Trios Caribbean Fusion Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2012

reviews on here make this sound something really special - we thought it was really average and ate in much nicer places - food was style over substance. Very pretty but go to Big Chef for a better steak than this was. I can't even remeber what I had it was that forgettable
not good at all - sorry

Reviewed April 20, 2012

there were only 3 tables of people in the whole place. this is a high end resturant, my husband was wearing a harley t-shirt, (a big (faux pas) the waiter asked where we were from and we replied "TX" he replied "I see" as in "that explains it" LOL. anyway, he was very rude, but did provide good service. the problem is we only ordered appetizers, I swear he brought out one bite each. we had 2 appetizers, one salad (the salad bowl was the size of an ashtray, in fact I think it was an ashtray! and one dessert, the bill was $90 US and we were starving when we left. Unless you want to spend $150 don't go hungery.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We are always reluctant to eat at Restaurants attached to, or part of a Hotel, as there are far better options on the streets and they tend to be a bit safe (and over priced) but Trios Caribbean proved to be a fantastic exception.

The Restaurant is classy, but laid back.

The food was nearly the best we ate on a month long holiday, the presentation outstanding and the staff friendly and attentive. Fusion is a good way to describe the menu as it is a mixture of local and western with their own interpretation. The Schnapper was outstanding!

Most importantly we never felt rushed and we were able to sit back and have a leisurely meal and drinks, without worrying if we were going to be pushed out the door.

Despite all this, we didn't find the prices expensive.

We highly reccomend Trios Caribbean!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is only my third restaurant review on TripAdvisor because I am reluctant to review something that is so subjective, as food is. So before I go on, I will qualify my review. My husband and I are world travellers and we travel in a large part for food. We prefer local and authentic, and have no desire to find a restaurant that tastes anything like home. Although hole-in-the-wall establishments are usually our favourites, we are always open to the idea that a stunning restaurant could be just as satisfying. Trios was just that.

We had wanted to head out to a local spot in Gros Islet but never got our act together, so we thought we would try Trios. All I can say is WOW. Sure, it's not hard-core traditional creole food, but it doesn't claim to be.

The restaurant is lovely - beautiful decor and a warm and inviting patio for an evening dinner. There were some local musicians there - including a really good guitarist and a girl with a sweet and innocent voice: very easy on the ears! Our waitress was lovely. The food was simply amazing. My hsusband ordered pepper pot stew to start, and practically inhaled it. I had the christophene salad, which was small but very flavourful. My husband ordered the jerk chicken stuffed with callaloo. He is a jerk fanatic and makes his own mean jerk marinade, but readily admitted that this decadent version blows any other jerk chicken he's had out of the water. It is served mild, but he asked the waitress to have the 'real deal' and they obliged by turning up the heat.

I ordered the vegetarian platter and I really have to say that this is one of the best things about the place. I am (unfortunately) used to going to restaurants in touristy places where they throw on a token pasta or vege lasagne for the few non-meat eaters who might stop by. But this dish was different. It was not an afterthought or tokenism. It was beautiful. It included a vegetable curry pot pie which I believe was made with coconut cream. Then there were balls of sweet potato on top of a tomato coconut sauce, and a large slice of grilled christophene. I was hurting by the time I had finished everything on my plate; there was no way I was going to waste such beautiful food.

We shared the dessert trio of fruit cake, pumpkin pie and ginger creme brule. Also beautiful.

All in all - don't go expecting grandma's cooking from the hut down the road. Likewise, don't go expecting something that tastes just like back home. Go with the expectation that someone has put a creative and slightly upscale twist on traditional food, and don't be afraid to ask them to spice it up if that's what you want.

Our meal took a very long time to come, but they apologized and gave us free cocktales to compensate. But in truth, I would have gladly waited even longer if I had to - it was a great food moment in my life.

1  Thank ug97
baygardensresorts, Public Relations Manager at Trios Caribbean Fusion Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Wow! We are humbled by your excellent review! We are so thrilled to know that we met and exceeded your expectations that night, and we are motivated by your kind words to strive for the best each and every time. We sincerely hope that we will see you back again, because your husband needs to try the jerk rack of lamb! As a jerk aficionado he will be sure to enjoy it! Thanks again for your wonderful review - I will be sure to share it with the team.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Red snapped was under cooker, half raw. The balance of he meal was average at best. Really disappointed in everything about this place.