“The Best Cocktail Experience Ever”

Blue Olive Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Only Mediterranean Cuisine on Island with a Creole Touch. The Best Selection of Seafood, Meat and Authentic Fresh Pasta.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent customer service and I must say they have the best cocktails around. The bartender surely knows how to improvise and bring out the best tasting cocktails. The other employees make you feel right at home creating a very refreshing and welcoming atmosphere. Hats of to them they are the best. I will definitely return.

Loyal customer

1  Thank Shyshar J

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Chef Xavier's latest venture at the Baywalk Mall is really impressive. I went twice, for lunch and dinner. A little surprised to see so few people at midday. However, the food and the service were great. But dinner was even better. Enjoyed a really first class bottle of red wine and chef prepared a lightly grilled fresh tuna (mi-cuit) that was truly first class. Ask what fish is the freshest on the menu and they will cook it to order. Really had a good time. And we were really well looked after.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My cousins and I ate lunch today at this gem of a restaurant, from the moment we entered the service was impeccable. I has a glass of Gauva Juice one of the best i've tasted! then I ordered Dorado with pilau rice, vegetables and salad the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant in Rodney Bay.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I took my wife here for a meal during our holiday. The restaurant is set above the shopping mall in Rodney bay. This did not affect the experience. The restaurant was about 20% full.

The starter was excellent, I had crab whilst my wife had scallops. Unfortunately, the experience deteriorated after the starter course. We both ordered steaks, I ordered surf and turf medium rare whilst my wife ordered (filet mignon) medium. Unfortunately when our meals arrived, the steaks were not cooked correctly. It appeared that I had a medium to medium-well cooked steak whilst my wife had medium-rare. No apology was given, my wife's plate was taken away and they cooked the steak a little longer. I accepted my steak as it was but I ended up eating alone.

I was disappointed that an apology was not offered for the mistake.

My wife also ordered a cocktail which had an item in which was not listed in the menu i.e. banana. She was unable to drink it as it was too sweet.

The starter course was possibly the best I had eaten on the island, unfortunately the rest of the experience did not make an enjoyable night.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family and I had a lovely meal here. It was very quiet though. The waitress was very helpful and the food was presented well.