Bay Gardens Beach Resort
East Winds(Gros Islet)
$610
$592
Hotels.com
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$111
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$126
Hotels.com
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
$95
Travelocity
$180
$160
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$101
TripAdvisor
2,291 results
All reviewshi tiderodney baysea grapesst luciapigeon islandbeach frontsplash islandone bedroom suiterestaurants within walking distancebig chefpool viewsecurity staffrotifull kitchentime sharerum punchbeach vendors
Reviewed June 20, 2013

From the time we arrived until our departure, the staff was very attentive and even remembered our grandson's name at check-out. Cold refreshing beverage at check-in made you know your stay would be first class. Our particular room, (804) was on the ground floor on the corner next to the restaurant. It was less than 50 feet to the pool, less than 50 feet to the beach, and less than 50 feet to the restaurant/bar. The food was good but rather expensive. I don't consider that a negative for the hotel as prices of food was a bit pricey at all the places we ate. Down the street was the Lime Grille that was the place where the locals ate. I tried dishes that I had never heard of and enjoyed all of them. Only one negative for the hotel: The Internet speed was abysmally slow. I had dial-up in the 70s that was faster. I still give 5 stars because you shouldn't be anywhere but the beach anyway.

Room Tip: Ground floor in building 8 are beach front and only steps away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim O
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Only one word can describe this place. Amazing. Staff, restaurants, location.... Everything!! Lester was our concierge and helped us out so much, especially after our luggage was lost on the way here! Cleo and the girls at the front desk are awesome. The whole place is paradise and when we come back to St. Lucia, we will be staying at Bay Gardens again. Way better than Sandals!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Right from our arrival to our departure, we had a wonderful time at Bay Gardens.
On arrival, my parents and I were presented with welcoming rum punches. Check in was swift. Our room was excellent indeed. Very spacious and very clean, with a large bathroom. The porch overlooked the pool but was distant enough to allow privacy. The air conditioning was good quality, as was the TV set. The beds were large and very comfortable. We had a problem with the safe in the room, but they sorted that out quickly.
Staff were fabulous. Penny gave us a great introduction to the resort and St Lucia. There are many restaurants within walking distance...their own restaurant looked a little too quiet for us. I would definitely recommend Buzz restaurant, just a few minutes away, as well as Spinnakers.
The beach at the back of the hotel is not that big, but does stretch either side for some distance. Pigeon island nearby is a great place to spend a few hours and enjoy the view of Rodney Bay (but do have good shoes for the higher peak).
Breakfast was the better side of average, but the service was great. My mother wasn't feeling too well, so the staff kindly made some ginger tea for her. They did so again the next day! Very thoughtful.
I used the gym a couple of times and it has good modern equipment. We didn't use the pool, as the sea was much more inviting.
The only downside was that one night, music was playing loudly (in the bar?) till after midnight. But thats it.
Sadly, we were only there for 3 days. It didn't feel enough! This is the sort of place you could easily spend a fortnight, and its also a great base for discovering the stunning island of St Lucia. I recommend this hotel, and we may return! (Although note St Lucia is rather expensive!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dulwich37
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Family with small kids 13/12/7 and a rambauncious 2year old,who will probably be remembered until we visit again!
Staff ever soooo friendly,helpful
Spa......Nadia wonderful massuse
Lovely pool, gorgeous beach!
Thank you Bay Gardens beach resort we look forward to seeing you next year!
Hugs
Family Limrick!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the restuarant end/ nearest other building,sister restuarant with carpark to the back of resort closer to rooms 600-700+ so be sure to askif there will be any events in the car park during your stay and the proximity of your room. Rooms 703/704
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank keskidee
baygardensresorts, Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your family getaway. We’re certainly looking forward to your next vacation!
See you next year!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort May 25th through June 1st in a 1 BR unit. I can't say enough good things about the resort and staff. I had a rocky start to our vacation as my suitcase didn't make it to the island with me. When I told the staff at check-in they were very simpathetic and caring. They told me to leave my luggage form with them and that they would take care of it. And they did. The next day when I inquired, they were able to tell me it was on the next flight and would be delivered to my room when it arrived. Having them take care of that task really helped relieve the stress of not having clothes, etc. A BIG thank you to the front desk staff.

The entire staff is wonderful. Penny was always so cheerful, asking how we were doing and was there anything she could do for us. The resort manager was very gracious. When I mentioned to her that the light bulb in the bedroom overhead light was out, someone was there to replace it within about 10 minutes. The bar and restaurant staff were great too. The restaurant manager suggested a St. Lucian dish the one day for lunch that was just wonderful. And watching the sunsets from the bar with Ali and Vidal keeping the drinks coming was a wonderful way to spend part of the evening.

The unit we stayed in was clean and comfortable. It had a litle bit of a musty smell, but I think that was because it was a ground level unit. We talked with another couple who's unit was on the 2nd floor and they said they didn't have that problem. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and modern. The kitchen was adequate for our needs. Both the beach and pool are great for lounging around.

If you are considering this resort, you won't regret it. My husband and I have put it on our places we will come back to list.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family