“St. Lucia + Sunwest Villas = Great Experience”

Review of Coyaba

Combined Coyaba Bedroom Suite  3
Vanishing Edge Pool
Guests enjoying the Sulphur Spring Mud Baths
Coyaba Guests enjoying the Mudbaths
Guests at the Secret Beach...
La'Tille Waterfalss
Coyaba Guests at Dennery Rainforest Zipine Adventure
Coyaba Guests at Dennery Rainforest Ziplining Adventure
See the Breathtaking Pitons by sea or land
Tropical Gardens
Amazing Sunsets
Hike nearby Pigeon Island Historical Park
Enjoy Reduit Beach
Somewhere over the Rainbow, dreams really do come true
Rainforest Gondola Ride...Spectacular
Rainforest Fern trees
Rainforest Ferns
Beautiful Reduit Beach
A Spa day at Oasis...Massage anyone?
Waterfalls
The end of another day in paradise....
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
sunlife20...
Winnipeg, Canada
“St. Lucia + Sunwest Villas = Great Experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

SunWest Villas is a lovely property within walking distance of the marina, the view from the Villa is beautiful. The Coyoba Unit is perfect for 2 friends, couple with children, as the two bedrooms are spacious. The unit is very comfortable, and has everything you will need. We spent two weeks at the Villa, our only suggestion is to have a few more chairs and a few chaise loungers on the deck outside the unit. We did not rent a car, if you like to explore at your leasure it is advisable. Several reviews include comments about Greg Skinner the owner, they are all true, he provides a wonderful transportation service to anywhere you want to go in the Rodney Bay area. Greg's island information regarding places to eat and sites to see was spot on, Juan Du Bois at Pigeon Island and Marie's on the beach (rum punch with a real PUNCH) to name but a few. Our island tour with Greg went to places that the mainstream tours never go to. We cannot thank Greg enough for showing us this beautiful island. Will surely return to Sunwest Villas in the future.
Excellent value.
Laura & Elaine
Winnipeg, Canada

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The service received by the owner during the booking phase, and while we stayed in the villa
Liked least: Nothing in particular.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Reviewed June 1, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Traveling group: Teenagers
Shanta196...
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing location, great views but person renting needs to be more hospitable”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

St Lucia is an exceptionally beautiful island with lovely people. Sunwest Villas was amazing with its great view of the marina. The apartment was spacious, clean and homely. Greg has great knowledge of the Island and we did the tours of the west and east of the Island with him. He is charming and has a great sense of humour and he made my parents who do not speak fluent English very welcome. However there was a side to him that I couldn't figure out. At times (in particular after 4.00pm) he had a tendency to be quite abrupt and fairly rude) in particular where there has been a misunderstanding on a very simple matter. His approach was certainly not warranted in the situations that arose, That was the only part that spoilt my lovely holiday and II felt afraid to speak to him at times. In hindsight I wished that I has stayed in Blue Skies villas rented out by Simon and Francine.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Jun 2, 2014
I thank you for your review and appreciate your feedback. Yes, St. Lucia is a beautiful island as are it's people. I am however, puzzled and bewildered by your comments as to my nature, as it appeared to me that you and your parents were having a wonderful time. I laughed on many occasions when your mom called me her son. It still puts a smile on my face.
I regret that you had not shared your feelings with me, as I always encourage open dialogue with my guests (as you know) to ensure that they have a great vacation. I pride myself in being there for my guests, as reflected in all the reviews that I have received. I love St. Lucia with a passion and feel privileged to share her with all of my guests. Sincerely, Greg Skinner
John P
“Great Stay, recommended”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Sunwest villas was well located just a short walk up the hill from Rodney bay marina. Greg was the consummate host giving us a local shuttle service between 9am-5pm, and provided us with a cell phone which was very useful. He provided an orientation around the local area giving us a great idea of things to do and recommendations of beaches and restaurants. The views from the apartment were stunning, and the pool was great and virtually private as there were only 2 other guests at the time we stayed. Overall our stay was great and the villa was exactly as pictured.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Greg's personal service and hospitality
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Vei J
“St Lucia: St Paradise.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Greg and his wife were amazing.

Myself and my best friend have never been to St Lucia before but felt comfortable from the very first phone conversation. Greg was outstanding in terms of communication and was always on hand to give me information before I even booked this accommodation. I knew this would be a great location and was great value for money. From day 1 until we departed he never failed to ensure we had an amazing trip. We had a tour of the island and we had such amazing memories of the paradise we were in. The apartment was fully equipped with everything we needed and had English plug sockets as well as US which was a bonus so we did not have to use our adapters. The apartment had fans and air conditioning (although we hardly used the air conditioning). If you are travelling to St Lucia you have to stay here. Its close to amenities and the beach, food and activities should you wish embark on such adventures. Great Views, lovely pool area and our own sunroof terrace what more could you ask for??

We definitely want to return to St Lucia and if we do we have to come back to stay with Greg. He made our trip that extra bit special.

Many Thanks

Liked best: The View
Liked least: I didn't stay long enough lol
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Ontario Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Sherwood park
Reviewed November 24, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing