“First visit but definitely not last”

Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Joined by my sister and brother-in-law, absolutely "St. Lucia, we LOVE" and Bay Gardens Beach Resort. Amazing staff, extremely friendly and accommodating. Great location, everything within walking distance. Loved "just TANGO" catamaran cruise and "PRO" took excellent care of us during the "jump up" with the locals.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I want to write a review of this hotel because of Pro....he was the most professional hotel host I have ever met! My boyfriend and I were traveling around the island and we stayed at several hotels... we met Pro on the beach and he told us about the Bay Garden Beach Hotel. It was a great experience and every day he was there to greet us for happy hour, various hotel entertainment events and the Friday "jump up" and fresh fish fry on Friday at Gross Islet. The entire staff especially the security staff such as Angela, Joseph Joe, Wilbur and Francis were hospitable and excellent. I must send a special hello to Cheryl the front desk manager who was there every day to check and make sure our stay was fabulous! I just wanted to move in! I highly recommend this resort ...you won't regret it ....it's right on the beach, has everything and the food and drinks are great too. While you are there be sure to check with Iris for the best
Roti on the island.... she sells Roti under the tree at the beach and you will love it!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank desireemanuel
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

We’ll be sure to thank Pro for taking good care of you. We’re proud of all our team members, as they always do their best to ensure that our guests are comfortable and well looked after. Thank you for your kind recommendation and for staying with us.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was exactly what we wanted - after a stressful few months we were looking for somewhere to relax. This hotel proved a perfect choice. The staff were amazing, friendly, helpful and always available if you had a problem or needed something. Lester and the Jackie's go out of their way to assist and make sure you're enjoying yourself - it seemed as though they even fixed the weather for us so we had brilliant sunshine most of the time.
The breakfast was always good, plenty to eat and service very good. Would recommend you make happy hour - cocktail menu is very good and drinking right on beach fantastic.
Hotel very close to lots of good restaurants and hotel provided us with some discount vouchers which we made good use of.

Room Tip: Would suggest trying to get a sea facing room on one of the upper floors as restricted view on groun...
1  Thank golfer8599
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We bought a Groupon Getaway deal for Bay Gardens Beach Resort and couldn't have been happier.

Service: When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with yummy rum punches. The front desk attendants were always very friendly and helpful. If they didn't know the answer to something, they would find someone who did. Lester, the concierge, was also extremely friendly and helpful, always wanting to know how we were doing and if there was anything he could do for us. The staff knew our names and would say hello as we saw them throughout the week.

Hotel/Grounds: The grounds were beautifully kept with blooming flowers everywhere. The rooms were very good, nothing fancy. The pool was great; clean and never crowded. The beach is just steps away! There is security/chair guys who patrol the beach all day. There are also local peddlers trying to sell their goods which can get a little annoying, but it's a public beach. The entertainment and music, run by Pro, was fun. The location of the resort was great, within walking distance to many restaurants if you don't feel like staying on the property.

Food/Restaurants: We had breakfast included with our room rate so we went to Hi Tide every morning and was served by the lovely Hilaria. I miss her already! The one thing I didn't like about this resort was the cats, specifically roaming around the restaurant. But to be fair, we saw them other places as well so I think it's more of an island problem and not a resort problem. Elran, the head bartender, is very friendly as well and kept the drinks coming!

Over all, we loved staying here and would stay at Bay Gardens again should we ever return to St. Lucia!

Room Tip: We were in building 7, Conch Shell, and had a great view of the pool AND the sea. Try to get a 3rd f...
1  Thank Kim P
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The resort was just what we were looking for - it was a great place to relax. Anice was very helpful answering all my questions and setting up a driver to pick us up at the airport. Lloyd our driver gave us details about the island as we made our way to the resort. Lester our concierge checked on us each day multiple times to ensure there was nothing we needed. Room was clean, pool was great, sunsets were amazing on the beach. Nadia from LeMer Spa was wonderful. Massages and body scrubs are the best ever. We felt safe walking into town each night for dinner or to get groceries. Don't just stay on the resort get out an explore the wonderful island. Hoping to be back next year!

1  Thank Tabletop124

We’ll start the countdown till your next visit from now! We appreciate this lovely review and truly look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would like to share my bay garden experience . Every morning I bring my 8 month old son for a walk to the beach where hotel is situated. Usually it is about 7-8 am , so there are absolutely nobody using beach chairs , simply coz no one is on the beach. As I and you know , beach chairs for the guests only , but if I am a bit tired holding a baby I sow no harm to sit on one of them for , literally, 30 min the most. I never bothered anybody till yesterday , when one security guard , named Francis, sow me and my son sleeping on the chair , he approached and with very rude and loud voice woke my son up . I know in his , so called "mind" he thinks that he is doing his job by chasing me with small sleeping baby from the only one occupied beach chair, I went to the hotel manager and pointed out that , just may be he could have used a different approach , may be give me a benefit of doubt , may be I or my 8 months old son just don't feel too well and using a little rest , possible?
Never the less , today I came back and at some point , after less than a minute me sitting , Francis started to chase me away by ... pulling beach chair out with me sitting on it with the baby ?! In front of the hotel guests ?!
After that he just followed me like prizoner's guard around the beach , just to make sure that I don't sit on the any chair ( all chairs had no guests on it still)
Now , I know , by the rules he is doing his , so called , job , but does he really ??? It is also sad that hotel management took his side on this one ,

Come and spend your vacation in this hotel , coz one thing is for sure - your beach chairs are safe ! :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Timur S
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love the very friendly and attentive staff at the Bay Gardens Resort and the spacious and very clean rooms there. It is really fun to have the possibility to come back soon.
-> "Saint Lucia we love !!"

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Stonefield Villa Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
#7 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!