“Diverse menu, many options”
Review of Tapas On The Bay

Tapas On The Bay
Ranked #14 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With its Spanish-inspired decor and menu of 'little dishes from around the world', Tapas On The Bay is tucked into a breezy corner of Rodney Bay marina lagoon, where a steady breeze blows across the calm waters and cools its spacious covered deck. The long, Soufriere stone clad bar is perfect for enjoying a quick lunch or dinner, and the secluded location makes Tapas On The Bay a great place to relax and chill out. Taking traditional tapas as a base, Chef Rosie incorporates Caribbean and international influences, creating innovative new bite-sized dishes with local ingredients and flavours, serving them on sharing platters for a very social eating experience. There are also plenty of delicious entrees and yummy desserts to round out the menu. Throw in some excellent wines, three different types of sangria and boozy cocktails by the jug, and Tapas On The Bay could be your next favourite dining spot in Saint Lucia.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We selected the mahi fish sticks, chef's octopus salad, and duck flat bread, plus Piton beer & lemon drop martini. Service was friendly and relaxed. Food was tasty and delivered with a lovely presentation. The resident kitty with the pink vest is a real charmer!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Every March we make reservations at Big Chef. The owner, Rosie comes around to each table to check to see how are meals are. She made mention that she also has the Tapas place next door. We went there on a Thursday night and had a great meal. We easily could have gotten away with an order of bruschetta and a flat bread appetizer! The flat bread was huge! My husband and I shared 6 tapas items, the others in the party had two entrees. Good food and good service.

1  Thank Lora M
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful place! Beautiful scenery and the service was amazing!!! Great experience! Don't let the storefront steer you away!!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived after several nice meals on St lucia! based on the reviews we were expecting better. The restaurant was empty besides one family at 7:30 mid week, that should have been the tip off.
We started with two tapas, the spinach with pine nuts and the beef, came with olives but no peppers that were stated on the menu.
Not off to a great start, and then greeted by a family of cats, not what I want while I'm paying for my dinner.
I order the roasted chicken, not bad but the salad and bread came out right after the main course.
My husband's pasta was awful, it was linguini with king crab and prawns.
It was dry , over coked, no sauce to prove taste or moisture.
He asked for some chees to provide some flavor, that came and then we noticed there was no crab on the dish,
When we pointed that out they did said they were out, why didn't say that before?
When we got the bill I had expected a discount of some kind for the meal they didn't deliver, no such offer made. My husband didn't want to complain and I spoke with the main waiter on the way out. Again nothing offered. So here is my way of letting everyone know what an awful place this is and I hope you lose more than one diner for your terrible service and food.
Our cab driver brought us to a different restaurant the other day when we wanted to go here........maybe the locals know better

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Service was excellent and friendly. Fabulous location right on the waterfront overlooking the Rodney Bay Marina. We ate on a Saturday night and were surprised that it was only half full. Very good tapas, good choice of wines by the glass. Only downside was that they were out of olives and hummus which surprised me. We had a meal deal which included 6 tapas to share between 2 plus breads etc. However upon scrutinising the prices of the individual items we hardly saved anything at all, so do check the individual prices before opting for one of their deals. We would visit again but probably for breakfast or lunch rather than dinner.

BigChefSteakHouse, Owner at Tapas On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thanks for taking time to post your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your tapas selection. Our apologies for the off menu items - sometimes we have difficulty with supplies to the island, and we hope this did not spoil the occasion. Tapas on the Bay becomes Lil Chef during the day, so we look forward to welcoming you for breakfast, brunch or lunch on the deck in future. Rosie & Marc Joinville