St. James's Club Morgan Bay - All Inclusive
$559
Orbitz.com
$314
Hotels.com
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
$314
$183
East Winds(Gros Islet)
$610
Hotels.com
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$111
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$126
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
$95
Travelocity
$180
$160
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$101
TripAdvisor
6,718 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungecalypso catwater sportsadult pooljoy's cruisepalms buffethilltop pooljoy cruiserum barchoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids clubdays in advance
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were here in June/ July this year and had an amazing holiday. The resort is lovely and in a beautiful location. The staff are all helpful and very friendly, they especially went out of their way to make to our 5 year old son feel welcome. There is a good choice of restaurants and the food is good quality (Bambou and Morgan's Pier are also right on the sea and offer lovely views.) The whole resort is very clean and the gardens are beautiful.
The only issue we had is that it sometimes took a long time to get served at the bar, a few more staff working, or both bars open at once, could have helped.
It is very easy, quick and cheap to get to either Rodney Bay or Castries from the hotel entrance, using the local buses. It cost less than 5EC for myself, my husband and our son to get to either destination and we used the buses regularly.

Room Tip: We were in the 300 block, these rooms had yet to be renovated but were still nice. Also this block and the 200 block are ideal is you have children and want to use the kids pool or kids club.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mycatsaysmeow
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have just returned today from a week at Morgans bay and my feelings on this hotel are very mixed.We had not been advised by the local reps or our holiday travel company that this hotel was to close on the 10th September for renovation.
Initially the welcome was excellent and the room allocated although standard had a lovely view of both the sea and pools and the staff were welcoming,courteous and friendly. However as the week went on building work started to the rear of the pool and then finally the day before the closure the beach seats started to be cleared away and then on the Monday morning the hotel was taken over by builders, gardeners and the children's pool was also emptied.All around the remaining pool area gardeners were taking out bushes and trimming with machetes far too close to the remaining guests.The air conditioning units removed. There were pipes everywhere and there was certainly no thought being given to our Health & Safety.There was a limited choice of restaraunts availablethroughout the last week and the fact is that our holiday was marred by the lack of communication between the managers and his customers. Finally a few of the remaining holiday makers spoke to the manager and he explained that we should have all been advised before we came. I do hope that once the work is completed they can go back to being the great hotel it has the potential to be. The location is beautiful and our room was kept spotlessly clean, free water sports, throughout our stay, entertainment was good although it went on a little too long and could be quite noisy if you had a room nearby. A few of the customers who complained have been offered a 3 nights complimentary stay so if I do return I would hope that I can up the grading to what it should be beween a 4 and 5.

Room Tip: all the standard rooms are in lovely locations with either garden or sea views and set in beautiful grounds, if you want a suite they are at the top of a hill so be prepared to do some walking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank careline
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have just come back from a fabulous week in St. Lucia at the Morgan Bay Beach Resort. Was very apprehensive after reading some terrible reviews on here but upon arrival I realised I had nothing to be worried about. Check in was very efficient, the gentleman was friendly and greeted us with a huge smile and strong rum punch! To our delight we were upgraded to an ocean view room which offered a truly beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea. The room was very clean, there was no mould on any tiles as had been previously mentioned, the hair dryer was safe, no wires dangling and was attached to the wall. The week was cleaned every day to a very good standard every day and towels were replaced daily. The food was fine, if you are a foody then why would you chose all inclusive is all I have to say, the buffet style restaurants were clean and the waiters/waitresses couldn't do enough, the variety of food was sometimes limited but that may have been because of the resort winding down for a renovation, overall a good mix of global and traditional Caribbean foods was offered, what more could you ask for? Ok yes, the birds do fly in and out but I have travelled to many Caribbean islands stayed in wonderful resorts and that is a recurring issue, they do not come to your table or nibble at the food in containers so I do not really see a problem. A slight moan at the amount of flies around the kitchen area sometimes but other than that the food was good. Bar service was fine, very heavy handed with the alcohol but that is certainly not a complaint! All sorts of drinks and cocktails offered from global brands again to the local rums etc maybe the cocktails could be freshly made instead of pre mixed but were tasty nevertheless. The hotel is quite big so depending on where your room is situated you could have a long walk but this could be easily rectified with a few shuttles/golf buggies wondering around the resort. The facilities were clean, the pool was cleaned regularly, yes there were glasses left on some of the loungers but hey it is the Caribbean everything gets done eventually! Beach loungers were in large supply, although not many umbrellas this is something that does need to change because the blistering heat is hard to manage at times. Last and certainly not least I would like to make a special mention to the water sports team, in particular: Stuwart, John, Bell, Johnny, Karim and Peter you guys are amazing, you really made my holiday! So friendly, a lot of banter and genuinely happy to help you try and do anything from waterskiing to sailing, you really are wicked so thanks a lot, I look forward to seeing all of you guys in London sometime soon! Also a quick mention to Sharon in Bambou and Kevin at the bar! The resort is based on a small hill; the scenery is lovely but could probably do with a quick lick of paint to liven it up again! Can’t really say much about the nightly entertainment as I did not watch it but the live singing was really good! Overall, a lovely holiday with something for everybody in my family to do and cannot wait to return to the beautiful island of St Lucia!

Room Tip: Block 600 for amazing beach views, close to the beach and far enough away from the loud evening entertainment
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Serena K
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Below is an extract of the letter we have sent to our tour operator which outlines the main points!
• We paid a supplement to stay in a Superior sea view room – the room we were given did have a sea view but was in the block furthest from the beach and amenities. On speaking to other guests who had rooms which were directly opposite the beach they advised that they had not paid a supplement and only booked a standard room. We did raise our concerns with the reception team who advised that for an extra £40 per night we could upgrade our room which, on top of what we had already paid seemed rather unfair.
• The room itself was of poor quality – the hairdryer which was in a case that should have been fixed to the wall, was on a shelf in the wardrobe and I was unable to plug it in anywhere near the only mirror in the bedroom. I would expect to be able to dry my hair in front of a mirror in most hotel rooms.
• We arrived at around 4pm on Monday afternoon so were unable to book a restaurant for that evening and dined at the Palms buffet style dinner.
• On Tuesday I enquired about booking tables in the other restaurants for the rest of the week but was advised that all of the restaurants where fully booked for Tuesday and Wednesday so the earliest I could book was Thursday and we again dined in the Palms for a total of 3 nights in a row.
• The Bambou restaurant was then closed for the rest of our stay so we were unable to dine there at all. I was advised that this was due to the fact the resort would be closing down in September for a refurbishment which I strongly agree is needed. However I wasn’t advised that not all of the restaurants would be available when I booked.
• The buffet for breakfast and dinner in the Palms was disappointing to say the least. I have stayed at far smaller hotels and seen larger buffets with far more variety than was available here.
• It was also disappointing to note that surcharges where on most of the menus if you wished to have Steak, having stayed in several all inclusive resorts previously I have never had to pay a surcharge in this manner and it does take the advantage away from booking an all inclusive package.
• During our stay we had several sightings of large rats in and around the pool and Sunset bar area which we found rather alarming and even more so when other guests confirmed that they had seen the same.
• The bar staff were rude and ignored me on several occasions meaning that other guests had to point out that I was waiting to be served and the bar was not particularly busy at any of these times either.
• We visited the Sunset bar one evening and found that although the bar was nearly empty, nearly all of the tables had empty glasses on them, and I noted that there were 3 bar staff standing chatting behind the bar who showed no intention of clearing the tables. The empty table we did found to sit at next to the bar had food debris all over it. Upon asking a member of the bar staff for a cloth and explaining that it was needed to wipe the table they promptly handed it over. I would have thought and expected in this situation that they would have perhaps wiped the table instead of expecting guests to do this?
• Overall the resort was drab and untidy in places the pool side was littered with half empty glasses which the bar staff didn’t bother to collect and plates of half eaten food which birds where fighting over.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank ilovesun99
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We took our 13 year old son for a summer holiday and travelled from the UK for a 1 week stay. The resort was very well run and the staff all very friendly. The room was to a high standard and had great air conditioning that was quiet and effective. The food was very varied and of a high standard. There were four restaurants, although not all were open each night and it was initially not possible to book these as they were fully booked (guests can book tables in advance for up to 2 days ahead). The default restaurant was anyway very good and was buffet style with no need to book in advance. We would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family