“Really fab”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Really fab”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great accommodation, exceptionally lovely staff and the best position and facilities in the area. What more can I say?! Other than, if you're looking for somewhere slightly smaller than some of the colossal developments in the area, this is the place. Go for a beach view on the upper floors if you can, as these offer stunning views over the bay. We went for B&B only, which I think was a good option. The breakfast is great, but the restaurant menu is fine, but limited. You will want to get out - and so you should as the surrounding restaurants and towns are worth a visit.

Room Tip: Go for a beach view on the upper floors if you can, as these offer stunning views over the bay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bikepest
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to leave this detailed review Debra. It will definitely give readers a full picture of our Bay Gardens experience and we truly appreciate it. It takes an entire team effort to have a vacation go so smoothly and we have passed on your review to the team so they can see just how good a job they’ve been doing.
We look forward to your visit next year (good call on extending it to 10 nights!).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Life is good and Bay Gardens Beach Resort made it ever better. My recent trip in September to the resort was certainly memorable. It’s been 5 years since I last visited St. Lucia and my! what a difference a few years can make. The new mall, casino, restaurants really make Rodney Bay come alive. However, the main attraction is Bay Gardens Beach Resort. I selected this property after seeing it featured on Let’s Make a Deal Game Show. Please indulge me for a moment.

After landing in St. Lucia on JetBlue (a must) and taking the 1 hour ride (US$80 one-way) from Hewanorra/UVF Airport (of course, stopping along the way to enjoy a couple of Piton Beers, which is the beer of St. Lucia), I arrived at Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay. The concierge greeted me and directed me to the front desk a few feet away. Check-in was complete in less than 5 minutes. I was impressed. Just as I was about to head to my room, my “personal concierge” Lester, approached me and offered a refreshing beverage. Aaah, service is what I live for. He also invited me to sit and chat to explain his role, which was to provide wake up calls, book restaurant reservations and to explain the vacation club options, etc.. No problem, I’m in St. Lucia and all was well. The latter intrigued me, and I wanted to hear more, which I did later during my vacation.

Well now, here starts the beginning of a perfect vacation… Timothy, the bellman, escorted me to my room on the third landing. When he opened the door, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was one of the most beautiful rooms I have seen. I had a beach-front, one-bedroom suite fully suited with every kitchen appliance/utensil you can imagine (But, I only used the coffee pot and bottle opener. Hey, I was alone on vacation!). The living room was exquisite with flat screen tv, stylish sofa & chair leading to the balcony, which showcased the beach and fabulous Caribbean Sea. I didn’t think I had died and went to heaven; I was totally awake. It was magnificent!

Oh my… the bedroom was so beautiful. I only wish I had taken a photo of the unique artistry that adorned the bed upon my arrival. Each day there was a different design on the bed. I was in awe… My unit had two (2) bathrooms! One as you walk in the door and a full bath with two sinks and infinity shower inside the bedroom. I was in love with Bay Gardens Beach Resort after being there for only 15 minutes!

My goal in St. Lucia was to relax and read a couple of books. After unpacking for my 5 night stay, I realized that I had left my books back in Chicago. So, I headed to their quaint library where guests leave books for others to enjoy. I found one on day three and enjoyed it tremendously.

Bay Gardens Beach Resort was perfect for me. The food and bar service were excellent. From the beach barbeque on Saturday to the Managers’ Cocktail Welcome Reception on Wednesday—all meals were superb! In fact my most memorable ones were the West Indian breakfast (I had it 3 times) and the dinner after the Managers’ Reception (very reasonably priced). Those events included Ackee & Salt fish (my favorite), fried plantains (you have to tell them to grill them, don’t deep fry) and excellent curry chicken, barbecue beef, lobster salad, etc. Oh, and if you’re just hanging out on the beach, do order a burger. It’s 100% Angus, hand shaped. Can you feel it?

I met the General Manager, Berthia Parle, at the Managers’ Reception. I would like to give her kudos for providing a superb vacation. I relaxed on the beach, did water sports, went shopping, gambled at the casino, had a massage and sang Karoke at Happy Days (a local bar after Bay Gardens closes). I only wish I would have stayed longer. Nevertheless, I am planning to return for 10 nights next year.

All in all, Bay Gardens Beach Resort was an excellent choice. Every beach in St. Lucia is public. However, Bay Gardens Beach Resort’s beach has a private feel to it, with just the right amount of the local flavor. Security is tight and there are no major hassles. The locals respect that you may want to simply relax and enjoy the sun. No problem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Debra A
Saint Rose, Louisiana
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week with my brother and his wife. The staff was so personable that I remember their names (Lester, Jackie, KenRoy, Dalano and our room attendant was great as well. Our room was neat and we enjoyed having the kitchen. The location was great with a mall within walking distance and shuttle service was available every hour. The poolside activities were a lot of fun and very entertaining. The spa staff were very good. This hotel location, staff, pool, made for a great trip to St Lucia!!

2 Thank Madkat1
Independence,MO
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Cudos to the staff at Bay Gardens.
My wife and I arrived on Sept.21 in the late afternoon.
As anyone who has traveled to this resort from the Airport on the south end of the island knows,it is a long,hot taxi ride (Our taxi driver would not turn on the a/c)
Apon arrival at Bay Garden's our check in was quick and professional.We were offered a nice and cold rum punch.
Lester greeted us and made us feel very much at home.(Thanks Lester)
Our bellhop Kimrum was exceptional!!! Very,Very nice young man!!!
I wish I could remember the name of front desk lady (Young,quiet spoken lady you were great)
Our suite was clean and well appointed.
The view from our deck was exceptional.
They state in Fodors and other travel guides that you will need an converter for your laptop,tablet,and cell phone.But our room had 110v wall sockets , as well as the 220v sockets.
We had no need for the converter.
The grounds at Bay gardens are exceptional (very clean)no trash!!
Our suite was completely clean everyday.(New bathand beach towels everyday)They would even do our dishes if we didn't have time!!The beach towels were always laid out in the from of swans on our bed (Nice touch)
The only concerns that my wife and I had were with the Hi-tide restaurant,and the vendors on the beach.
The Hi-tide was very expensive!!
We had the bbq buffet our second night there.and to honest it was a averge at best.
The next morning we decided to try their breakfast buffet.(HUGE MISTAKE) Besides an assortment of local fruit ,and breads.You had to go into the Kitchen and place your main order.
it took 30-40 mins per person to get your food soon you eat. Not true buffet.
And the food was not very good
You are better off using the shuttle (as we did) to buy your grocery's in town.
The beach is wonderful as long as the local vendors are held at bay!!
Be forwarned The local beach vendors are very aggressive!!
A thank you to the resort securtiy team for keeping the vendors in check!!
Our only other problem was with the tv reception.On Thursday evening the picture quality was bad (Problem with their sat. or cable provider) This issue was never resolved.
Oh I forgot!!!
I went to the front desk on Thursday evening to arrange our taxi back to the airport on Saturday morning.
Well at 11:30 am Saturday morning our taxi did not arrive,I went to the front desk to discover that while they had wrote my name and time down they had forgotten to call and reserve our taxi!!
Our taxi was 45 minutes late in picking us up!!
In closing I will say that this resort is worth a return visit.
No resort is perfect but this is pretty close.
Thanks again to Lester,Kimrun,and the rest of the staff at Bay Gardens Beach Resort you did a good job!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank curlymike
We’re happy that you had a good stay with us. A great alternative to the taxi ride is a helicopter transfer – it is much quicker and you get the best views of the island. Your experience at Hi-Tide is not the norm, our guests normally enjoy a very good response time and we apologize that your experience did not meet our standard. Additionally, the issue with your departure taxi is very unfortunate and again we apologize for this error. We’ll definitely work with our team to ensure that moving forward these issues are not repeated.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

My compliments for everybody who is working for Bay Gardens ! I have been all over the world and you can't have better staff. We had a late check out and the General manager arranged us a free room..thanks again.. special thanks to security..(the man of Guyana and judo..always ready for tips and nice stories). The sun is always shinning even when it is raining due to Jackie.. one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Greetings from Holland

1 Thank Astenhutte
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. The team works hard to ensure all of our guests are very well taken care of. Come visit us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have rather sadly returned from a two week trip to St Lucia. We stayed at Bay Gardens and it was the best decision we made. From the moment we walked into the hotel we treated so well. Check in was professional and we handed a rum punch on arrival. As it was a special occasion we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room, which was a lovely surprise. The hotel is on the beach and it is beautiful. As all beaches are public in St Lucia there are many vendors who will approach you. However, a polite no does the trick and the security provided by the hotel are excellent. A special mention to Joseph Joe, who was excellent at looking after us on the beach.
The hotel is located right in Rodney Bay and therefore there are plenty of shops and restaurants to eat at. Our favourite was the steakhouse, Fire Grill, Buzz and Tapas on the Bay. We had breakfast at the hotel, which was nice and plentiful.
What makes the hotel a real highlight is the staff. I can't thank everyone enough but a special mention to Jackie, Lester, Elran, Vidal and Joan.
They were lovely, professional and lots of fun to talk to. Our first trip to St Lucia was amazing and staying at this wonderful holiday was a highlight. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Rodney Bay. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maxine m
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great Service stayed from 20th-23rd.Upon arrival was a big welcome by Jackie, bellman was great can't remember his name .maintenance I think its Ronaldo we were impressed with him very friendly. High Tide Restaurant Pricus, Nadia was wonderful , Vidal by the bar was great.

1 Thank Boucher27
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!