St. James's Club Morgan Bay - All Inclusive
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$274
$95
Bay Gardens Inn(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$105
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
$183
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$111
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$130
Habitat Terrace(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
$63
Villa C'est la Vie(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$133
$314
East Winds(Gros Islet)
$610
6,722 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungecalypso catwater sportsadult pooljoy's cruisepalms buffethilltop pooljoy cruiserum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids clubdays in advance
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just got back from the St-James's Club Morgan after a week stay. All of us agreed that it was a nice resort. We stayed in the block 700 by the bar and the pools and were very satisfied with our location if you don’t mind the music until 11pm but you are so tired at the end of the day that you don't mind. The rooms could use a little refreshment but it was very clean. The view you get from the top floors of the blocks located on the hill must be amazing but I was happy to read the comments on Tripadvisor about the blocks being less accessible to people with health issues . I had read about the beach so we were not expecting to see a long beach with white sand so it wasn't a disapointment. We discovered the small and quiet pool near these blocks on day 2 and went a couple of times during the week, it was a great spot to look at the sunset. We've seen more variety in buffets in different resorts but the food in all the restaurants was good. Our favorite was the pizza and spaghetti restaurant and the Pier. We also appreciated the restaurant Plum Tree near the tennis courts which provided us with a little flexibility and quietness since there wasn't many children last week. The staff was helpfull, efficient and especially kind everywhere , however we did have trouble sorting out our bill at the front desk the night before our check out and had to talk to different member of staff before getting the problem solved. Precious time waisted when you are on vacation. Disapointment came when we saw all the chairs reserved around the pool and on the beach on day 1 while only 20 % were being occupied with people. The hotel should absolutely do something about it. They should reenforce their rule listed on the board around the pool. We took the tour offered by the Water Sports Center, Joy’s Cruises (92.00 $ us) which brought us to Sugar Beach between the Pitons, to a volcano mud bath, small water fall, a delicious meal on the beach and the wonderfull boat ride which was perfect. Eric, our guide was very entertaining. We took a city bus (1.75 $ us) to Castries and prefered our visit to Rodney Bay in Gros Islet. We were told that the night life with all the restaurants is lot’s of fun. Crossing the street to take the bus is an adventure itself. Three of us went Ziplining (75.00$ us)in the rain forest, activity offered through the hotel 45 min ride to get there. We only wished the activity itself lasted longer. We would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Blocks 700 (Noisy until 11pm but very practical) Blocks 800 past the pier is probably the best choice. Blocks on the hill... beware if you are not in shape but the view on the top floors must be amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bibifree
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a week's stay at St James's resort....I was initially apprehensive having read some of the negative reviews on here....but ignore them!! The resort is lovely!

We had a room in block 600 (top floor), the room was clean, spacious and overlooking the beach with an amazing view of the sunset each evening. Only a very slight noise heard from the entertainment from our room, but this was not enough to disturb us (especially as this would be an issue for my partner and I) and so we slept soundly each night...the bed was very comfortable.

As for the beach....it' true that you can't snorkel from the beach....however the water was lovely, the beach was clean. We signed up for the water skiing, kayaking and sailing...the watersports guys are friendly and very patient and always encouraging you to get involved and have a go! (special thanks to Robbie and Stewart for the water skiing lessons....!!).

The other areas of the hotel are immaculate....the gardens are beautiful and well maintained. I even saw my first hummingbird in the garden. We stayed on the beach but the pool areas looked very nice.

As for the restaurants......for an all inclusive it was great....drinks were perfect and so was the food! Our favourite was Morgans Pier and we were served by Mallan each night who was brilliant and very entertaining. We also ate at Tree tops, plum tree restaurant and the Bamboo....no complaints at all!! Breakfast was also fantastic and yes the 'egg lady' was wonderful...perfect eggs...and cooked to how you wanted them!!

We found the staff very friendly and they were always on hand to answer questions or offer assistance!

We did get out of the resort to go on a boat trip organised by Joy....this was the highlight of our trip and I will be writing a separate review about this...but definitely recommend this company especially when compared with the very high prices charged by the tour operator!

So I would recommend this hotel for couples and families alike....plenty to keep everyone occupied and the resort was big enough to relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: Blocks 600 and 500 are quiet, close to the beach and amazing sunset views.
4  Thank Cab1980
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We spent 1 week on vacation here. It was wonderful. The beach was great, and the pools were lovely. The staff were very kind and polite. Don't expect a huge nightlife. The crowd seemed older, but it was fine because after a day in the sun you are ready for an early bedtime and want the peace and quiet. The other guests were very nice, and I was happy to make new friends from other countries. The food was good. I preferred Bambou to the other restaurants, but we did end up going to Plum Grill to get a hot dog and fries one day. One of the best things about this resort were all of the watersports available, with minimal wait time. Just sign up and you are good to go. Sailing, waterskiing, snorkeling. There was more than we could do in the week. Head up the hill on the right side of the beach and go see Sunshine John for souveniers.

Room Tip: Ask for a 700 room to be in the middle of the resort and close to the bars/restaurants/beach.
1  Thank MarzipanZipp
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We just got back yesterday from a week's stay at this resort. We had a pretty good time, but can't say it was great since my husband got a sinus infection early on in the trip. I was happy with most aspects of the resort but disappointed in others. I already had read that the beach wasn't a white, long walking beach, so I wasn't surprised at that, but did wish it had been longer. My biggest complaint was the "towel game." It happens at most all inclusives at this time of year, but I absolutely hate it. If you want a decent beach or pool chair you have to get up at the crack of dawn to "reserve" your spot. I get it because I've done it also, but when people reserve both beach and pool chairs at the same time, it's just rude. Most of the day, you see many many chairs at both the pool and beach that are vacant with towels hanging on them.

The food was pretty good. We enjoyed the pizza and pasta restaurant the most. They had a huge ice cream dessert that was AWESOME!! The buffet was just ok. At the other all inclusives we have been to in the past had much much larger buffets. The reservation process is kind of a pain too. I also missed that there was no room service or drinks in the room fridge. We actually went to town and bought a case of bottled beer because we enjoy sitting on our deck and watching the sunset drinking a beer.

Our room was ok. We had an ocean view in the 1100 block. We were bottom floor and had a decent view of the ocean. I had read ahead of time about there not being a plug in the bathroom, so I brought an extension cord and was able to plug it in behind the TV and could reach the mirror right outside the bathroom.

The water activities were great and we took advantage of that a lot. We also did the Joy's tour to the volcano, mud bath, etc. Didn't think the mud bath/volcano was that great but the experience and the scenery and the lunch was great. Joy's son was our tour guide and he was a great young man. Very entertaining.

It was a long winding ride from the airport, but I took dramamene so I was prepared. I get car sick very easily and I was fine with the dramamene.

The workers at the resort are all very friendly and always acknowledge you when you walk by. Our favorite spot was the pool up on the hill at the end of the day to have a few drinks and have a great view of the sunsets. Sunsets were gorgeous here!

I don't regret coming to this resort, but for the price we paid, we have had much nicer resorts with more amenities on other islands.

Don't worry about the small complaints you read in reviews. No where is perfect. You will really enjoy this resort.

I already miss the warm weather though.

Room Tip: We had a room on the hill in the 1100 block. Our room was on the first floor which was a nice view, but if I were to do it again, I'd go up a floor or two to get a better view. But, you can really hear the entertainment at night pretty loudly, but I was always so tired that I was able to fall asleep.
2  Thank Lorgirl
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We visited with our son and grandparents. The resort is really well set out if you have children as the pool is right next to the beach as well as the Sunset Lounge with a Pool table and table tennis under cover. We had a garden view suite which was nicely decorated with a big balcony, two flat screen TV's and very comfortable beds and pillows. We were very impressed with the staff, everyone was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There was always something going on which suited our son and meant we got time out when we wanted. All of the activities are free, including tennis lessons and water sports tuition and even a banana boat. The grounds and gardens are beautiful. The food was overall very good, our favourite restaurant was Bamboo which was right on the beach but Morgans which is on a wooden pier was also very good. Palms is the main buffet style restaurant, we had some excellent lunches here too. Some of the facilities are a little dated (but were always clean) and Sunset Bar could do with a bit more atmosphere (play some music) when there is no entertainment but we saw a fantastic steel band and there was generally live entertainment every night from 6pm and again at 9pm.

Following other recommendations we went on the Joy's boat trip - a brilliant day out and very good value for money as there is a lot to see plus the home cooked Creole lunch on the beach was sensational.

What really makes this place stand out are the staff, especially Robbie who taught our son to waterski with incredible patience, Agnes who cooks the best breakfast eggs, Stan in Morgans for brilliant service, Ozzie for the football on the beach and Gertrude in Bamboo who really looked after us at dinner. We had previously visited the St James Club in Antigua and for us, this was an all round better experience. This is a good 3-4 star resort. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family