“Service Sucked”

Jade Terrace
Ranked #52 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been eating here regularly for the year in which I have lived in St. Lucia. The food is decent as are the prices and the atmosphere, the service has been up and down as far as I am concerned.

Today however was the worst I have experienced yet. My 2 friends ad I sat there for over 20 minutes without being attended to. It was not particularly busy and I noticed both waitresses milling around during that time. When one of them finally sauntered over to us he did not apologise, she didn't even greet us, she just stood there waiting to take the order.

I addressed the fact that we had been waiting for so long and she rudely responded that we never indicated that we need service ( that is not how restaraunts operate, not even this one, usually they come and take our order quickly). She then sarcastically apologised while rolling her eyes and took my friend's orders claiming she was very busy (A LIE), when I said I wanted nothing she rolled her eyes again and just stalked off.

We left.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My wife and I have frequented many Chinese restaurants and so decided to eat at this restaurant because we fancied a Chinese meal. Firstly the food we had at this restaurant was fine and what we would have expected. However, the service was definitely the worst we have ever received anywhere in the world. On arriving at the front door there were two waitresses standing just inside. I asked for a table for two, and with an expressionless face one of them simply lifted her arm in the direction of some tables by the window. A few minutes later one of them came over and placed two menus on the table without saying a word. A short while later a waitress came over and asked if we were ready to order. We ordered beef in black bean sauce and chicken in black bean sauce, and a vegetable fried rice. We were told the portion of fried rice was not large enough for two and that we should order another one, but we said we would wait to see what the portion size was before ordering two. Every time a waitress brought something to the table we always said thank you, but there was never a response, just a cold expressionless glance. It turned out that there was more than enough fried rice. When we had finished our meal the table was cleared then the bill was brought to our table and simply put down on the table - no words, no smile, nothing. We placed the money on the bill and it was duly collected - no smile, no words, nothing. The change was brought back to our table and just put down on the table - no words, no smile, nothing. When we left the restaurant the waitress was stood by the door looking as if she just did not want to be there. No goodbyes, no thank you, no smiles, nothing. This restaurant does not deserve any custom, and they will certainly not get our custom again!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

No-nonsense restaurant in the Mall that serves reasonable food at a bargain price. We had sweet and sour pork, sweet and sour chicken and excellent stirred fried vegetables which included a good helping of broccoli. Rice is included and portions are large.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a very well prepared, great value Chinese meal here. The portions were generous and the food was tasty, I would definitely recommend it. We've eaten in a couple of the more highly rated restaurants in Rodney Bay which were much more expensive, and this was our favourite meal so far.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I ordered chicken fried rice. How simple is that? instead they gave us everything to make chicken fried rice. The chicken and cabbage was not mixed in with the rice. They gave us what looked like a chicken thigh cut into 1/3 and half a head of steamed cabbage. We did not know what to make of this foolish. I did give it the benefit of a doubt until we tasted it......One word TERRIBLE!