“Fidel and his healthy horses were the best I have been on!!!!!”

Holiday Riding Stable
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on a Royal Caribbean cruise and they cancelled the horseback ride and ocean bareback for some reason. We found Fidel Da Breo on our own. I loved him.. He was personable and the horses we rode, Stone was only 5 and Thorn, 10, which is YOUNG for horses, because I believe they live to be over 45 oftentimes.

This was one of many, many rides I have taken. I can say this was truly the high light of a fabulous trip overall.. We both loved it. Our trip was about 2 hours with Fidel as our guide. We went on some rough tourain and then to the ocean. We got some super tips on riding better and then when we reached the destination we changed to the bareback horses and they took us in the ocean and swam! It was amazing. Hard to hold on but we managed. He keeps his horses very healthy and cares for them. He has been doing this for many years , if not most of his life. His horses seem happy, healthy and loved. I think he sometimes breaks the horses himself and shoes them as well. It takes a whole year to get a horse to be as gentle as his are. I can rave about this place. If I lived there I would be tempted to ride weekly. Hooray for Holiday Riding Stables. We were so pleased! THANK YOU FIDEL!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank mikzan1

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were picked up by Fidel at Rodney Bay and road with Kennedy down to the beach. They're both very genuine and personable. The horses are among the healthier looking ones on the island and extremely docile. My 13 and 15 year old daughters were perfectly comfortable cantering on the beach and riding bareback in the water, even though we've had limited riding experience. Chalk it up to good horses!

2  Thank Barboy07079
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fidel was great. Took the ride up the hill to see the atlantic side with wife and 3 daughters. We were blown away. We did alot of amazing things as we like adventure on the island but everyone agreed this was the highlight. Teechaa (Fidel) was great with my 13,15,17 y/o daughters who have only riden a horse about 3 times before this trip. Better than sulphur springs, reduit beach, pigeon island look out Cap Maison and even seeing the Pitons. That pretty much says it all.

1  Thank ColeA217
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Andrea at the Cas en Bas beach (near Cotton Bay Village) had called them to arrange the horses. She is very nice and helped us negotiate a good price, $25 US each for a short ride along the beach and then into the water (I had expected about twenty minutes or so). Fidel brought three horses from the stables (about 40 minutes) and we had a short ride on the beach and then he took of the saddles and we rode them into the ocean, under his directions, shouted from the beach. The horses I thought we nice, of course their backbone is a bit uncomfortable bareback, but that is to be expected. I would wear shorts rather than bikini. The trouble came at the end of the ride when Fidel demanded twice the agreed upon price, $50 US per person, and even threatened to send his boss after us if we didn't pay. I did give him $30 per person, which from talking to other stables is the going rate for a short ride and then into the ocean, but refused to go higher. The entire ride was about one half hour. The shakedown at the end was unpleasant. By no means a professional operation.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had 3 riders and two that wanted to take pictures at the beach. Fidel and Douglas picked us up at the resort and we watched the riders get ready. Some of the equipment was a little tired but newer looking helmets were a must... Douglas wanted to provide a safe and fun experience! Once they rode off, with Douglas as their guide, Fidel drove us two photographers to the beach. We got some great pictures and my daughter, a rider, enjoyed a canter on the beach and a swim on a horse! We purchased a rum punch while listening to Larry p sing some great tunes! We were very glad we saw the Atlantic coast and all loved this outing, both the horse riders and the car riders! We would do this again! The number for the stable is 714-7433