“Disappointed”

Trios Caribbean Fusion Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had high hopes for this restaurant due to the menu being very appealing, but it did not live up to the hype. I had the snapper with three different sauces, bad choice I should have chosen the jerk chicken.

1  Thank JamaicaPalm

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Wow.... We came here thinking it was going to be one of the best meals during our honeymoon stay. And it ended up being the biggest let down. Our stay at Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa included a free 4 course meal for 2. I'll start off with saying that the atmosphere at Trios was beautiful. Couldn't ask for more. If you are looking for a restaurant with a great scenic view, this is the place to go. We reserved our dinner on Saturday night which included live music. It was nice and romantic. Service was great but at times it felt like they were smothering us. It was just a bit too much. When it comes to the dishes, it was a disaster. Trios emphasizes mainly on the aesthetics of the dishes rather than the overall taste. While aesthetics is good to have, taste is more important. For starters, my husband ordered caeser salad with chicken and I had the nut crusted ahi tuna. Well, let me just say that when we received our dishes, it looked amazing. After the first bite, we were so disappointed. We couldn't even remember what we ordered on the menu, due to the bad taste! Afterwards, our server served us a strawberry sorbet to cleanse our palette. When the entrees came, everything looked fabulous as expected. Hoping that the entrees would redeem our disappointment. Again, it was a huge let down. My husband ordered the baby back ribs and the taste was so horrible that he had to force himself to eat it and I could tell he was not happy! I couldn't help myself from laughing watching him eat! I ordered the pork tenderloins and they weren't as bad. Let's just say it was edible. Nothing special. We both were so disappointed that when it came to desert, we just wanted to leave. So we opted not to have desert. I would honestly say that the best part of our dinner was the strawberry sorbet and that says a lot about a high end restaurant. Sorry.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

reviews on here make this sound something really special - we thought it was really average and ate in much nicer places - food was style over substance. Very pretty but go to Big Chef for a better steak than this was. I can't even remeber what I had it was that forgettable
not good at all - sorry

Reviewed April 20, 2012

there were only 3 tables of people in the whole place. this is a high end resturant, my husband was wearing a harley t-shirt, (a big (faux pas) the waiter asked where we were from and we replied "TX" he replied "I see" as in "that explains it" LOL. anyway, he was very rude, but did provide good service. the problem is we only ordered appetizers, I swear he brought out one bite each. we had 2 appetizers, one salad (the salad bowl was the size of an ashtray, in fact I think it was an ashtray! and one dessert, the bill was $90 US and we were starving when we left. Unless you want to spend $150 don't go hungery.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We are always reluctant to eat at Restaurants attached to, or part of a Hotel, as there are far better options on the streets and they tend to be a bit safe (and over priced) but Trios Caribbean proved to be a fantastic exception.

The Restaurant is classy, but laid back.

The food was nearly the best we ate on a month long holiday, the presentation outstanding and the staff friendly and attentive. Fusion is a good way to describe the menu as it is a mixture of local and western with their own interpretation. The Schnapper was outstanding!

Most importantly we never felt rushed and we were able to sit back and have a leisurely meal and drinks, without worrying if we were going to be pushed out the door.

Despite all this, we didn't find the prices expensive.

We highly reccomend Trios Caribbean!