“Don't hesitate to go there”

Hotel Chez Marie Alish
Ranked #7 of 15 Gros Islet B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stay chez Marie Alish 14 days between december 25th 2011 and january 8th 2012. We had a greayt time at St-Lucia. The manager and owner of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. We arrived on christmas day and he find an open restaurant for us! He also give us a lift to go and come back. His wife is also a person that you can trust. Our room were clean. Just a little few things: pressure in the swower was so-so and the air conditioning can be a little bit strong, but nothing to not go back there one day. You can make your own meal at the hotel and you will save money because restaurants are expensive. Also the hotel is close from the Famous Friday Night Jump Up at Gros Islet. You can walk there from the hotel but you will not here it from your room. The price of the room is quite good also.

The hotel is well located and the local bus pass just in front of the hotel. You can go to Castries in 15 minutes or to the Choc bay beach in 10 minutes. It takes 20 minutes to reduit beach and 15 minutes to Super J(the grocery). it takes 1h30 to go to the hotel from the airport.

St-Lucia is not so easy to travel by road. It is very accidented and you will in mountain with roads who never goes straight.Cars goes on the left side of the road and people drive very fast. It's a little bit dangerous. For example we took a bus from Castrie to Soufriere and it was a rollercoaster for an hour. We do not like and we were almost sick. Take a taxi for ride so long.

Beaches in St.Lucia are nice. The best one we went was Anse Chastanet, next to Soufriere. You will have to take a taxi boat from Soufriere: 120 EC dollars. Marigot Bay is weel to. Take the bus from Castries. You must do a catamaran tour to go to see the Pitons and the volcano!

You will enjoy St-Lucia, people are friendly and don't hesitate to send me an e-mail if you want more informations

Room Tip: The first one upstair was good and have a full kitchenette with micro wave oven, oven and refrigerat...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rduchesne01

Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I just came back from our one week honeymoon and Chez Marie Alish and I have to say we both enjoyed it very much. I can only agree with all the other reviews, that everything was very clean and the Host and his wife go the extra mile to make their customers happy without a big fuss. Just a true gem, like someone else already mentioned. The creole bakery next door is a wonderful bonus with the fresh goodies. All together we had the time of our life. We are both travelers not tourists who squeeze in with the rest. So for us it was a wonderful experience to be right in Gros Islet with good connections to Rodney Bay and Castries.

Our honeymoon will be in our memories forever.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I will be staying at Hotel Chez Marie Alish Apts any time I visit St Lucia.....I felt very safe and comfortable....stayed with my daughter and we had a grand time...there is a bakery next door with delicious bread w/without cheese,butter and luncheon, pastry and local juices....

Mr Castro was very kind and on our arrival took us to where we was going and even wait for us..... and he even took us to the airport on our day of departure.....

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trinidarkie
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My fiancé and I were on a 4 week vacation in the Caribbean and did a bit of island hopping. We stayed in St. Lucia for 6 days and never had a better time. We chose Chez Marie because we really wanted to experience the island the Caribbean way and were not at all disappointed. We had such a great time in St. Lucia and all thanks to Castro, his wife and friends.
We have never met such friendly, warm persons ever. Castro showed us around on many occations just to make our stay even more memorable. He even took us walking one morning with him and a group of friends just so that we could see a bit of the area. Exercise for them but a really nice experience for us.
The very, very spacious apartment is conveniently located close to the main road heading to Rodney Bay and Castries.....just about 2 mins walk to the bus stop actually. The kitchenette is fully stocked, and the apartment spick and span. We never once felt unsafe in any way. It was great to just kick back some evenings on our verandah and relax. The grounds are very well kept with loads of local flowers. A little hummingbird might even pay you a visit on the verandah.
For tourists who are really interested in getting out and having a real St. Lucian experience we can't recommend Chez Marie enough.
Thanks so much Castro for such a great time. We look forward to our next stay in St. Lucia and at Chez Marie.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danzie00
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I just returned from St. Lucia and we stayed for a week at Chezmariealish Hotel in Gros Islet. We agree with all of the previous reviewers that
Louis (Castro) Bernardin and wife made all the difference. They are such warm, kind and extremely hospitable. We cannot say enough to show our appreciation for the service that they offered to us. The little bakery next door was convenient. They made very tasty patties. This hotel is in a great location if you want to experience St. Lucia the
"local" way. One can walk to the Friday night street party. Our host Mr. Bernardin kindly
took us there. If you love barbecued fish, ask for directions from Mr. Bernardin. He might even take you there like he did for us. All in all it was a very memorable vacation for us and we would love to go back and stay at Chezmariealish again.

linrabcanada

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank linrabCanada
mariealish, Owner at Hotel Chez Marie Alish, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

We the owners of hotel chez marie alish in St.Lucia, we are so excited and delighted when our clients are very happy with our services. It is our duty to make our clients happy and comfortable during their stay with us, There is an inner beauty with lies in us that we are able to show to our clients , our laughter and smiles are genuine to our clients.
Mr. Louis

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed here for 5 days and it was absolutely wonderful. The room has a real island feel to it and considering that I come from neighbouring Trinidad I couldn't ask for anything better. There were fresh local fruits in the room, it was squeaky clean and just really comfortable. There was a balcony which allowed me to look out and be wrapped by the soothing Caribbean breeze. The hotel is close to Rodney Bay, walking distance to the Gros Islet Beach and is ideal for taking public transportation to the capital Castries. Mr. Bernadin was a great host and so was his son. So if you are looking for the real St. Lucian experience and a cozy, comfortable home away from home then stay at the Chez Marie Alish.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank SweetestTrini
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed from April 5 thru April 12th, 2010 at the Chez Marie Alish Apartments. The accommodations were squeaky clean and felt very cozy and comfortable right away. The room is tastefully decorated and had all the necessities that I was looking for. Mr. Louis ( Castro) went above and beyond to answer all the questions I had before my arrival and was most helpful during my stay. I had a grand time, yes, there is the practice of the steel drum orchestra and enjoyed it sitting on the balcony sipping on a drink watching hummingbirds and little black and bright yellow birds right on the palmtree just a few yards away. I felt very safe with the way it is set up - downstairs door and roomdoor. I can highly recommend this place for those who want to experience the REAL St. Lucia without the hotel buffets that cater to the tourist with the food. I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
#4 of 15 in Gros Islet
Somewhere Special Guesthouse
Somewhere Special Guesthouse
#12 of 15 in Gros Islet

Been to Hotel Chez Marie Alish? Share your experiences!