This small hotel is located in an area where the immediate view is the backyard of the neighbors. That said if you look further you can enjoy the beautiful hills of
However, on arrival I was turned off by the shabby looking area allocated for Reception. What was even more amazing was the fact that the check in was archaic...writing in books.
Up to the room and very basic. While I can do basic, fittings were old, tiles were chipped and the bathroom looked to be done by an amateur. I also found the linens to be very thin. Some of the lights didn't work.
Nevertheless, I made the best of the situation and after the room was cleaned, it seemed a tad more bearable.
In terms of the area, local restaurants (nothing fancy) abound and public transportation is close by.
The happening place in St. Lucia is Rodney Bay...a short ride away. Plenty of restaurants, beach, supermarket and many other hotel options. For local food, try The Triangle...lunch there was great.
Stephanie's is not my choice for a holiday but if you're on a budget and just looking for a place to sleep, it's an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stephanie's is a small hotel situated in the Rodney Bay Gros Islet strategically located in the north of the island, the home of St. Lucia's premier nightclubs , sports bar and popular restaurants . We are in the heart of all major activities and attractions and only walking distance to all venues such as :- shopping Centres, night clubs, restaurants, Gros Islet Friday night street Party, Historic Fort Rodney at Pigeon Island (home of the Jazz Festival) The Rodney Bay Marina (where the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers culminates) perfect for a stay ashore while hauling your boat in the Rodney Bay Marina, beaches, churches , the Beasejour Cricket Stadium, Car Rentals, Medical Center and the Fire and Gros Islet Police Station 15 minutes drive from the George F.L Charles Air port and 90 minutes drive from Hewanorra International Air port ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Stephanie's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stephanies Hotel Gros Islet
- Stephanie's Hotel St. Lucia/Gros Islet