The Ginger Lily Hotel
$274
  • Breakfast included
$559
Orbitz.com
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
$186
$178
$314
$305
Hotels.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$126
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$103
$95
Travelocity
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$101
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall hotelreduit beachyogurtcontinental breakfastrodney bayexecutive suitenight guardhammock on the balconyprivate oasisst luciaa small kitchen areaintimate placeshort walkthe cleaning ladyrestaurants in walking distancerooms are largecoffee maker
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife (English) and I (French) enjoyed our stay at Ginger Lily. We were looking for a cheap place in a nice location in Rodney Bay, not far from the beach, and we found it. The rooms are clean and tidy, and the hotel was very quiet, with a very private atmosphere. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We enjoyed the Ginger Lily. They were very accommodating as we had my elderly mother with us and had special needs. We stayed in the kitchenette which worked well for us. I loved the gardens and the pool. A lovely place to relax. It is close to the beach and to restaurants as well as the mall for shopping. We would go back!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for six nights after spending 5 nights in another area of the island. I can't rave about this hotel enough. We arrived 3 hours before check in and our room was ready and we were allowed to check in.
The rooms are HUGE and the bathrooms are bigger than my current apartment lol. Plenty of clean towels, a strong free internet connection, and the added benefit of a hairdryer and complimentary shampoo, shower gel and body lotion - perfect when you don't want to carry all those bottles. They also have books at Reception if you want to read something.
This hotel only has 11 rooms which is what I loved about it the most. It felt private. We never ate breakfast at the hotel as Spinnakers on the Beach is a two minute walk. We did get drinks from the bar a couple of times, and one night they had no coke, no vodka, no orange juice! This was a bit weird I thought, but it certainly didn't put me off my stay. The pool was gorgeous and we often had it to ourselves. Staff were pleasant and helpful - but SMILE GIRLS!
I would 100% stay here again. Its so close to everything and the rooms are of a very high quality.
Thank you Ginger Lily from Hilary and Adrian

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank islandgoldilocks
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at The Ginger Lily. The location is central but unlike the webpage suggests, it is not actually a "beachfront property" - it is inland so you have to cross the street and walk past a police station to get to the beach. The rooms are big and sufficiently clean. There is a cat on premise, which at first I thought was a nuisance, but after exploring Rodney Bay at night, I understand why the cat is necessary... our taxi driver said it best, "There are 3 mice to every St. Lucian in Rodney Bay." Hooray for The Ginger Lily cat! Staff is friendly but unfortunately can't be bothered with requests (fresh towels, sheets, etc). You will see some critters (insects, frogs, etc) but you are in a motel on an island, so this should be expected. In summary, I'm pretty sure The Ginger Lily was once a beautiful flower however has now unfortunately wilted. It is ideal for the elderly, travelers on a tight budget, or vacationers who simply prefer quaint motels; not ideal for romance or a luxurious getaway. Try the Rex or Bay Gardens right across the street - a little bit more expensive but well worth the upgrade. Your significant other will thank you later!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FashionFirst05
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on our annual trip and I have to tell you the hotel was wonderful. This hotel is located right across the street from the police station and just past that is the beautiful Reduit beach where you can watch all of the yachts come in. When we arrived at the hotel we realized that we had left our power converter at the previous hotel. The staff was happy to let us use one of their "transformers" and had it delivered to the room. We never ate at the hotel but they did have a small kitchen and bar. The reason that we never ate at the hotel??? Gros Islet has more restaurants than you can count!! But the best part about the Ginger Lily is that there is an excellent beachside restaurant and bar right across the street where the food is awesome and the drinks are even bertter!

The only nedative to this stay was that the hotel pool closed at 10:00pm... but the ocean is less than 100 yards away so....

Room Tip: St. Lucia has awesome wildlife... as such, get a second floor room!
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple