“Excellent Hospitality”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
St. Kitts
“Excellent Hospitality”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stepping out of the taxi right into a warm welcome at reception was just the beginning. The receptionist and Manager were friendly, cordial, professional and engaging. All the staff share a common friendliness which gives you a great comfort - close to home, all very respectful. The cook was amazing. My business trip called for early morning departure and everyone from the restaurant waitress to the kitchen staff were extremely accommodating to ensure I had breakfast to start each day. A Hearty Thank You to everyone. You made my stay special. The Bay Gardens Resort and The Bay Gardens Hotel just round the corner are my favorite places to stay.

Room Tip: Internet access is important and is free...no worries. The suites are spacious and oh...the bathroo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

It says it all that this was our 3rd visit to the hotel in as many years. The welcome from the 2 Jackie's' was amazing with a well needed drink after a long journey. The staff here really do put guests at the heart of their business. We stayed in a pool view suite. I can't recommend this enough as it does give you an option to cook for yourselves, particularly in low season when not all restaurants are open in the resort. Cleaners really good and friendly - from the man who cleans the pool to the security staff on the beach. We will definitely return again.....

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julieoconnor25
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
It truly makes us feel good that you’ve chosen us three times and that you’re looking forward to a fourth visit. You’re right, all of our guests are at the heart of our business and we care for you like family!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a wonderful place!
From the moment we arrived to the minute we left we felt very happy and well looked after at this lovely resort. The staff were very attentive the room was brilliant - we had an ocean front, top floor, one-bedroomed apartment - the ultimate place to watch the sun go down - except for the beach bar that is!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MARWIT2013
Delta, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our family of four had a great 5 days at Bay Gardens. The staff were very helpful. We wanted to play volleyball on the beach and the staff helped to move tents and furniture and brought out the net and poles. The beach is amazing and the pools are perfect to hang out around.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sean M
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We arrived at the airport There was a long taxi ride from the airport and our taxi's a/c was broken or not turned on--our driver was very unprofessional. However, our hotel check in was quick and professional. Lester offered us cold rum punch on our arrival while our check in was completed. Lester was our personal concierge while we were there. Our bellhop Kenny was exceptional!

Our suite was clean and well appointed. The view from the deck was exceptional--beautiful room overlooking the pool and ocean! The grounds at Bay Gardens are exceptional (very clean)no trash!! I saw more flower and fruit varieties than anywhere else I've traveled.
Our suite was completely cleaned every day. There were clean bath and beach towels every day. They would even do our dishes if we didn't have time! The beach towels were always laid out in the form of swans or other birds on our bed. It was a nice surprise to look forward to when we returned to our room!

We had the BBQ buffet our first night there. It was excellent with everything from salad, soup, to entree, and dessert! So naturally, we decided to try their breakfast buffet. Don't make that mistake! There was an assortment of local fruit ,and breads.You had to go into the Kitchen and place your main order. It took 30-40 minutes per person to get your food so you could eat. So it was not really a buffet--the food was not very good, but it was expensive. Consequently, we cooked most of our food for the remainder of our trip. The shuttle will take you to the village so you can shop!

The beach was wonderful as was the pool!

Two problems: Our Cable TV went out on Thursday-- the picture quality was bad This issue was never resolved. My husband went to the front desk on Thursday evening to arrange our taxi back to the airport on Saturday morning. Well at 11:30 am Saturday morning our taxi had not arrived, my husband went to the front desk to discover that while they had written his name and time down they forgot to call and reserve our taxi!! The manager and other front desk person began to argue whose fault it was--but we needed a taxi 30 minutes ago. Our taxi was 45 minutes late in picking us up.

Nevertheless, we had a very good vacation at this resort!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doonie5048
London
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great accommodation, exceptionally lovely staff and the best position and facilities in the area. What more can I say?! Other than, if you're looking for somewhere slightly smaller than some of the colossal developments in the area, this is the place. Go for a beach view on the upper floors if you can, as these offer stunning views over the bay. We went for B&B only, which I think was a good option. The breakfast is great, but the restaurant menu is fine, but limited. You will want to get out - and so you should as the surrounding restaurants and towns are worth a visit.

Room Tip: Go for a beach view on the upper floors if you can, as these offer stunning views over the bay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bikepest
Thank you for taking the time out to leave this detailed review Debra. It will definitely give readers a full picture of our Bay Gardens experience and we truly appreciate it. It takes an entire team effort to have a vacation go so smoothly and we have passed on your review to the team so they can see just how good a job they’ve been doing.
We look forward to your visit next year (good call on extending it to 10 nights!).
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Life is good and Bay Gardens Beach Resort made it ever better. My recent trip in September to the resort was certainly memorable. It’s been 5 years since I last visited St. Lucia and my! what a difference a few years can make. The new mall, casino, restaurants really make Rodney Bay come alive. However, the main attraction is Bay Gardens Beach Resort. I selected this property after seeing it featured on Let’s Make a Deal Game Show. Please indulge me for a moment.

After landing in St. Lucia on JetBlue (a must) and taking the 1 hour ride (US$80 one-way) from Hewanorra/UVF Airport (of course, stopping along the way to enjoy a couple of Piton Beers, which is the beer of St. Lucia), I arrived at Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay. The concierge greeted me and directed me to the front desk a few feet away. Check-in was complete in less than 5 minutes. I was impressed. Just as I was about to head to my room, my “personal concierge” Lester, approached me and offered a refreshing beverage. Aaah, service is what I live for. He also invited me to sit and chat to explain his role, which was to provide wake up calls, book restaurant reservations and to explain the vacation club options, etc.. No problem, I’m in St. Lucia and all was well. The latter intrigued me, and I wanted to hear more, which I did later during my vacation.

Well now, here starts the beginning of a perfect vacation… Timothy, the bellman, escorted me to my room on the third landing. When he opened the door, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful rooms I have seen. I had a beach-front, one-bedroom suite fully suited with every kitchen appliance/utensil you can imagine (But, I only used the coffee pot and bottle opener. Hey, I was alone on vacation!). The living room was exquisite with flat screen tv, stylish sofa & chair leading to the balcony, which showcased the beach and fabulous Caribbean Sea. I didn’t think I had died and went to heaven; I was totally awake. It was magnificent!

Oh my… the bedroom was so beautiful. I only wish I had taken a photo of the unique artistry that adorned the bed upon my arrival. Each day there was a different design on the bed. I was in awe… My unit had two (2) bathrooms! One as you walk in the door and a full bath with two sinks and infinity shower inside the bedroom. I was in love with Bay Gardens Beach Resort after being there for only 15 minutes!

My goal in St. Lucia was to relax and read a couple of books. After unpacking for my 5 night stay, I realized that I had left my books back in Chicago. So, I headed to their quaint library where guests leave books for others to enjoy. I found one on day three and enjoyed it tremendously.

Bay Gardens Beach Resort was perfect for me. The food and bar service were excellent. From the beach barbeque on Saturday to the Managers’ Cocktail Welcome Reception on Wednesday—all meals were superb! In fact my most memorable ones were the West Indian breakfast (I had it 3 times) and the dinner after the Managers’ Reception (very reasonably priced). Those events included Ackee & Salt fish (my favorite), fried plantains (you have to tell them to grill them, don’t deep fry) and excellent curry chicken, barbecue beef, lobster salad, etc. Oh, and if you’re just hanging out on the beach, do order a burger. It’s 100% Angus, hand shaped. Can you feel it?

I met the General Manager, Berthia Parle, at the Managers’ Reception. I would like to give her kudos for providing a superb vacation. I relaxed on the beach, did water sports, went shopping, gambled at the casino, had a massage and sang Karoke at Happy Days (a local bar after Bay Gardens closes). I only wish I would have stayed longer. Nevertheless, I am planning to return for 10 nights next year.

All in all, Bay Gardens Beach Resort was an excellent choice. Every beach in St. Lucia is public. However, Bay Gardens Beach Resort’s beach has a private feel to it, with just the right amount of the local flavor. Security is tight and there are no major hassles. The locals respect that you may want to simply relax and enjoy the sun. No problem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!