“Can't wait to go back”

Elegance Cafe
Ranked #13 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegance Cafe, one of the restaurants in the north of the island, is an excellent dining option that merges authentic Indian cuisine with International healthy dining options. Our Indian menu features some of the most popular and unique home style dishes from all over India.Each dish is prepared and presented in a special way to give a distinct mouth-watering taste and flavors.The international Menu includes steam baskets, selection of grilled sandwiches with freshly baked breads,simple salads with local organic produce and home style desserts.The cafe also serves Italian cappuccino, latte, espresso using freshly ground Jamaican Blue Mountain coffeebeans, a variety of teas, fresh juices with no additives,and a fine selection of wines.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I are on the island once a year for the jazz festival. We used to like Indian cuisine but got tired of the repetitiveness of the Indian food in the States. This restaurant reminded us of how good Indian food can be. The place was spotless, service friendly and eager to please, and the food fresh and delicious. We look forward to our next dining experience there!

1  Thank Victor S
ephilip2013, Owner at Elegance Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you Victor for the great review. We can't wait to have you and your wife back!!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had wanted to try this restaurant for a while and finally went with four friends so we could taste a greater variety of dishes. The food was amazing, good portions and very tasty.

The only thing I would ask for would be "tasting platter" so one could try a variety of dishes on one's own.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten 3 times already at Elegance Café and I am a very picky foodie. It is definitely worth a visit. In fact, I am working my way through the menu whenever I visit because everything is so good. I tried the vegetarian sandwich (and I am a carnivore!) and literally ate the crumbs too. The food is light and healthy i.e. not greasy or fat laden, with authentic Indian flavours. Try the chocolate mousse. It is to die for. I LOVE the al fresco dining. The ambience is laid back and the owners are warm and easy going. I am happy to see that the owners plan to expand. I recommend it highly as a place for an easy, laid back meal.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Happened upon this restaurant by accident as we drove passed on the way to our villa each day so decided to pop in - result! By far one of best Indian meals we have ever tasted, and believe me we have eaten a few. Very few things on the menu where not appropriate for my coeliac diet which made the experience even more enjoyable. Lighter and fresher in taste than usual English versions but on the way less tasty. Will be back before leave the Island.

ephilip2013, Owner at Elegance Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your comments. Yes we pride ourselves in offering healthier menu options without comprising the quality or flavor of our dishes. Looking forward to seeing again before you leave St Lucia

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a gem of a café with excellent, tasty food and such a warm and welcoming staff. The owners always make it a point to say hello to each and every customer with smiles bright and warm as the sun. The atmosphere is cozy and the food is so delicious! My favourite dishes are the chicken biryani and the gulab jamoon and chocolate mousse desserts. The local juices are also refreshing and freshly made from REAL FRUIT! You also should try all the home made pickles that accompany your meal. The lime pickle and garlic pickles are my faves.
The dishes really are perfection without any pretensions and the prices are very affordable.

Thank you very much for your comments. All our pickles and chutneys are homemade and we are glad you enjoyed them.