We stayed at Bay Gardens the last 2 weeks in August. This was our first family trip (with 2 children 14 & 18) to St Lucia and it was a wonderful experience for us all. The journey from the airport was approx 1.5 hours on winding roads which we expected. We had arranged transfers with our tour operator before leaving the UK which is advisable if your not familar with the island.
When we arrived at our destinantion we were greeted by very friendly, happy and helpful reception staff (especially Olive), who immediately made us feel very welcome and by offering us drinks after our long journey. Our stay in a first floor one bedroom suite was very comfortable and enjoyable (Thank you Cheryl Gustave) the views were amazing, it was very spacious and the kitchen area was well equipped for all meal preparations. Also the place was cleaned well daily throughout our stay and all hotel staff that we interacted with were very polite and informative.
The amenities at the resort are exactly as described and the pictures that have been added to the site are factual representations of how lovely the place is. In my research of this resort I looked at thier own website for more information, which as very helpful and provides a 0800 number for enquiries from the UK. We have no complaints with the resort only praise for the way it successfully makes you feel confident and happy in your surroundings and also provides a professional service to all.
There is a lot of choice in the area for places to eat on the property and along the main route to the resort, we spent most of our time eating outside the resort so that we could get a real feel for our surroudings and mingle with the locals more.
Did not use the spa or gym facilities so cannot comment other than that they were available and there is a games room for the children.
The pool was very enjoyable and the beach was clean and relaxing we did not encounter any problems with hustlers and deck chair and umbrellas were always available for guests.
I would like to say a big hello to Elizabeth who sells roti, cakes etc on the beach and has recently opened a restuarant in the area.
We highly reccomend going on a tour of the island and venturing to places outside Rodney Bay to see more of this beautiful island. There are local buses in Rodney Bay that can take you to places like Castries for apprx 4.5 ec dollars return. There is an hourly shuttle bus service to/from the resort down to the sister hotel (nearRodney Bay shopping area), which we is very useful if you have small children, elderly persons or lots of shopping to carry.
English pounds can be easily changed in the local banks, but it is advisable for you to either bring some EC or US dollars for the first day if you arrive late at the resort after banks have closed.
A special thank you to Sheryl and Olive for making our holiday so special and to the maintanence team for there prompt assistance with the bed :)
hanks to all at Bay Garden Beach Resort, and Yes we will be returning to this resort in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet