We visited with our son and grandparents. The resort is really well set out if you have children as the pool is right next to the beach as well as the Sunset Lounge with a Pool table and table tennis under cover. We had a garden view suite which was nicely decorated with a big balcony, two flat screen TV's and very comfortable beds and pillows. We were very impressed with the staff, everyone was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. There was always something going on which suited our son and meant we got time out when we wanted. All of the activities are free, including tennis lessons and water sports tuition and even a banana boat. The grounds and gardens are beautiful. The food was overall very good, our favourite restaurant was Bamboo which was right on the beach but Morgans which is on a wooden pier was also very good. Palms is the main buffet style restaurant, we had some excellent lunches here too. Some of the facilities are a little dated (but were always clean) and Sunset Bar could do with a bit more atmosphere (play some music) when there is no entertainment but we saw a fantastic steel band and there was generally live entertainment every night from 6pm and again at 9pm.
Following other recommendations we went on the Joy's boat trip - a brilliant day out and very good value for money as there is a lot to see plus the home cooked Creole lunch on the beach was sensational.
What really makes this place stand out are the staff, especially Robbie who taught our son to waterski with incredible patience, Agnes who cooks the best breakfast eggs, Stan in Morgans for brilliant service, Ozzie for the football on the beach and Gertrude in Bamboo who really looked after us at dinner. We had previously visited the St James Club in Antigua and for us, this was an all round better experience. This is a good 3-4 star resort. We will be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet