“St James should be called St Peter's "it was heavenly".”

St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
Princeton, New Jersey
“St James should be called St Peter's "it was heavenly".”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and spent one week at the resort. We spent a little bit more for a one bedroom ocean view suite, which I highly recommend. Should you decide to go with a one bedroom suite try and obtain a room in the 1200 or 1100 bldg. on the higher floors the view is nicer with not much obstruction. We first were given room 1026 and when we went to the balcony to see the view, there was a huge tree right in the middle, one had to be a contortionist to see the ocean. We immediately voiced our displeasure and was given another room with a much better view. There is really nothing bad to say about the resort the food was good, bar service was good watersports very accommodating. Overall an excellent resort, no need to pay extra for a Sandals resort when St. James is just as good.

****MONEY SAVING TIP****
A taxi/cab ride to Castries is approximately $14.00 (US) each way, my wife and I would walk outside the resort crossed the street to the bus stop (down the road a bit) took the bus (actually a van) to the last stop in Castries for only $1.00 (US) each, it leaves you across the street from the market place. Coming back the same thing $1.00 (US) leaving you in front of the resort. We also took the bus to Rodney Bay and the marina, can't go wrong for $1.00 (US).

12 Thank Thomas115

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,145)
England, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

place was amazing and the service was great everyone was very helpful and friendly.....it was totally worth it...you dont even need to leave the resort to have a good time..there is everything right there including nightly entertainment...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

9 Thank NeeraMR
Chaguanas, Trinidad
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went to St. Lucia for my honeymoon. My wife and I had the best time. We never imagined that the place would be that lovely. The staff and everyone else were very friendly and the hotel itself lived up to everything we saw in the pictures. It was definitely worth the money that was spent and we had the best time imaginable. Food was great, drinks were always available, it was the best.

7 Thank Deeandra
Stroud,Glos
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went to St. James Club in St Lucia to celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary, we couldn't have chosen anywhere better.
As frequent travellers we are fairly fussy but we had a beachfront room of avery good size with good air conditioning and high ceiling ,with a lovely view. The grounds are lovingly planted and very well kept.
The location is really like a dream of a tropical island holiday coconut palms, white beach and sea.
The food is often locally sourced and with a good choice, although vegetarians would not have much choice, and while good, it's not gourmet.The restaurants cover most tastes, moods and needs, from the more sophisticated, to burger bars by a pool.
The staff are friendly , helpful, and knowledgeable.
There were birds everywhere and my husband and I had great pleasure in watching them.
However, not being sports inclined,or indeed vey mobile, I may have been a bit bored had it not been for a Sketch Club being trialed by Kuoni and the resort.
It was the highlight of my holiday! The instruction and support was provided, very expertly and tactfully by Adam Stower an artist and illustrator. I have been avidly sketching ever since. I learned so much! I certainly hope that this sort of thing will be something offered frequently.

7 Thank EileenCicuttin
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our first time at an all-inclusive resort, and it will most definitely not be our last! The staff was SO friendly and the beach area was beautiful! We had one of the suites on the 1200 block, which was a bit smaller than we're used to, but it was plenty big for what we needed, as we didn't spend much time in the room. The view was breathtaking!! The water sports were fantastic: we learned to waterski (the staff is so helpful) and the banana boat was so much fun. We had flying fish swimming along side while we were kayaking - does it get any better than that?! I highly recommend this to any families who want a great combination of relaxation, experiencing nature, and activity. I only have a few minor suggestions:
- stay a day or two longer than you think you should :-)
- if you want to waterski, make sure you get there first thing in the morning, as the spots fill up fast
- if you're eating at the Morgan's pier restaurant, make sure you don't sit at the very end: the lights by the table attracted so many bugs, we almost didn't return to eat there for another night. We ate at an inside table, had no bug issues, and it was a much better eating experience.

While you're there, we would highly recommend spending the money and going on the tranopy / ziplining experience!

Room Tip: ask for a room furthest away from the clubhouse if you have small children. there is loud music unti...
7 Thank Kristin B
Huntington, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First Let's Start off by when I first walked in to this establishment. I was not welcomed by one staff. The Only This Said to me was "Fill this out and provide a credit card number for any incidentals". " Oh and by the way if you lose the safe lock it is an $100 fee". Probably the last thing I wanted to do was paperwork. I left this back in The U.S. so I would have to do a damn thing. The Lobby is filled with exposed wiring and and mold. Also a Crusty and moldy pond which is not operational and gross to look at. Next Instead of staff bringing our Bags up to our room, we were left with humping our luggage to our Own room which was on the other side of the resort. As we entered our room the smell was just horrendous.The food is terrible and is left out for days. we went to a restaurant and the same soup we had 2 days before was at the buffet the next day. I did not travel 3,000 miles for a buffet. I felt I as if I was working there instead of vacationing. After getting off the pane and arriving we were very hungry and asked where we can possibly get something to eat. We were told all there was is Coffee with tuna and cucumber sandwiches. We arrived at the buffet and the sandwiches were crawling with Flies and birds. The last day we received a basket of MOLDY bread!!! that my 4 year old cousin almost ate. If you do the all inclusive don't hold your breath, we asked for a bottle of water which is $3 each. when asked about the water we were told the water on the island is drinkable. Drinkable yes, but my entire family got sick, Either from the food or the water. Don't bother going to the bar because there is absolutely no alcohol in the drinks or Bottled beer. I ordered a vodka and cranberry, which was basically just Cranberry Juice. I went back up to the bar asked for a little more vodka. Even after the extra vodka there was still no taste of any alcohol what so ever. The was the story for the whole week. Instead of serving the line of people at the bar the staff was more concerned Partying themselves by bumping and grinding. I waited 20 mins for 2 drinks. The staff is nasty and lazy. They had refused to bring us Ice Cream. Instead Pointing to where we could get it. The beach is concrete, and the water is green as can be. We were given so many excuse as to why that was. A local told us a river runs out to the bay where all the locals basically throw all there garbage. Even when you attempt to relax you are harassed by staff to spend even more money for things you thought were included. The cleanliness is terrible and disturbing. As I was laying on the beach we witnessed a staff member cleaning the used cups on the beach and throw then in a Garbage back with not just cup but GARBAGE!!!! This made me sick to my stomach. Our Bathroom was not cleaned all week and our sheet were changed only once. So much more to write but overall just a terrible Experience. DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!! Save Your Money and Play it safe

7 Thank Fbaldanza
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just returned from a ten day stay at St James Club. Very good value family holiday. The free water sports are excellent.... our 9 year old learnt to waterski while we were there! We had a lovely room - a suite overlooking the beach and sea. I'd recommend the rooms in the 1200 block - although they are a short walk up a very steep hill - as they have a great view. Very safe environment for the children and the grounds and rooms are well tended. Palm Restaurant and pool bar could perhaps do with a lick of paint. Remember to book your restaurants for evening meals - we loved our meal in Le Jardin it costs $27 each extra but is well worth it. The pier is a lovely venue. Food in the palm and bamboo restaurants are fine. Breakfasts very good! The hotel kept us very well informed during tropical storm Chantel and there was plenty of fun activities put on to keep the children happy during the Storm. We really enjoyed the Friday night street party at Gros Islet - but if you have kids I'd leave around 10.30! I'd recommend Joy's cruises which operate from the beach outside the hotel - we did the day trip to the pitons, sulphur springs and waterfall with lunch on the beach and snorkelling off Jalouise beach , Vaughn is a great host ! All in all a great family holiday.

Room Tip: 1200 block although a steep walk up from the beach gives great views of the sea and beach. And is ve...
9 Thank BeckyLippiatt
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to St. James's Club Morgan Bay? Share your experiences!