“Lovely place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chantilly, VA
“Lovely place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We bought a Groupon Getaway deal for Bay Gardens Beach Resort and couldn't have been happier.

Service: When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with yummy rum punches. The front desk attendants were always very friendly and helpful. If they didn't know the answer to something, they would find someone who did. Lester, the concierge, was also extremely friendly and helpful, always wanting to know how we were doing and if there was anything he could do for us. The staff knew our names and would say hello as we saw them throughout the week.

Hotel/Grounds: The grounds were beautifully kept with blooming flowers everywhere. The rooms were very good, nothing fancy. The pool was great; clean and never crowded. The beach is just steps away! There is security/chair guys who patrol the beach all day. There are also local peddlers trying to sell their goods which can get a little annoying, but it's a public beach. The entertainment and music, run by Pro, was fun. The location of the resort was great, within walking distance to many restaurants if you don't feel like staying on the property.

Food/Restaurants: We had breakfast included with our room rate so we went to Hi Tide every morning and was served by the lovely Hilaria. I miss her already! The one thing I didn't like about this resort was the cats, specifically roaming around the restaurant. But to be fair, we saw them other places as well so I think it's more of an island problem and not a resort problem. Elran, the head bartender, is very friendly as well and kept the drinks coming!

Over all, we loved staying here and would stay at Bay Gardens again should we ever return to St. Lucia!

Room Tip: We were in building 7, Conch Shell, and had a great view of the pool AND the sea. Try to get a 3rd f...
1 Thank Kim P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
Defiance, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The resort was just what we were looking for - it was a great place to relax. Anice was very helpful answering all my questions and setting up a driver to pick us up at the airport. Lloyd our driver gave us details about the island as we made our way to the resort. Lester our concierge checked on us each day multiple times to ensure there was nothing we needed. Room was clean, pool was great, sunsets were amazing on the beach. Nadia from LeMer Spa was wonderful. Massages and body scrubs are the best ever. We felt safe walking into town each night for dinner or to get groceries. Don't just stay on the resort get out an explore the wonderful island. Hoping to be back next year!

1 Thank Tabletop124
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We’ll start the countdown till your next visit from now! We appreciate this lovely review and truly look forward to seeing you again.
Gros Islet, St. Lucia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I would like to share my bay garden experience . Every morning I bring my 8 month old son for a walk to the beach where hotel is situated. Usually it is about 7-8 am , so there are absolutely nobody using beach chairs , simply coz no one is on the beach. As I and you know , beach chairs for the guests only , but if I am a bit tired holding a baby I sow no harm to sit on one of them for , literally, 30 min the most. I never bothered anybody till yesterday , when one security guard , named Francis, sow me and my son sleeping on the chair , he approached and with very rude and loud voice woke my son up . I know in his , so called "mind" he thinks that he is doing his job by chasing me with small sleeping baby from the only one occupied beach chair, I went to the hotel manager and pointed out that , just may be he could have used a different approach , may be give me a benefit of doubt , may be I or my 8 months old son just don't feel too well and using a little rest , possible?
Never the less , today I came back and at some point , after less than a minute me sitting , Francis started to chase me away by ... pulling beach chair out with me sitting on it with the baby ?! In front of the hotel guests ?!
After that he just followed me like prizoner's guard around the beach , just to make sure that I don't sit on the any chair ( all chairs had no guests on it still)
Now , I know , by the rules he is doing his , so called , job , but does he really ??? It is also sad that hotel management took his side on this one ,

Come and spend your vacation in this hotel , coz one thing is for sure - your beach chairs are safe ! :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Timur S
Le Morne-Rouge, Martinique
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love the very friendly and attentive staff at the Bay Gardens Resort and the spacious and very clean rooms there. It is really fun to have the possibility to come back soon.
-> "Saint Lucia we love !!"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The resort had great amenities for families - 1 and 2 bedroom condos, washer/dryer on site, great pool, beach front, and a lovely playground, oh, also a gym :) We stayed for a week. Everyday, there are different activities on site. The entire hotel staff were hospitable. Lester, the concierge, really goes out of his way to make sure all the guests are having a wonderful time. LeMer Spa has excellent masseuses - Helena and Nadia. They are not large in stature but can deliver an excellent deep tissue massage! We are still relaxed a week later! HiTide is wonderful for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners - Jerk Chicken and Calamari are among our favorites there. We did not much prefer Trios. Our favorite restaurants in Rodney Bay, besides HiTide, are Big Chef (steak house) and Spice of India (excellent India food with all the right, fresh spices).

As for the island. It is an impressive little mountainous island. People are proud and warm. There is always trade wind that helps cool you down, no matter where you are on the island! Snorkelling, hiking, and visiting the rain forest (zip lining), are among some of the wonderful activities outside of the resort. We visited the Pigeon Island 2 days, for snorkelling and hiking. It is a lovely place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank QTraveller95124
We’ve definitely tried to include as much as we can to make families that stay with us as comfortable as they would be back at home. It’s wonderful to hear that you’re still relaxed and hopefully it doesn’t wear off too soon!
Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving this wonderful review. We would love to have you visit the island and our resort again.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

All good and agree with other recent reviews. Room large, clean and comfy. Staff helpful and friendly. Beautiful beach. Food at hotel was on the pricey side but about the same as other eateries in the area. Management were exceptionally helpful and accommodating. I have only one criticism: right at the end of our stay we were invited to have breakfast with one of the management team to 'discuss our holiday'. We thought (maybe naively) that trips or repeat stays we're going to be plugged. We met our 'date' who took us to meet her friend and then vanished into thin air. We were left with what turned out to be a timeshare sales person for nearly two hours. Shame - I would have given the hotel 5 if it hadn't been for this. I don't like being duped. I would recommend you to try this hotel, but don't accept an invitation to a meal with someone you think you've struck up a raport with.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the pool and beach and it was great - very private and still less than a min...
Grafton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went with family of five.........After a long, not glamorous ride from the airport, you arrive with a welcoming rum punch and the beauty of the hotel., so much fun, the pool is amazing, the beach is nice, you will get approached daily about something to buy, straw hats, food, jet skis, but the hotel security steps up immediately. The hotel landscape is stunning and the staff (Lester and Jackie) exceeds all needs, they work tirelessly to make sure everything is going smoothly for you.. the rooms are nice and the bathroom is as big as a bedroom..... Every night there was a steel drum band on the beach., there are many sightseeing trips, my favorite breakfast place was Rituals Coffee down the street, it is different , but we had a safe trip. My husband had the best time!!.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,528 reviews
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!