“Great location. good service, great food!!!”

Blue Olive Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #19 of 86 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Only Mediterranean Cuisine on Island with a Creole Touch. The Best Selection of Seafood, Meat and Authentic Fresh Pasta.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We arrived on a very stormy night, without having a reservation. The hostess was kind enough to seat us, and promptly took our drink order. Questions about the menu were answered which demonstrated very good product knowledge, and caring that each person received exactly what they wanted. Atmosphere is superb, contributing to an overall very satisfying experience.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

The food was ok, but not the best we've been served in Rodney Bay. Rather slow service. First time ever served Irish Coffee (for dessert) containing a cherry.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The deception starts with the website: http://blueolivestlucia.com/, because the restaurant is run down and dirty compared to the airbrushed online photos. I made a reservation online, and confirmed by phone, which guaranteed... that they had never heard of me when I arrived. We were seated in a malodorous indoor room, served stale bread, and handed print-stained plastic menus.

Then, the red ants began biting our ankles, run out of the kitchen by the construction that must have been going on when we arrived based on the deafening noise of hammers. We beat a hasty exit, canceling our order, and running for the safety of our hotel's food. Unfortunately, we had a souvenir of our near meal: welts on our ankles from the ants.

1  Thank Adam W
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We eat here this evening, the second time during our holiday and had a very enjoyable meal. Particularly good was the Coquille St Jacques, the Fillet Mignon and the Creme Brûlée. We have eaten out at many restaurants and this was the only one that didn't charge extra for sides, racking up the cost, gave us delicious bread and more than we needed and also didn't charge for service which was excellent. The staff really went that extra mile, and nice to see the owner visible at front of house. Definitely gets our vote for the best restaurant on this years visit to St Lucia. See you next year!

1  Thank essexdevongirl
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times. I enjoy the red snapper meal most. Oh my, this meal is so delicious I just can't stop having the same main course. The service can be improved as the waitress who served our table the last time I visited kept on talking on her phone in our presence. However, I would recommend this place for the delicious meals.