“Worst trip of my Life”
Review of Gateway Villas

Gateway Villas
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I was one the family members along with my teenage daughter who stayed at the Gateway Villa Maja MC#5. When we arrived at the Villa, we were greeted by the CLEANING LADY who told us the alarm DID NOT WORK. The next day we were ROBBED. Before we left the villa that night, we made sure all the doors were locked. After management arrived, we were informed that the alarm did work and was given a remote that operated the gate outside. 1 - Why were we greeted by the cleaning lady who was no where to be found when the police and her employer tried to contract her. 2 - Why didn't they give us the remote to the gate when we arrived. The next day the other Villa owned by Gateway around the corner from us that our family was staying in was ROBBED. My nephew walked in on a man wearing a mask. They had their alarm set and gate locked. IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB.

1  Thank etine4
GatewayVillas, General Manager at Gateway Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Dear Etine4,
We can assure you that this incident has really brought ALOT to light. Again, we are apologizing immensely about the incident. As we've stated before in our letter to one of your family members, 'sadly, nothing we do can reverse this'. There are a few incorrect details in your review, but nonetheless alot of drastic measures have been implemented. The employee you are referring to was at the hospital at the time and proved difficult to reach. That does not mean that she should be held liable for the incident. The alarm company indicated that their system proved the alarm was not set. When an alarm is set and unset by anyone, this detail information is recorded at the alarm company. To eliminate uncertainty in this area, the alarm company now calls our guests directly after a certain time to ensure that the appropriate procedure is followed. More than careful instructions are demonstrated on making sure windows and doors are locked properly.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I was one of the victims robbed in St. Lucia. The manager wrote "the doors and windows were left unlocked". She goes on to say, "the family just wanted to relocate to another hotel". The implication is that noting happened, the family just wanted to relocate and if something did happened, it was the families fault because the doors and windows were left unlocked. Thank you for that professional assessment. If I was reading reviews on this business to determine if I was going to stay with them, let me tell you I would not think twice about this Villa. Do you really think it's "OK" to be robbed because the doors and windows were unlocked? How do you know the doors and windows were unlocked? These are just a few questions I would be asking as I read the Managers response to the many post on this matter.

1  Thank hurtinstlucia
GatewayVillas, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2010

Hello,
Alot of anger has been expressed. And once again we wish we can turn back the time on this incident. What has come to light is the fact that the beachfront three bedroom with pool is no longer on our management portfolio since we believe after your incident, this property was in too much of a remote location. We thank you for enabling us to restructure our portfolio of properties to better serve our guests.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

I had a horrible experience at this villa and the other villa my family stayed in. Besides the fact that both of our villas was robbed in back to back days but there was numerous things not working most importantly the alarm, air, telephones. Eventhough we had a 6' high gate in front of the house the staff could still walk from the yard next door right into our villa. The manager and staff wasnt much help and the director of the premises wasnt nowhere to be found thru this whole 2 day diaster. I will never i repeat never recommend staying at any of there properties

1  Thank secondtonone24
GatewayVillas, Owner at Gateway Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2010

We have NEVER had any incidences such as these. The family is also taking the opportunity to exaggerate on this situation. The properties are of 5 star finish quality and every facility was working. Not telling the truth tells people the kind of character people are. Though we may not be entirely capable of controlling such incidences, we need to add here that windows and doors were left open while the guests were out!!! The alarm was working but was never set by the family. Our staff offered great empathy and comfort to the guests well into the wee hours of the morning. We have had guests in those villas since and have not had any incidences. We feel the guests wanted to transfer their holiday to another resort and were not sure how to go about doing this without losing their deposits. They were rewarded nonetheless, we value our reputation. In as much as we aim to set a high standard of service, this incident was well beyond our control, but was handled skillfully by management. At the same time, if we lived in a safe world, hotel rooms and accommodations would be door less and window less.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

This place is the spot to be at.The room was very clean and the staff were very courteous and helpful.Visited st.lucia for the carnival which was great.The people on the island are very friendly.Furthermore this place is just mins away from the beach,clubs and hot spots in the country. Will come back next year for sure.Great job guys!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The Caribbean is just great - GATEWAY VILLAS have always looked after me and the family brilliantly, I love the random roads that sometimes have the odd pothole and the fact that the locals are friendly - quite frankly a breath of fresh air compared to the fast paced city life. Gateway surpassed all my expectations and the staff are always ready to help, making the holiday relaxed and stress free.

St. Lucia is second to none for the environment, it really is simply beautiful and I would recommend staying at Gateway as you get to experience the REAL St. Lucian life, away from the main drag and hustle and bustle. Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My wife and i stayed at Gateway villas and we had a great time. Staff members we very helpful and made our stay very pleasant.
They were very specific about being safe in a foreign country and gave great tips on great party spots.

All in all our stay was one to remember and we will recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed at one of the smaller villas at Gatepark, from my pick up at the airport to my check out was the best . Johnson the taxi driver was more than helpful on our way down, i had to double check that he was not a tour guide and a taxi driver. I got in a bit late and was greeted by Cheli who was more than nice. Anytime i needed something i called the office and the staff were very helpful . I would definitely recommend Gateway Villas to my friends and spread the word around.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple