St. James's Club Morgan Bay
$279
Orbitz.com
$370
$192
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$156
$130
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$114
Travelocity
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$148
$102
$744
$314
Travelocity
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$696
Orbitz.com
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$167
TripAdvisor
Oceanview Hotel(Gros Islet)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,660 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungecalypso catwater sportsadult pooljoy's cruisepalms buffethilltop pooljoy cruiserum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids clubdays in advance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Morgan Bay in the English October half-term and had a great time. The trip was a special one and the staff a facilities helped to make it just that.
We ended up only staying 6 days at the hotel after a delayed flight but everyone of them was brilliant. We arrived at the hotel to find our travel agent had booked us a three person room for the four of us but after talking to reception we were able to move to one of the suites in block 900 which was what we had been expecting all along.
We took full-advantage of the watersports doing a selection of activities each day, the amount of variety was fantastic but it is best to decide which activities you want to do in the morning and sign up then as otherwise you might not be able to do what you want.
The food was excellent: we went to the palms, bambou and morgan pier restaurants each twice and had extremely good and varied food. We found the bambou and morgans pier (the two restaurants you got served in but had to book) had simular quality food to the buffet restaurant, however we chose to go to them because of their locations and they stopped us from overeating!! The staff were extremely friendly and attentive, and although sometimes drinks were slow to arrive they were always very apologetic if you were kept waiting.
We went on Joys day cruise which was the highlight of my trip, it was a really intersting and fun day out and the experiences i had on this trip have been all ive been talking about since i got home!
Overall our stay at Morgan beach was amazing and i would recommend it to anyone, if only we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: We were in block 900 in a lovely room with great views, however if you mind a bit of a hilly walk 900-1200 are not the rooms for you
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cravingsunshinenow
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here with my friend from Oct 4-11. The hotel was recently renovated. WE were initially given a room far from the main area which did not overlook the beach. We asked to change to another room because we were worried about our knees and back with all of the walking. We were given a lovely room that overlooked the beach. The room was clean. Be careful of the heat of the hot water though! It can easily burn you.

The food was really good with a good variety! Lots of yummy fish! Lots of veggies!

The staff are very friendly. It was really nice that they did not bother us for tips like staff do in many all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. An 8% service charge was included in our rate, but we gave all of the staff an extra tip before we left. A new 15% VAT tax was introduced early in October, which will likely cause hardship for the St. Lucian as their local prices are really expensive.

We took a local bus to the casino in Rodney Bay - no problems at all on the local buses! They're similar to the maxi taxis in Trinidad, and it was around $1.35 EC to get from the hotel to town. St. Lucians are super friendly and like to have fun and laugh! However, we were a bit bored at the resort as we wanted to go out with the locals and party more! Not much happening in Rodney Bay, but the Friday night street party in Gros Islet was a blast!

The drinks at the bar were really really good! But take your own plastic glass as the glasses provided at the bar were quite small! Even the wine was pretty good!

Lots of British folks at the hotel the week we were there, and we had lots of fun with them!

There are lots of water sports, including a banana boat, water skiing, and kayaks. There was nightly entertainment which was okay, but the band should have asked people to dance more!

It was super hot! The temp was probably around 35 degrees or higher with the humidity. Don't count on ever having a good hair day!

We did the jeep land and sea tour, which took us to the volcano, the mud baths, a few water falls, and then a lovely cataraman ride back to Rodney Bay. There are a few good restaurants in Rodney Bay, especially around the marina. Prices are comparable to restaurant prices in Canada.

Overall, I'd rate this hotel as a 4 star and would recommend it for a lovely trip. I'm not sure why anyone would negatively review this hotel. I've travelled a lot in the Caribbean and found it to be a decent place for the money spent.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the ocean. Otherwise, it's a long walk!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Drumming
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this in the lobby of the hotel about to leave, having just been presented with a bill for an account I settled yesterday, which sums up this hotel. Unprofessional, poor quality and lazy when it comes to service.

This hotel is one of the worst I have been to in the Caribbean and I have travelled widely in the area. It is no more than a 3 star at best. The food is very poor, the cleanliness suspect, (you have to check your drinks glass at the bar for mould) the hotel is undergoing a quick face-lift but it can't hide the fact that its standards have been falling for a while. It is just about a poor 3star standard.

Those that have given this hotel more than 3stars would probably give any all inclusive that serves "free" alcohol and food a good review. I hate to break it to people but most all inclusives in the Caribbean knock the socks off this place. Please please go somewhere else there are loads of places in Barbados,Antigua, St Lucia, etc which will show you what a good all inclusive is and make you wish you could change your review.

All in all we will never be back and all I can say as advice to people is go somewhere else - there are so so many better places.

• Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank Int_traveller_Lon
MorganBayStLucia, Manager at St. James's Club Morgan Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

Please know that we appreciate our guest taking the time to provide their feedback on their stay, however we do not agree with this guest's comments about Morgan Bay.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts on your visit with us here at Morgan Bay. We pride ourselves with the quality attention and service that we provide for all our guests, and would like to apologize for not fulfilling your expectations during your stay with us. We value all of our guest, and are fully committed to personalized attention which is why your comments come as a surprise. The staff and management here at Morgan Bay pride themselves as being one of the most accommodating teams in the hospitality industry.

Morgan Bay hosts hundreds of very happy guests each week, and we consistently earn excellent reviews amongst our guests. This is because we work very diligently to deliver a relaxing, stress free vacation in a beautiful setting, with some of the friendliest staff in the Caribbean.

At Morgan Bay we take the comfort and safety of its guests very seriously. We strive to ensure that each guests room is clean, comfortable and safe. Our guests regularly report that they enjoyed their accommodations and amenities.

Although the vast majority of guests rave about our friendly services, and the culinary delights of the Chef. We pride ourselves on providing guests with a well-trained staff, which regularly receives compliments on both service and quality of their food and drinks.

We thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your recent visit. We do hope that you will return and allow us an opportunity to extend our warm and friendly Morgan Bay hospitality.

Warm Regards,

1 St Lucia airport was good Westjet reps were there no problem
2 Drive to the resort LONG but saw the island not bad at all
3 Check in fast no big problems
4 Room was big and we were upgraded to ocean view room

The resort was very good, not a 5 star but a good 4-4.5 star. The food was good and I never had a problem eating even though I am a picky eater. I have Celiac and was offered to meet the Chef but wanted to try without bothering him I had No problem and gained 6 lbs over the week. We ate at the Palms (Elma was great mostly for a young girl) most of the time- the service was unbelievable.
The grounds were kept very nice (thanks Snagg- head groundskeeper). The bar servers were kept very busy but found the Tommy’s(Rum Shop) Hilltop Pool Bar was the fastest to get a drink (AWESOME work LB) they also have a wonderful ginger rum you have to try
If you to the spa, you have to try a massage from Anika, she was amazing
If you go to this resort and go on one outing it has to be Joy’s Cruise. He is a wonderful man and gives you value for your money spent. Had a great time finding out about the Island. If you can handle it, the pool at the mud bath was the BEST.
The best thing about our vacation was the people of St Lucia they are the friendliest people in the world. If you get a chance please take a bus into town and talk to the people there, you will not be sorry
Now the bad: Tommy’s Hilltop Pool Bar needs a washroom!!!!! As I said before this is not a 5 star resort but, you will get a far better feel for the island and its people by staying here
If you can please tip these people work hard and deserve it

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Where do I began... Do I begin by describing how wonderfuly awsome the St lucia natives are or do I begin by telling how you amazing the service,staff & ambiance is... the hotel is incredibly humungous & the oceanic views are to die for... The food is great... I highly recomend the many varieties of fish on the island... They really got cooking fish down to a science.. me being the very picky vegetarian that i am I thought i would hate the food out there but thankfully I was extremely mistaken... I never ate so healthy & so good in my life lol.. my wife & I went out there to celibrate our second year of marrige & had a blast... The only negitive thing that I could possibly say about morgan bay is that the place is so big it might be a work out just to get to & from your hotel to the beach & restaraunts... & even that is not bad cause it's actually good for you, because it helps burn the calories you just inherited from all the awsome food lol... Bring some sun tan lotion, sun block & mosquito repellent cuz its a must out there...lol there are plenty of activities to do out there... fun in the sun... is a daily routine :) we did it all out there but zip lining was kuh-razzzzzy our tour guides were the most humble, funny & warm hearted people ever, there names were Lisa & Chubby I would never forget.. I highly recomend the zip lining activity for 2 reasons its fun & you get to meet the dynamic duo Lisa & Chubby that alone is worth the trip lol... to make the long story short St lucia morgan bay resort Rocks... the night life is pretty cool too... maybe ill see you there one day :) have a safe trip..

Room Tip: Choose the room on the side of the resort where you don't have to walk as much*** right next in house water activities by the beach iss the best place to stay...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple