We are frequent travellers and recently vacationed at St. James Club from Oct 10-17.
Positives: Nice room, usually friendly staff, beautiful clean pools, great adult pool with a great view, nice quality food and a small but lovely beach.
Negatives: 1. Upon arrival we were disappointed with the reception. There was no reception desk and we were given a three sheet form to fill out after a very long day to get there. We were seated at a small cocktail table which had dirty drink glasses...we weren't even offered a rum punch! Out of all of the resorts that we've been to, we've never had to fill out our own forms!
2.Although we were quite pleased with our room, a suite with a great view, there was a fridge with was empty. If you were smart enough to bring your own alcohol for an in-room drink, there was no water, soft drink or ice...no ice machines anywhere!
3. The swim-up bar was a major disappointment! It was the rear of another bar and there was no regular bartender...the bartender from above would come down to fill your drink order.
4.Internet: no rooms had any internet hook-up. Free internet was available in the main lobby and the lounge. We could not get reception in the lobby and the lounge, especially in the evening , was loud and smoky. There were no pay phones so we decided to get a phone card at the resort store but were told that they didn't have any and might get some in 4 days...we would have left by then!
5. Lounge: the Sunset Lounge was it. This is not the resort if you like night life. There was entertainment there every night but there was no other choice and everything shut down at 11.
6. Trolley: we were told that the trolleys came by regularly and you could call for one.....never worked for us and our suite was at the top of the hill...
7.Restaurants: Although the buffet was generally very good quality and selection, the a la carte restaurants were a disappointment. We were told that we could only book for three days at a time, but when we went to book for the next three , we were told that they were all filled....we realized that one restaurant was closed each night . Morgan's Pier was very nice but an extremely long wait. The Bambou was also nice but when we asked about sitting outside where there were lots of tables , we were told "NO" and were seated the opposite of where we wanted to be. As others came in, some were seated at those tables but they never filled up. We felt "punished" because we asked! Le Jardin had great food but the restaurant definitely needed updating.
The resort could definitely do with an upgrade !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet