St. James's Club Morgan Bay
$279
$363
$192
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$156
$130
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$114
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$148
$102
$744
$314
Travelocity
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$696
$130
Orbitz.com
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$167
TripAdvisor
Oceanview Hotel(Gros Islet)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,660 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungecalypso catwater sportsadult pooljoy's cruisepalms buffethilltop pooljoy cruiserum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids clubdays in advance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spent a week at Morgan's Bay and it was the best 4 stars south vacation we've visited so far -around 10 trips, 5 countries. Every single employee was dedicated and friendly, only one situation was not top notch and it was a matter of miscommunication, and it was fine once we understood each other. Services were efficient everywhere including at the different bars. Food: less choices but better quality; no over-cooked vegetables, nice choice of fruits and salads and we recommend the restaurant à la carte. The lamb at Le Bambou was perfectly cooked and so were the shrimps at Morgan's Pier. Desserts were varied and tasty. Big breakfast. Room: incredibly clean, mattresses were comfortable, bathroom adequate, superb view. Location: it is almost 90 minutes from the airport. As for the night life, it was very quiet even if there was a show every night. The beach is a bit small and the water is always troubled by sand, but water and beach were very clean. There are so many chairs there that you don't have to worry about finding a good spot. One day with seaweed. Water sports were all inclusive, and I enjoyed watching locals and British playing cricket matches . The two excursions reserved at the hotel were above my expectations. Horseback riding at Trim's National Academy was worth every penny. I wish I had a pic of me holding the horse's neck as we both swim in the ocean, only the heads out, though I have good ones. As for snorkelling, Scuba Steve's Diving brought us at two excellent spots with fish of every color of the rainbow. Finally, I would like to thank many people, but let's just say: Hyacinth, a real professional waitress, Lynde, a very creative drink mixer and special thanks to Nadia who made us feel unique. She rocks. It is a place I will definitely go back, this time with my family.

Room Tip: We think bloc 500-600-700 are the best, you are close to every facility and you are directly facing the sea. We could almost dive from our room in bloc 500.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Argyle105
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As hotels go this is quite quiet due to their being few no young teenagers or singles, just a few smaller children, and there is little or nothing for youngsters to do anyway. Mostly Americans and Canadians. So if you like a quiet restful place at a reasonable price perhaps this is for you. The buffet style food is by and large very good with about 2/3ds of the menus consisting of fish based dishes. It was not made clear to us when we arrived that tables have to be booked for all evening meals. This means that there is no lengthy 'rush hour' queues and most dishes are always available and fresh. However we found that it was not always convenient to plan our mealtimes 2 or 3 days ahead and you have to book early. When you get used to it it works well.
Although the local currency is ECD, everybody everywhere uses US dollars.
I found only a couple of downsides to this resort. First the beach is far too small (about 100 mtrs long) making this and the pool area seem quite restricted. secondly it is difficult to get out into the neighbouring beaches. A few yards north in a small and usually deserted beach accessible by a small path or swimming round some rocks. To the south is a beautiful long (about 3/4 mile) clean beach with plenty of shade, running right down to one of the Sandals resorts. To get to it one has to go to the south end of the grounds, climb down a small wall, walk a few yards along some shingle and rocks, climb up a little cliff, difficult when wet, and down the other side where a stream enters the sea. Here are mangroves, freshwater pools, a wooded area and some rough grazing for a few cattle. There is some excellent birding here, I wish I had found it earlier, but make sure you wear good trainers or shoes because part of it used to be a dump and there is a lot of broken glass and rusty metal in places. The beach is pristine however.
There are over 165,000 inhabitants on this small island and there are few places where one can go out for a walk and and explore the countryside (in the north anyway) because there is almost continuous housing along every road between one village and the next. There is no litter anywhere, all credit to the locals, just rusting old cars.The government owned wildlife reserves are free of any development and are excellent but some way off.
Taxis are more expensive than in the UK but the local buses (minibuses) are frequent and so cheap although usually full but good fun.

Room Tip: Rooms are in blocks 3 or 4 floors high without lifts. The latest blocks are more remote from the beach but have their own pools and bars but on top of the hill so could be difficult for older people and may get some road noise. There are courtesy buggies but seldom when we want them. E-mail the hotel and get them to send you a map of the resort.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PGHatWhitchurch
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I depend on Trip Advisor for making my decision on whether or not to reserve. Prior to making my reservation on Jan. 11, most of the reviews were positive. After I reserved, there were some negative reviews which made me nervous and I was worried if I made the right choice. I just returned from a one week stay, Feb 3-10, and am very satisfied with all the aspects of this hotel. Service, food, room..everything was wonderful. I agree with all reviews that have positive remarks. I especially liked the gardens and enjoyed the garden tour given by Bernard. There are many species of birds to observe. The island is a tropical paradise. I highly recommend this hotel and St. Lucia

Room Tip: room 530 offers a beautiful ocean view and private balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank b3904
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visited St James Club Morgan Bay Resort from Jan 20-27 2013 and had one of the most enjoyable trips yet. Our flight out of Toronto was delayed for five hours and we arrived at the resort approx 2am. We were not in our room for 15 minutes when the phone rang. It was the front desk asking if we were hungry and would like something sent to our room. Very thoughtful and that was the type of service we encountered all week.
The food, drink, pool, and beaches were all very clean and welcoming. The fitness and yoga classes accomodated all fitness levels. Make sure to leave some time for some excursions as well. The zip lining is a blast. The Friday night street party in Gros Islet is a must. Don't eat before you go as there are plenty of vendors selling some of the best food you'll have. The highlight of the week had to be the day spent with Joy's Adventure Excursion & Coastal Cruises. For a very reasonable cost you are taken down the western coast line past fishing villages, shown the beautiful Marigot Bay, taken to the volcano for a mud bath and a swim in the Mineral Waterfalls, fed a wonderful lunch on a private beach, and taken snorkeling between the famous Pitons. Look for Joy down at the beach and book your cruise. You will not be disappointed.
All in all, a fabulous trip to a very pretty island. We will be returning soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in 449. Considered a garden view but did offer a view of the beach too.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank James P
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I really just wanted a week of R&R so we took a direct flight to St. Lucia. It took us about 90 minutes to get to the resort but Christopher's taxi service made it very pleasurable. At check in we were seated on the side, filled out our paperwork ,given a rum punch and then headed off to our room in the 900 building. Room was nice with a great view but quite a physical workout to go down the hill for meals and entertainment. We missed having a clock radio.
A small pool and Tommy's bar is not far from the spa and buildings 900-1200. Meals were fine! I didn't expect gourmet but got good decent food and very good deserts. A nice variety was always available. For some, I think the serving size in the full serve restaurants might be too small but for us it was fine. The staff were some of the nicest I have met and service was very good. My vacation was exactly what I expected.

Room Tip: If older and not in good shape pick rooms away from the hillside.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple