“A pleasant staying all the time !!”

and 1 more site!
Tropical Breeze Guest House
Ranked #3 of 15 Gros Islet B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I´ve been coming to Tropical Breeze for almost five years and I can say it is one of my favourite spots while I am working. Always nice, always clean, always comfortable !!!
Easy to find and easy to relax!!!
If I want to go to the beach I walk or drive, it does not matter, there is a wonderful place to go from here to everywhere...... and their hospitality is the invitation I am taken every time I am leaving St. Lucia !!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Solecita147392

Reviewed March 4, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a trip to St Lucia & a stay at Tropical Breeze. We left with only fond memories and very satisfied feelings about our accommodations. Tropical Breeze was responsive & great at answering my myriad amount of questions before we even arrived. The price for staying there is utterly unbeatable, especially when you think about the space & amenities you get. We stayed in the Charles Apt during our stay and it was immaculately clean (with daily maid service). The kitchen gave us the ability to cook some of our own meals but we split that in half with eating out so it was a nice balance. There is an AC unit in the bedroom so you stay cool while sleeping and then when not in the bedroom you have many windows to open with the lovely constant breeze to cool your space down. Wi-Fi is also available at a nominal fee.

The location was in a very local area which enabled us to meet a good number of the friendly locals. We walked to the Friday Night Jump Up in about 3 minutes and the beach is just a bit further. You can walk to most of the nice beaches from this location including Reduit (prob 30 minute walk or short bus ride which is 1.5 ECD per person each way), Pigeon Island (prob 20 minute walk & Jambe de Bois for lunch or dinner is a must), or even just the long stretch of beach starting close to the apt going all the way to Pigeon Island which is really nice.

The people who run this place are exceptionally kind & friendly. I cannot really say anything negative about this place but if you are the type who likes all-inclusive big resorts...this is not the place for you. Also, one other small thing (but I fell it bears mentioning)...when we paid our remaining balance with credit card we were charged an additional 4% fee (not the cc fee) by Tropical Breeze. I was not informed of this fee at any point but since we were so happy with the place we decided not to make a fuss over 12USD...just wanted to mention for awareness purposes.

Overall, a fabulous trip to St Lucia and Tropical Breeze was a very integral part of that. Thank you Ruth & Listen!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Leigh-AnneBoj
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We were greeted warmly by the staff at this '"Off the beaten path"' guest house. Tired from our flight we were about to set out to walk into the town when a member of the staff graciously offered to walk the paths and help us find a good place to eat. Water in the shower was not in abundance but the charm of the place made up for it.

This place is right for those looking for simple, local and the non-conventional vacation accommodation

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank excie
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Staying at Tropical Breeze fulfilled all our expectations
for a dream vacation. Our room was large, clean, with a very
comfortable bed, fresh linens and a clean bathroom. Staff was very
friendly, courteous and helpful, above all, we benefitted from its location
because it was very close to the beach, Beausejour cricket ground
and Gros Islet nightlife. A truly delightful vacation experience
while staying at this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hector002
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I stayed at the tropical breeze back in August and I was so impressed with the hospitality that was displayed. It was my first time visiting St. Lucia and I must say that I picked a very cozy and friendly place to stay at. When you first pull up to the hotel you are welcomed by a beautiful landscape of different flowers and friendly natives that are more than eager to say hello and stir up a conversation. The hotel itself was in a great location that offered nearby streets filled with nightlife entertainment and a beautiful beach only five minutes down the street. As for the hotel and room that I stayed in was absolutely immaculate and the house keepers were extremely friendly and helpful. Another plus to my stay was having a kitchen in the room that I stayed at, which is one of the very attractive reasons why I picked Tropical Breeze giving me the option to try the native food or also having my own comfort food at my disposal. My biggest positive impact while staying there were the very friendly and knowledgeable owners. I was not only getting a comfortable stay but also was given wonderful advice on beautiful sites and attractions. There is a difference in going to a big commercialized resort and going to a hotel that engages you on a more personal level where the owners say good morning to you and always make sure that you are at home. I enjoyed my time in St. Lucia so much that I will be going back this year to bring in the new year . I must say the island itself is absolutely beautiful but what was even more beautiful are the natives and the island hospitality that Tropical Breeze had to offer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ziljianized
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I traveled to the St Lucia in 2010, and Tropical breeze was recommended by friends who had recently stayed there. The accommodations were immaculate, to say the least.

The hotel was very clean, and well kept. Not only was the host and staff extremely courteous, and gracious, they treated us as if we were guests in their “home” not their hotel. Because they are natives of the island, they are very knowledgeable about popular tourist attractions.

We decided to try a B&B in order to spend less money on our vacation, Ruth, the host, even negotiated prices for us to spend less in traveling around the island. Service like this was worth more than we paid for.

I would not hesitate to go to Tropical Breeze again, this is how a B&B should be run

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tropicalgirl75
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Bedbugs infestation. Rude, obnoxious, verbally abusive, aggressive, owners.
Seems they are only interested in the money and not their guests.

I would not recommend Tropical Breeze Massad Gros-Islet, even if it was the last place to vacation on earth

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
#1 of 15 in Gros Islet
Hotel Chez Marie Alish
Hotel Chez Marie Alish
#8 of 15 in Gros Islet

Been to Tropical Breeze Guest House? Share your experiences!