This all exclusive resort does not disappointed. The transfer is only just over an hour and let's you take in St Lucias ocean views, rainforest and culture in an air conditioned mini bus as the hotel does not transfer in coaches.
One of the nice things about the resort is it is openness which means in a week I didn't feel claustrophobic. This doesn't mean it is far to walk anywhere but it is a nice stroll through beautifully manicured gardens and even if you were in the farthest away room it's really not that far.
For anyone not to like the food they would have to employ a Michelin chef in their own home as every restaurant is very good. We did not eat in the one of six restaurant where you have to pay extra for steak as we like the al fresco dining and as long as you can go a week or two without eating a strak then it's a waste of money especially as the fish and other meat dishes are so good.
All the staff were friendly and you never want for anything either in the restaurants or in the rooms. All facilities are well maintained, there are no lights not working, no loose paving slabs, pools and beaches are always clean etc.
Loved the water sports and never found a problem getting on an activity in fact we learnt to waterski in the week I was there, included in the holiday and the array of water sports is one reason why I would go back.
Probably a split between families and couples and it worked really well because there is so much to do and it gives the place a vibrant feel without it being too much.
The entertainments whils not the best in the world are entertaining and we had a good time every night.
All in all definitely a place I would go back to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet