We arrived at this resort early December '07 for two weeks. We got married and it was the first time for both my husband and I. After reading the reviews here I gave the resort the benefit of the doubt and did not have too high expectations.
We arrived by helicopter, I would recommend this. After being greeted with a tasty rum punch we were escorted by buggy to our room which to our horror was already occupied! We were quickly given a new room and soon forgot the incident.
Our wedding was the biggest drama though, I will try to be brief
1) Free Nail Manicure - NO!! Free colour for nails yes but you have to pay for a French Manicure! I didnt think a white dress with red nail varnish would go so had to pay extra.
2) Our choice of venue for the wedding meal was not available and so we joined another wedding party in the same restaurant that night. I did congratulate the other bride and felt really special that day!!! NOT.
3) Our private meal was not given, we ordered lobster to try to make the private meal more special and paid for champagne.
4) If you book a premium room do not expect a room upgrade because there isnt anything better and nothing is given for free to compensate.
5) My husband ordered champagne for the bridal party which arrived and we assumed it was complimentary. I was not told that my husband to be sent it to me and only found out later.
6) I got married at 2pm and the our meal was at 6pm. After photos all we could do was hang around at the bars with other guests until it was time to eat. There was no private room allocated for our party of 14 which would have been a bit special.
I have to say the wedding ceremony was lovely although photos were a little rushed. We did complain about the above and they apoligised giving us a refund for the lobster, we paid for the wine, we were given another private meal for 2. I was given a free massage but that was about it. This was certainly a wedding to remember, fortunately we had nice weather as other couples were not so lucky and rearranged their dates.
Other than that food was lovely and well presented, I can not fault that and was not bored at all but then I like to try most things.
Service was pretty quick and the people friendly.
Joys Cruise is a must.
Our honey moon was in Antigua, Galley Bay. Anyone looking for pardise, I highly recommend going and we will be returning but unfortunately not to Almond Morgan especially with the new blocks being built and the increase in people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from reality at the four-star St. James's Club Morgan Bay, Saint Lucia - A fun, relaxing, and casually elegant Caribbean beach resort famous for its friendly staff, amazing tropical gardens and great service. St. James's Club Morgan Bay is an excellent choice for couples, families, weddings, honeymoons, family reunions and more. This resort has 345 rooms in total for its Caribbean vacationers to choose from. Guests can relax and enjoy terrific garden view, beachfront, ocean view and suite accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, West Indies, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club Morgan Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan Bay Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Almond Morgan Bay Beach Hotel
- Almond Morgan Bay St Lucia
- Almond Bay St Lucia
- St. James's Club Morgan Bay St. Lucia/Gros Islet