St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
View Hotel
Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort(Castries)
  • Breakfast included
East Winds(Gros Islet)
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)
MJI St Lucia(Gros Islet)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Casa del Vega(Castries)
6,656 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungecalypso catwater sportsadult pooljoy's cruisepalms buffethilltop pooljoy cruiserum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids clubdays in advance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a fantastic time here, the reviews as we were booking were average but we really liked the look of Morgan Pier and for the price compared to other reorts we decided that we would go. The room we got was in block 400, with an ocean view, just fantastic. We were a bit concerned about having to book the restaurants, but there was no problem, the food in Palms (self service) was great and Bambou and the Pier (booking required) were in the most lovely settings so even if the service was a bit slow sometimes, it didn't matter as you were sitting right next to the sea. A previous review mentioned a problem with sun beds, we never had a problem (maybe it has got busier),and as the sun dropped into the horizon we moved onto the front row of sunbeds on the beach and watched it with a cocktail or two. Our main gripe would be that you had to drink out of plastic glasses unless in a restaurant, obviously understand broken glass couldn't be a risk around the pool areas so a bar away from these would be good, I spoke to the manager on our last day (gave me a lift in his golf cart) and he mentioned making a pub/ bar area inside, I am wondering whether this is a good idea and my suggestion would be a bar area in the foyer so you still have the feeling of being outside, making the most of the fanatstic climate. The staff were just fantastic, so friendly and willing to oblige, the girls in the Tiki bar on the beach were lovely. The boat trip wth Joys boat tours, simply the best. And oh I also must mention the fogging which is done every wednesday, never seen anything like it before, probably not what you should be breathing in but my god did we have a laugh about it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MabelWarks
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We LOVED our vacation at St. James Club Morgan Bay. We were there two years ago and had a great time, just recently returned for another week and loved it again. They have a new chef and the food has definitely improved… our favorite restaurant within the resort is The Pier by far, it's a lovely place right on the water, excellent food and service.

The pools are very nice, well kept and very clean. Especially nice id the pool high up (Tommy's) overlooking the beach and resort… a fun place, great view of sunsets too. The beach is very nice although the sea water at their location is never that turquoise blue the Caribbean is famous for, the water is usually murky and even brown due to a nearby river feed unfortunately. The umbrellas and chairs on the beach were fine. Towel service is a bit problematic however as they seem to routinely run out of towels, LOL. The BEST part of the beach scene is the activities shack, the guys who work in it are very friendly and helpful and are a lot of fun to joke around with. Played beach volley ball with a nice mix of staff and guests, it was sooooo much fun, one of the highlights of our stay. They also got us set up on one of their Hobie Wave catamaran sailboats every day, it was a real blast. They are very attentive to the safety and safe return of guests taking out boats.

The rooms were very nice, comfortable and clean… maid service very good. The entertainment varies, sometimes a lot of fun and great music to dance to, other nights not so great. They used to have dancers performing two years ago but not this time… they were missed!

THE BEST thing overall about this resort is the warmth and genuine friendliness of the staff that made us feel very welcome and at ease. It sets it apart from other places we have stayed over many years. We will definitely return, it was truly a great vacation!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Al F
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during the first week of December. We had sea view rooms. The location, standard of accommodation, staff, food, entertainment, cleanliness were absolutely superb!

All staff were wonderful- nothing was too much trouble. Mervin on reception arranged a special tailor-made trip for me. The staff in the Plum Tree were amazing as was the food and facilities! The staff at The Pier especially Winston were great. I can definitely recommend the fish.
The staff at the Palms (the main restaurant) were extremely attentive and the food was delicious, fresh, plentiful and there was a wide variety of choice- definitely not boring.
All of the facilities including the grounds were exceptionally clean. The gardens were beautiful and there was an abundance of beautiful humming birds.
The beach was very clean and a picture of paradise. It was great having the free water sports especially the Banana boat. The water skiing instruction was second to none. Also the tennis courts were of a really high quality.
Although, we didn't take any young children, the children's facilities looked good and the children seemed to love going to the Kids Club.

The evening entertainment was good and there are also buses which stop outside the hotel so it is easy to get around.

I cannot relate to the comments in the bad reviews: We found the accommodation to be of a very good standard, service in all of the restaurants was attentive, polite, very quick and the food and drinks were great. The entire hotel including the pools were spotlessly clean! The entertainment was varied and good, the organised activities were also very good. I did not find a "holiday camp" approach... I will definitely return and recommend the hotel to my friends and family. The service and friendliness of ALL staff from the gardeners to the managers was excellent.
All in all one of our best holidays yet! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 531 and had excellent facilities and sea views!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Beewise50
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at St James's Club and we had a fantastic time, one of the best holidays ever and the only problem for us is we should have gone for two weeks because a week is not long enough!
On arrival we had a very warm welcome, a glass of iced rum punch and someone to talk us through the paperwork which was quick and efficient, before being escorted to our room by buggy.
Our room was lovely and more than we had imagined. It was beautifully decorated with white wicker furniture, a balcony just a few yards above the sea where we could watch the sunset and the cruise ships passing by. It was tranquil and relaxing and all we hoped for!
Absolutely every person we met was friendly and helpful and could not do enough to make our holiday special for us. The hotel caters for the needs of a wide variety of people and I think does very well. I was not too keen on the sunset bar or the entertainment, but it was always busy so it obviously catered to the majority. The hotel lobby was comfortable and quieter and a good place to sit and have a quieter drink. It would have been nice if there was a quieter cocktail bar to have pre and post dinner drinks with maybe some more mellow music. I would have loved to have seen some more traditional style entertainment like steel band, calypso music etc and did notice the evening we were leaving there was exactly that!
I thought that the food in all of the restaurants was excellent, breakfast in the Bambou was our favourite and how lovely was the lady who made the eggs. We loved to eat in either the Bambou or Morgans Pier at night and we were very impressed by the service and the standard of food, always nice, warm and well presented. We also love lunch at The Plum Tree, gorgeous, I loved the wraps! Again the staff were amazing, so pleasant and helpful.
The Spa was wonderful and relaxing, again the same pleasant courtesy and the experience is such a treat.
Every area was aimed at meeting every persons needs and I think they did a splendid job! I have seen some people who have made poor reviews and I have never reviewed before but I felt I needed to defend the hotel because they do not deserve a poor review! I guess you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. I did witness one very rude lady shouting at the poor staff in a restaurant and my husband and I felt embarrassed at her rude behaviour! never any excuse for bad manners but there again she just showed herself up!
I could name lots of staff who were exceptional like Wilson, but actually they were all exceptional!
I just want to finish by mentioning Joys Trip! A great day, fun and great beach BBQ! Hang on though, the boat bounced on the waves!

Room Tip: Beach front rooms in Block 500-600 were well worth paying the supplement
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Georgie5555
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Traveled the week of 11/22-11/29/13. The resort was very nice.Beachfront rooms have a spectacular view. Request room 542, its the best room in the 500 block. Has a living room and bedroom and two bathrooms. All others were just hotel rooms, which is what I was expecting. Damon hooked us up!The room was quiet and the view was spectacular.
Free water sports, friendly staff, assortment of pools, sunset views, clean rooms. Plum Tree for lunch, get the chicken wraps. Ate at Le Jardin, delicious and worth the extra. The Risotto and filet mignon were to die for.
Otherwise the food was hit and miss. Buffets were just okay. Pier and the Bamboo were good, but not memorable.Drinks were not top shelf, we had to go to town to get a bottle or two of wine as the selection and taste of what was served was not very good. The BBC and Pretty eyes frozen drinks were delicious.
Take a tour to the Pitons, We did Joy Cruises but I heard others were good too.
We had a couples massage, it was fabulous.
Entertainment was just okay, no place to sit and have a quiet drink except the balcony of our room which was fine. The island air makes you tired.
If you are looking for clear caribbean water you will not find it here. It didn't bother us much, and can't be helped by where the resort is located. Clean Beach towels are scarce, I would recommend bringing your own. Beach chairs could be updated, some were old and broken. We went as a couple but it seemed as families and the kids really enjoyed the way the resort was set up. A lot of smiles!
All and all, it was a great relaxing vacation and was reasonably priced. Got the deal through Cheap Caribbean.com

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms in block 500, request 542!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liz F
GuestAmbassador01, Guest Relations Manager at St. James's Club Morgan Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at the St. James's Club. We appreciate the gift of feedback as a way to continuously improve our guests' experience. Please note that we have addressed your comments.

When seeking a sun-filled Caribbean vacation we do hope that we once again may host you.