St. James's Club Morgan Bay - All Inclusive
Bay Gardens Inn(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$125
$102
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$274
$107
Hotel Chez Marie Alish(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$64
$55
Orbitz.com
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$102
Habitat Terrace(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
$52
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$96
East Winds(Gros Islet)
$567
Hotels.com
6,758 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungecalypso catwater sportsadult pooljoy's cruisehilltop pooljoy cruisepalms buffetrum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids clubdays in advance
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We traveled with Virgin as a family of 5 with 2 - late teenage boys and a 20 year old daughter. The holiday was perfect for a relaxed Caribbean resort where smartish but casual is fine for the evenings. The staff were great and loved providing the best service possible. The food was varied and really good so I can't believe some of the negative comments perhaps from fast food connoisseurs. Great beachside rooms with incredible views. We have had over 6 West Indies holidays and this was probably the best. Book with confidence you will not be disappointed if you are a seasoned traveler who welcomes experiences different to home.

Room Tip: Beach front every time!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ballouboy
Reviewed July 19, 2014

St. Lucia - beautiful "unspoiled" island with a lot to do and great beaches. The locals were very friendly and polite.

The resort
The staff - I had absolutely no complaints about the staff. Everyone was polite (a lot of good mornings, good evenings and how's your stay going to go around), genuinely friendly and extremely accommodating. From reception to wait staff (especially Lianna at the Plum Tree) to the guy who checked us out on leaving day we were always treated as family or at least very good long time friends. The staff and management seem genuinely invested in making sure you love the resort and their home island which they are very proud of (with good reason)

Food - with the exception of breakfast no meal was ever repeated. I had dinner at all restaurants except Tree Top. The food at Morgan's Pier was not so amazing but every other resturant was great! Good variety and very tasty. The desserts at all restaurants except Le Jardin were not that good and I love dessert :( however I didn't get to dine at Tree Tops :( Le Jardin was absolutely incredible. Impeccable service and very delicious food. The live pianist at the centre of the restaurant as well as the lighting made for a very romantic setting.

Activities - water sports that are available are great because there are motorized sports available within the package like water skiing and the banana boat etc as well as the normal peddle boats, kayaking, snorkeling etc but all water sports are scheduled so if you intend to really utilize this you should visit in advance and book the ones you are interested in. I also paid additional for jet skiing because I always wanted to try it. It was super fun and much cheaper than other islands :) Every night had different entertainment, one night a very good dj who got a party going, one night a live band and one night an orchestra of my country's (Trinidad and Tobago) national instrument, the steel pan, as well as Caribbean dancers and a fire breather :) very cool! There were also beach games. The beach at the resort was lovely and there are many great pools with close by bars and grills. There were many other activities that I didn't make use of like tennis etc. Columbian emeralds on the resort ran a 50% off sale as well as an exciting raffle and cocktail event. I didn't win but I had fun hoping to win and shopping :)

Accommodations - the room was also lovely. I had a deluxe ocean view. The room was spacious, the view was great, the bed was comfy, the ac and TV worked great. The shower/tub was good. I appreciated the very hot water because I have been to other resorts with poor water pressure and very cold "hot water" lol a warm shower after a long day of activities was very relaxing :)

Spa - I had a couples treatment which was on special. Very relaxing! Nice firm hands :)

Other - the grounds are very well kept. I did my island tour with Joy's cruises - they were great. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The sulphur springs and snorkeling were AMAZING They also surprised my boyfriend and I with champagne to celebrate our anniversary! I had a blast on this tour! Thanks Joy, Eli and the Captain (I forgot his name)

I only deducted 1 star because of Morgan's Pier, the desserts and the lack of wifi in the room. There was wifi in the lobby and some other communal spaces tho :)

After all this....needless to say...I loved this resort and this island! Will be back again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank Tamara F
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We celebrated our 40th anniversary by visiting St Lucia. We chose St James Morgan Bay resort after reading several reviews of this hotel and reviews of other hotels on the island. We were very happy with our choice. No it was not the RITZ or even close but it was overall very nice. We booked an ocean view room and ended up with an ocean front room, we stayed in room 508. The room was furnished adequately and was very comfortable even the bed was comfortable; there were plenty of towels and soaps and shampoos, etc. The person that kept our room clean was very efficient and thoroughly cleaned every morning.
My husband is a picky eater and I was afraid that he would be complaining about the food, but he was so pleased with the choices and the quality of the food that all I heard from him was how good the food was. We ate at all the restaurants except LeJardin. With all the good food available we really didn’t feel compelled to pay extra for more, although it looked like a good place for a very special meal. We ate breakfast at both morning buffets at Bamboo and also at the Palms and found the food to be well prepared and a good variety; I especially loved the omelet station. For lunch Bamboo has an open salad bar and a la cart dining with a lovely view of the ocean and Palms offers a variety of different foods each day on their buffet, I was impressed by how fresh the salads were. We dined at Morgan’s Pier a few nights and their “sticky ribs” are the best. Pizza was great at “Tree tops”. There were many venues to choose from and they are also working on another building that I think it is for a coffee bar.
There is a variety of water sports available from Hobby Cats, kayaks, peddle boats, paddle boats, water skiing, banana boats etc. The pools were well maintained and there were several activities during the day and evening. The staff was great making sure that you had everything you need to make you had the best time.
The grounds are beautiful and well kept. We stayed during the low season (July) and it never felt crowded. There was always something to do and new places to discover.
I think that what I like best about this place are the people who worked there. They are always at hand doing the best to make you comfortable. Everyone here works hard and seems very happy, I never saw so many people that sang and danced while they worked. They make you feel like you are very special. There are too many names to remember but each and every one are very special, especially Sharma at Morgan’s Piet restaurant who always greats you a smile on her face and Hyacinth in the Bamboo Restaurant made us feel like “Kings and Queens” with the royal treatment she gave us. This may not be the “Ritz” but we sure were treated as if it was. I am looking forward to returning here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
11  Thank Lovetotravel774
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at St. James's Club Morgan Bay - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us at The St. James's Club Morgan Bay! Congratulations again on your anniversary! We are thrilled to know that you 'had the best time' at our resort and that our gracious staff, accommodations, variety of activities, and dining options exceeded your expectations and offered you a memorable experience.

We are proud to have such a dedicated group of service minded individuals working at the resort, so thank you for recognizing their wonderful hospitality. We will deliver your praises to Sharma and Hyacinth as well as to the entire St. James's Club team.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit your honest, positive review; your insights will certainly serve useful to our future guests.

Since we pride ourselves on providing guests with accommodations, activities and services in a genuine, unpretentious environment, it truly pleases us to know that you enjoyed our one-of-a-kind Caribbean experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind regards,
Guest Ambassador

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Pros:
- Calling to make reservations and taxi arrangements from airport were very easy and pleasant.
- Reception was relaxing and greeted with a cocktail
- Grounds and landscaping were tropical and very well taken maintained
- All restaurants had great food quality and quantity to choose from
- Favorite restaurant was Morgan's Pier. Second was Bamboo (Lamb Shank was huge!)
- Breakfast and lunch at Bamboo is a must and ask for a table by the water
- Room was spacious and very clean. We upgraded to the Beach Front in the 700 block and it was well worth the additional charge.
- Comfortable bed
- We were right next to the main pool, beach and restaurants for easy access.
- West Indian hot sauce is amazing if you're a hot sauce fan - I had it with everything
- Good sized balcony with chairs and table
- Clean, updated and spacious bathroom
- Great sports activities
- Swim up bar staff were excellent and always willing to wait on us
- Sunset and overall view from top pool and bar (Tommy's bar) were excellent.

Cons:
- Speakers at pool bar were clearly blown and playing way too loud. Time to upgrade the sound system.
- Bartender at Tommy's poolside bar was horrible. She obviously didn't want to be there and was more concerned about counting bottles than waiting on guests.
- Swim up Pool bar drinks were flat. No to little carbonation in soda based drinks (ie Rum & Coke). All other bars seemed to be OK.
- Swim up Pool bartenders were limited on their drink knowledge
- Jet ski guys were way too pushy and loud on the beach
- Odd "Gift Shop" trail to some rasta-men off the beach, who are selling "Seashells" and such...
- Don't eat the burgers! - They taste horrible
- Scrambled Eggs from breakfast buffet were runny. Ask for fresh eggs off grill.They will make any style of eggs
- Bacon is floppy - few crispy pieces
- Sausage didn't taste right either
- No beer in the rooms mini fridge like all other all-inclusive resorts I've been to
- Water cups around common areas and bars were tiny
- Cats hanging out and bothering you during lunch and dinner
- Guests need to read restaurant menus before getting in line for dinner reservations to speed up the process
- On site gift shop was limited on souvenirs such as T-shirts and Logo towels. Must go to town for more options
- Nightly entertainment was pretty bland
- Pools close down too early

Room Tip: request 700 block and upgrade to the ocean front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dspears
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My sister in law and I are presently at this all inclusive in St. Lucia. We are leaving tomorrow after a 5 day stay.
We have had a wonderful time. The resort is extremely clean. The staff is constantly polishing and sweeping. They are also the friendliest and most helpful of any place I have been in the Caribbean.
There is lots to do. 5 beautiful pools, a clean sandy beach, entertainment at night, a gym, and to my delight, lots of fun exercise classes.
There are 5 restaurants to chose from. One is an extra charge. The food is plentiful but ordinary. I would say that this would be my only slight complaint.
The bartenders are eager to please and quick. No complaints there!
The clientele seems to be mostly British but many travelers from the U.S. as well, and we have seen more than a few destination weddings!
Everyone we meet is happy and friendly. Not too many children but the children's pool is away from the main pools, so maybe there are more. If you do bring children, there is a very good pizza and pasta restaurant that they would be happy at.
I highly recommend this for a get away!

Room Tip: Ask to stay near the pools, but there are golf carts for transportation for further rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends