“Nice Little Place”

Bay Gardens Inn
Ranked #1 of 16 Gros Islet B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 21, 2006

I just spent three nights at Bay Garden Inn for a meeting. The staff is extremely friendly, the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are spacious and immaculately clean. Most of the balconies overlook the pool which was great for swimming laps. There is also a little Day Spa where I had a pedicure and message. The prices were good and the therapists were pleasant and quite good. BGI is a small, affordable and comfortable property. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank barl16

A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2006

There is a special charm about Bay Gardens Inn that made my Wedding perfect. I had a few doubts at first when I found it on the internet but those doubts were quickly swept away by the golden treatment I received from the staff upon my arrival. It was simply superb. There was a nice cozy flow to how everything unfolded that just left my guests and me in awe of the wonderful work of the Bay Gardens Inn staff.

Ms. Patrick the super-energized and warm Manager took care of my husband and I very well. It was simply amazing because all of the staff made us feel very comfortable at every turn it is unforgettable. The rooms were well arranged, kept spotlessly clean, decorated and wonderfully maintained for us.

All the stress I had anticipated having just continued to melt away the longer we stayed. It was simply memorable the way they worked hard just to make it happen for us. The way they paid attention to detail and allowed us the time and space to enjoy the event will be something I will never forget.

Our one week stay which included our Wedding and Honey Moon on the 27th May, 2006 was really like a dream - I mean from the pick-up at the airport, to the warm encouragement from everystaff, the beautiful decorations, timing, garden decor and the arrangements for the wedding. Everything just fell right into place. Oh the food, it was simply sumptuous. During the speeches some of our relatives spoke about how the ambience of the intimate Bay Gardens setting and the staff made them feel specially catered to.

I am so happy that I chose Bay Gardens Inn and I encourage anyone of you looking for a great place to wed to head directly to Bay Gardens Inn I must stress again -IT IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO STAY-. You will be overwhelmed by their hospitality and expertise. Ms. Patrick is like a diamond on what is already a golden crown. I wish to offer my heartfelt thanks once again to Ms. Patrick and her staff for giving us an unforgettable wedding experience.I am looking forward to a return vocation in the near future.

Even a handful of sunshine wouldn't be enough to thank the Management and Staff of Bay Gardens Inn

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Southampton, England
Reviewed February 8, 2006

We were delighted with our choice of the Bay Gardens Inn for our 1-week holiday in St Lucia. It exactly matched our requirements for a small, quiet, locally owned and run hotel. The manager was a friendly presence every day, and the staff very helpful yet not overbearing. The garden in the courtyard with its small pool was a delightful place to relax and meet other guests. It seemed a good sign that it is patronised by Caribbean people as well as tourists from far away. It is next door to a local mall with a supermarket, close to tourist shops and bars and the beach is 10 minutes walk away. The food was a little limited for us as vegetarians but when a conference party stayed we were treated to an excellent buffet dinner. We would recommend the place - much better than one of those gigantic multinational concerns which hardly benefit the local economy

• Stayed: January 2006
20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2005

We stayed at the Bay Gardens Inn in the last week of November 2005. The hotel was perfect; rooms, balcony and bathrooms are a good size and very clean. The pool, although small is quiet and the surrounding gardens pretty. All staff are the most helpful and friendly I have ever come across and really made us feel at home.

Situated towards the end of the main strip of Rodney Bay, the beach is a 15 minute walk and all the bars and restaurants are within a 5-10 minute walk. There are plenty to choose from and the quality of the food in all restaurants we visited was fantastic.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a room only option rather than an all inclusive.

• Stayed: November 2005
17  Thank joegood
Reviewed October 2, 2005

As a regular world traveller staying in a wide and varied selection of accommodation, from hotels, to apartments, and this year even a cave hotel for the first time! I had to write about the Bay Gardens INN in St Lucia.

I stayed at the Bay Gardens INN in September 2005 (room 150) and it is just first class in every way.
The hotel is small, (if you like hotels with hundreds of impersonal rooms, lots of people and noise this is not for you) however if you want to relax, chill out, and enjoy a personal service I can recommend this hotel.

From walking into reception, you are greeted like a friend, nothing seems too much trouble, the staff and manager are polite, attentive, and efficient and in one word fantastic.
I have seen so many receptions that it is hard to even get noticed, let alone be looked after, and it makes such a refreshing change to see how professionals do it. You are a person not a room number, and that counts for a great deal when I stay in hotels. They have got it just right.

The rooms are first class, clean, comfortable, air conditioned, well maintained with everything from a fridge, kettle and iron to plenty of hot water and shower gel. So many hotels I visit you have to ask for more hangers, more towels, an ironing board, we have all been there, but this place has it all waiting for you, with complete info on the services, maps, menus etc
The pool and gardens are so well maintained and mature, all you need to do is relax.
It is hard to sum up how highly I can recommend this hotel, I am so used to writing poor reviews, where the management clearly do not care, it is so pleasing to praise a hotel, but it is so good that words fail me, all I can say is if you get to St Lucia you must stay at the Bay gardens inn, it is the place to stay and a perfect base to enjoy the many places to visit and enjoy on the island.

• Stayed: September 2005
18  Thank alaninmanchester
Reviewed September 28, 2005

We stayed at the Bay Gardens Inn for 2 weeks and it was a lovely hotel. We booked with Virgin Holidays and benefited from B&B for the price of room only. The hotel is in an ideal location for bars, restaurants and shops. You literally want for nothing. The pool is small, but is very quiet and a really relaxing place to chill. You also have the option of using the pool at the Bay Gardens Hotel, the big sister hotel next door. We stayed in a Deluxe Room which was very spacious and was spotlessly cleaned daily, with fresh linen and towels provided. This was our first Non - All Inclusive stay in the Caribbean and it was really great value for money. We will be recommending this hotel to all our friends and relatives to be the place to stay. We will without a doubt return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank j0france
Reviewed June 25, 2005

There was 8 people travelling to this hotel and we loved very minute of it. The pool was lovely and clean very day. The pool area was very quiet. There was 2 familys from England and they had kids who was very quiet. The staff was very friendly to all the guest in the hotel. We will be back in 2007 for the Cricket World Cup!!!!
There was just a 20 mins walk to the beach our you can get a lift from the hotel beach shuttle which is free. There is lots of restaurants within 2 mins walk. You can use the sister hotel which some of use went into. We will be back soon Bay Gardens.

• Stayed: February 2005
#6 of 14 in Gros Islet
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#4 of 14 in Gros Islet

Been to Bay Gardens Inn? Share your experiences!