Our family vacation is always on mass with our group of 15, but St James' Club have accommodated for us really well.
We have 3 people who have mobility problems so rooms 600-700 are perfect, with short walks to the restaurants, pools and beach. Golf carts are on request to take you to your chosen destination too.
Dinners you have to book if you wish to dine in the other all inclusive restaurants rather than the buffet, so be mindful and think ahead to avoid disappointment as reservations go quickly. All the restaurants are tasty with a varied menu!
In terms of excursions, I cannot recommend Joy's cruises enough. This has made our holiday as he is so accommodating to every need. Your rep may try and convince you otherwise but with a simple chat to Joy under the almond tree on the beach you'll know they're lying. We took a boat trip to the volcano and mud baths, visited the piton waterfalls and of course visited the majestic Piton mountains, ending the day with snorkelling between the Piton mountains. Joy's beautiful daughter arranged a full buffet for is to each lunch on the beach and even made a lovely birthday cake for my mum. Thoughtful to say the least! And all for a price much cheaper than any hotel will tell you.
I hope this helps somewhat, I've had a great time and the evening entertainment is pleasant. I've read reviews saying the beach isn't that big, but to be honest in St Lucia you don't get long stretches of beach you may be used to in other Caribbean Islands. For longer beaches you may forfeit for pebbles in the water, which believe me hurt! The St James' Club beach is big enough to be content, choose a different destination otherwise!
Anyway all in all a stunning destination, the St Lucian's are lovely. The only down side was the 90minute transfer from the airport, that was tiring with the winding roads!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet