My boyfriend and I stayed at the St-James club Morgan Bay from August 17th to 24th. Both my partner and I have travelled to many different countries and both agree that this was by far our favourite trip. Not only because of the resort, but also because of the BEAUTIFUL island.
The resort itself is not a 4 star hotel, but the staff does make up for it. They are always happy and always there to help you, although sometimes the service may be slow.
We stayed in the 500 building which is an ocean front room. It has a spectacular view, which I highly recommend if you want to spend a little extra. The rooms are very clean, and I disagree with one of the comments saying the walls are "paper thin". We never heard our neighbours unless they would slam their doors.
The food is not the greatest at the buffet, but you can always find something to eat. I recommend eating at the Plum Tree which is situated next to the tennis courts and the kids pool. It might get noisy but the food is really good.
The only downside of this resort is that the pools close at 6 and the last call at the bar is at 12:30. And also the entertainment isn't great.
We did an excursion every single day, and I HIGHLY recommend doing Joy's cruise, it is absolutely amazing, as well as the Sunset Cruise for all the couples. The rum tour wasn't that great. Also, if you like to hike or would even just like to go to a beach with clear blue water, take a cab to Pigeon Island, which only costs 20$.
All in all, we had an incredible vacation and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet