My wife, 12 year old daughter and I have just returned from our second
holiday at St James Club, Morgan Bay. We last visited in February last
year. We had a lovely holiday last year and were pleasantly surprised by
the improvements this year. I understand there has been investment from new
We stayed in an ocean view room situated at the top of the resort.
We noticed many changes since our last visit. More covered areas in the
shade around the Plum Tree Bar and the Sunset Lounge, larger paved areas
around the pool, a larger beach area, more wedding gazebos, stronger vented
sun umbrellas with heavier bases around the pool, the addition of a pool
table and a table tennis table, refurbished tennis courts, refurbished spa
and the addition of a self-serve soft drinks and fruit juice machine.
The staff were as friendly as we remembered. Mariline who supervises in the
Plum Tree Bar always had a friendly welcoming smile and made us feel very
special. We had remembered her from our first visit. Maria & Philomena in
the Plum Tree Bar were very caring too. Devon Wilson was very attentive in
the Pier Restaurant and the Bambou Restaurant whenever we met him. The
staff at the pool-side bar worked very hard throughout our stay to keep us
hydrated. There was also a delightful lady who kept the public toilets all
spotlessly clean throughout our stay.
A big plus at this resort is the all-inclusive water-sports including pedaloes, canoes & Hobie cats in addition to motorised sports like water-skiing & banana boats,
I tried to think what improvements could be made. It was difficult to think
what would make the holiday better.
We had fed back last year about the old umbrellas that blew over in the
strong island breezes - that had been addressed so I guess we weren't the
only people to mention it.
All in all the holiday was a complete joy and we really had a relaxing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet