Right from our arrival to our departure, we had a wonderful time at Bay Gardens.
On arrival, my parents and I were presented with welcoming rum punches. Check in was swift. Our room was excellent indeed. Very spacious and very clean, with a large bathroom. The porch overlooked the pool but was distant enough to allow privacy. The air conditioning was good quality, as was the TV set. The beds were large and very comfortable. We had a problem with the safe in the room, but they sorted that out quickly.
Staff were fabulous. Penny gave us a great introduction to the resort and St Lucia. There are many restaurants within walking distance...their own restaurant looked a little too quiet for us. I would definitely recommend Buzz restaurant, just a few minutes away, as well as Spinnakers.
The beach at the back of the hotel is not that big, but does stretch either side for some distance. Pigeon island nearby is a great place to spend a few hours and enjoy the view of Rodney Bay (but do have good shoes for the higher peak).
Breakfast was the better side of average, but the service was great. My mother wasn't feeling too well, so the staff kindly made some ginger tea for her. They did so again the next day! Very thoughtful.
I used the gym a couple of times and it has good modern equipment. We didn't use the pool, as the sea was much more inviting.
The only downside was that one night, music was playing loudly (in the bar?) till after midnight. But thats it.
Sadly, we were only there for 3 days. It didn't feel enough! This is the sort of place you could easily spend a fortnight, and its also a great base for discovering the stunning island of St Lucia. I recommend this hotel, and we may return! (Although note St Lucia is rather expensive!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet