“I feel so bad for these horses!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Trim's National Riding Academy
mississippi
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“I feel so bad for these horses!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place needs to be shut down!! First of all, we were not picked up from our resort on time for our tour, and we paid for a private tour because we got married in St. Luica and we wanted to enjoy a romantic horseback ride in the water as a newly mairred couple. Yeah, so when we did arrive, we were thrown with a bunch of people to ride on these poor mal-nourished horses. I wish I remembered the ladies name who was just so rude and inconsiderate!! I complained to her, and we told her we paid extra for a private tour, and she just basically screamed at us, made us wait for 30 more minutes before she got a guide to bring us on our so called "private" tour... which was just a couple feet ahead of all the other people. This was the most horrible excursion I have ever been on, and I will never go back!! I also saw our guy kick my husband's horse so hard while he was tied to a tree. Also, these horses are aggitated. My husband's horse kept bucking the entire time he was on the horse. Thank goodness, he wasn't scared like me. I hope someone gets involved and saves these poor horses.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank paradiselover82

Pekin, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Horse back riding in the Ocean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We did not have an excursion set ahead of time with Trims. When we docked we asked the Taxi driver for the best LOCAL location for horse back riding that would allow us to ride in the ocean. He took us to Trims. We were the only ones there. They had to find a guide. The cost was a little high but my daughter really wanted to go. The part I did NOT like was the RENTING of the towels we had to have to be able to ride in the ocean. The trip to the beach was normal for the area, some garbage but not horrible. The beach was a different story though - it was covered in sea weed, literally 2 feet deep by 20 feet wide. Someone had 2 end loaders trying to scoop it up and pile up on the back side of the beach. This was never told to us before we left the stables, in fact Trim himself claimed it would be cleaner on the Atlantic ocean side because there would be less trash! The horses were trained to go nose to butt of the other horse, even though we have had riding experience before and told this to Trim. Over all it was worth it - my daughter will be able to tell all her friends she road a horse bare back in the Atlantic Ocean. P.S. don't be suckered in the small gift shop they have set up on the beach, there are better gifts at the dock.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dale L
Irmo, South Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Horse Riding on the Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was one of our favorite adventures on the island. It was a nice ride to the beach. Once there, our guide, Dennis, removed the saddles from the horses. We mounted the horses bareback, and he guided us into the Atlantic. We rode the horses while others kite surfed around us. Fun!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MinterSC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great morning adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We booked a 2 hour beach ride and had a good time. Our guide Dennis was super friendly and had our three year old ride with him. She felt so safe she fell asleep on the way back to the stable! The horses were a little skinny, but all of the animals on the island are! We enjoyed seeing more of the island, and relaxing on the beach while everyone got a chance to ride in the ocean.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Leanne M
aut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice ride, too expensive (in my case)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Nice ride to a really nice beach, cool horses, nice guide, unfortunately I left my bag at the stable (locked room) and somehow €100 disappeard out of my wallet ;( that made a bad memory

Visited March 2014