some additional activities offered, but I do not complain. The Resort is well maintained and I think management has done a great job to maintain the property. The Resort employs a fairly large contingency of security and I think that is primarily the result of the nearby public access to the beach and presence of questionable characters, at time. I never felt unsafe, but I did believe that you wanted to watch your possessions and the security detail’s presence for the most-part, kept these characters at a distance.
Pebbles Bar-We enjoyed the services of the bar throughout the day and I think their drinks were reasonably priced and very good in comparison to other islands that I have visited. I found the staff there personable and responsive for the most-part. There were times where I thought with all of the employees working through the restaurant that a person could have been designated to the beach bar so you would not have to wait or look for the bartender, but this was not a huge problem. As I said the drinks were very good and reasonably priced.
High Tide-My family had breakfast and lunch, which were good, not spectacular. I think had there been a few more options on the menu, we would have probably utilized more, but then again, we were rarely were interested in breakfast buffets or large meals during the day. We typically walked to Rituals Coffee Shop for coffee and bagels.
Trios-we had dinner one night at Trios. Unfortunately, even a discount offered and certainly what appears to be a concerted effort to offer a nice product, Trios did not meet expectations and given the very little business at the restaurant, I do not see that this restaurant will last in its current form.
Staff-I found the Front Desk Staff at Bay Gardens friendly, delightful and helpful. Truly, when I think back about this trip, it will start with Nal at the front desk. She genuinely changed this trip for us and we will miss the daily interactions we had. I think everyone that worked the front desk in fact was helpful. Lester, our concierge, was extremely helpful and a real plus for the Resort. If you needed assistance or any type of reservation, Lester went above and beyond to help.
Best Restaurant in Rodney Bay-By far the best was “The Edge”. The Chef does an incredible job and once we discovered how good it was, we ate there three (3) times. It is a quick and easy walk from the Hotel, as were many places to eat. “Buzz” was probably second.

I do not know when I will have the opportunity to return, but until I do, I will miss the great time, the people and the beauty of St. Lucia!

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TechAtty
Thank you for your very informative review of our property. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to pass on all your compliments to our staff including front desk. We will also be looking at the options provided at our Trios Restaurant as well as the bar service in a continued effort to provide the best for all our guests. We hope you get to escape back to the beautiful island of Saint Lucia sometime soon and we will be glad to welcome you back!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We really liked this place. It was clean and pretty. But remember, things run on Caribbean time here so the speedy service you are accustomed to at a Hilton, Sandals, etc. US Chains does not apply. With that said, I loved it.
The only disappointment was the food on the property. There are so many delicious options within a 10 min walk: Buzz, Spice of India, Tapas on the Beach. At Bay Gardens, everyone was genuinely sweet to our toddler and nice to us. I think that is a big perk in working at a St Lucian Run resort, happy employees.

Room Tip: Bring cat food to feed all the sweet Caribbean cats on the property
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank zoeAtlanta
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We chose the Bay Garden Beach Resort for its beach front location and it's easy walking proximity to many bars and restaurants. The complex is not too large and the grounds are beautiful, landscaped with lovely tropical plants. Every aspect of this property is clean and maintained. We had a one bedroom ocean front room with a balcony overlooking the beach. The beach was never crowded and well patrolled. They set up chairs wherever you want to sit, there is plenty of shade and sun. The beach vendors are very polite and never intrusive. Try a Roti for lunch and check out the great coconut bird feeder carvings. I found all the people of St Lucia, warm, delightful, polite and accommodating. The only weak point I found in the complex was at their restaurant, but that could have just been my lunch choices. I found the Chicken Roti I purchased from the beach vendor, far surpassed the one in the restaurant for more than half the price. My husbands chicken club sandwich was the weakest I have ever seen with one small thin slice of chicken breast that didn't even cover the sandwich. The bartenders were not consistent in their mixology either, I had a mudslide with rum, another with vodka and even one with coconut creme. I think if they are not sure of the drink they should ask, but nonetheless they were tasty and the staff always polite and accommodating so if that was the worst of Bay Gardens Beach Resort, I know I will return and will recommend it to anyone traveling to St Lucia.

Room Tip: The one bedroom beach front was very spacious with a well stocked kitchen, but I don't think the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning! Our Staff and Management really pride themselves in bringing the best quality and comfort to all our guests and for that reason we will definitely be looking into our food and beverage options provided on property. We can't wait to welcome you again!
long beach
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I took my daughter and sister for a lovely break at this resort in 2014 in January. I have been there several times before because it is my favorite place to relax when I am in my beautiful island, St Lucia. The management, staff, ambiance, beach, wonderfully healthy and plentiful breakfast.......need I continue. See you next trip Bay Gardens Resorts.

Room Tip: all room are lovely, I prefer an upper level floor facing the beach so I can watch the sun set
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
baygardensresorts, Public Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We are glad that your daughter and sister as well as you enjoyed your vacation with us! Our staff and team always go above and beyond for our guests and we all look forward to welcoming you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We spent 10 days in March 2014 at Bay Gardens Resort and were delighted by the location, the facilities and especially the staff, who were all so friendly and helpful. This is a great place - and not one of those superior pretentious resorts.
It is situated at Rodney Bay, with the resort's restaurant and bar right next to the lovely sandy beach which has safe swimming areas. The resort's swimming pool is great, with large shallow area for children. Our room was excellent.
The food is good, and on Saturday evenings we enjoyed the Barbecue on the Beach, literally sitting at tables on the beach. A short walk away there are a variety of quality restaurants, and to get to the shopping centre is about a 10 to 15 minute stroll. Walking during the evenings felt totally safe.
Tip - if you want to get US Dollars from an ATM rather than the local currency, go into the Casino (open 24/7) and use the ATM next to the Cashiers.
We had a really enjoyable time here, and if we ever go back to St Lucia, this is definitely where we would stay.

Room Tip: Our room was in a block next to the beach rather than around the swimming pool, so we had a view of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We went to bay gardens beach resort for our honeymoon and it was fantastic. Don't be confused with bay gardens hotel or inn, they are different resorts. The beach resort was fantastic, the ocean was crystal clear and the beach was beautiful. The pool was great and the room was perfect. Our room had a living room and kitchen that was great to relax and enjoy. One thing that made our trip was a customer service rep named Lester. He booked dinner reservations and made sure our trip over all was a success. The resort is one of the few resorts that is owned by St. Lucian's and that was something they took pride in. They wanted us to fall in love with the island not just the resort where they could make money off of us. This is a resort we will definitely book again for our trip to St. Lucia.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!