“Best French Food on the Island”
Review of La Terrasse

La Terrasse
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a french Restaurant and we also have four rooms that guests are welcome to book.
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I lived in Paris for 10 years before moving to St Lucia a year ago. After tasting them all, we say with confidence that La Terrasse is the best French Restaurant on the Island. The Atmosphere is perfect: relaxed and not stuffy but certainly special enough for a really wonderful evening out. The owners are lovely married couple, Claudia is very knowledgable about wine and choses them herself and Thomas is the talented chef preparing the meals. The food is delicious, they use fresh and simple ingredients prepared very well. We've had quite a few things here and my favorites the savory parmesan and sun-dried tomato creme brulee for starter and the minced steak with heart of brie for the main. I always chose the gratin potatoes which I love, but the french fries are homemade and as good as they come. We are usually too full for dessert, but we have tasted the profiteroles and they were homemade and delicious. We will keep going back again and again to La Terrasse whenever we want a taste of France in St Lucia!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was here with my girl friend two weeks ago. I only met the lady owner who was very nice to deal with and very friendly. The restaurant is beautiful and the food, also excellent. I can't add to the previous comment. I'm in total agreement. I would also recommend staying over night. The rates are extremely good in comparison to what we found elsewhere.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Small, beautiful restaurant with delicious French/local cuisine and nice wine selection. The chef and his wife own the place and are warm, delightful people. We went early on in our vacation and loved it so much, we went back our last night. We didn't have to make reservations. It is on a side street right in the heart of the restaurants/activities on the main road in Rodney Bay area. We would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant with our small daughter while in Gros Islet. The food and service was really excellent. Although, they do not have a separate children's menu, the chef agreed to make something special for our picky eater and it turned out great. Plus, we really enjoyed our meals. The pork tenderloin with mushrooms is really good and the profiteroles are a must!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I ate here on our last night in St. Lucia and it was our favorite meal of the trip (We went to Cliff at Cap Maison, i 2 Balardo, the Edge, Coal Pot and Spice of India) - we were just upset we couldn't go back again! I would suggest people go early in their vacations so you can visit it twice. Claudia and Thomas were the most welcoming and endearing proprietors and you could tell how much love they had for what they did. Claudia served us and her recommendations were incredible. We are dying to go again and tried to convince them to open up a restaurant in NYC but I don't think it worked unfortunately. :) We had the savory creme brûlée, the goat cheese and bacon salad, the lamb chops, the seafood cassolette and the banana and chocolate dessert crepe. Every single part of the meal was fantastic and I'd recommend all of these dishes again!

1  Thank Lauren M