“Great Fish and Food! Wonderful service”

Blue Olive Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Only Mediterranean Cuisine on Island with a Creole Touch. The Best Selection of Seafood, Meat and Authentic Fresh Pasta.
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Fish and Food! Wonderful service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My new husband and I were referred to Chef Xavier from our resort and were not disappointed. We started with the crab back appetizer and the seafood gratin appetizer - both delicious. For our entree we tried two fish - Snapper and Barracuda. I was a bit concerned that we wouldn't like the Barracuda but we loved it - very similar to snapper actually. We also really loved both the Creole and Garlic sauces. For desert with had the Coco flan which was also a treat. Definitely recommend!

1 Thank cdoukeris

St. Lucia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Cocktail Experience Ever”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent customer service and I must say they have the best cocktails around. The bartender surely knows how to improvise and bring out the best tasting cocktails. The other employees make you feel right at home creating a very refreshing and welcoming atmosphere. Hats of to them they are the best. I will definitely return.

Loyal customer

1 Thank Shyshar J
Martinique
“Lovely fish and great wine list”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Chef Xavier's latest venture at the Baywalk Mall is really impressive. I went twice, for lunch and dinner. A little surprised to see so few people at midday. However, the food and the service were great. But dinner was even better. Enjoyed a really first class bottle of red wine and chef prepared a lightly grilled fresh tuna (mi-cuit) that was truly first class. Ask what fish is the freshest on the menu and they will cook it to order. Really had a good time. And we were really well looked after.

• Visited July 2012
England, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My cousins and I ate lunch today at this gem of a restaurant, from the moment we entered the service was impeccable. I has a glass of Gauva Juice one of the best i've tasted! then I ordered Dorado with pilau rice, vegetables and salad the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant in Rodney Bay.

United Kingdom
“Too many mistakes”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I took my wife here for a meal during our holiday. The restaurant is set above the shopping mall in Rodney bay. This did not affect the experience. The restaurant was about 20% full.

The starter was excellent, I had crab whilst my wife had scallops. Unfortunately, the experience deteriorated after the starter course. We both ordered steaks, I ordered surf and turf medium rare whilst my wife ordered (filet mignon) medium. Unfortunately when our meals arrived, the steaks were not cooked correctly. It appeared that I had a medium to medium-well cooked steak whilst my wife had medium-rare. No apology was given, my wife's plate was taken away and they cooked the steak a little longer. I accepted my steak as it was but I ended up eating alone.

I was disappointed that an apology was not offered for the mistake.

My wife also ordered a cocktail which had an item in which was not listed in the menu i.e. banana. She was unable to drink it as it was too sweet.

The starter course was possibly the best I had eaten on the island, unfortunately the rest of the experience did not make an enjoyable night.