“I wish this restaurant was in Barbados!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spice Of India

Spice Of India
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining. Also newly opened waterfront restaurant at Capella Marina in Marigot Bay---MASALA BAY--serving Indian and Indo Chinese fusion cuisine.
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
“I wish this restaurant was in Barbados!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Our taxi driver informed us that one of his clients had dined at Spice of India three times during his two week holiday. This attracted our attention so we quickly changed our plans so that we could check it out. We were warmly welcomed by a member of staff who assured us that our lack of reservation wasn't a problem. (I would strongly recommend reserving a table as the restaurant became extremely busy within the next 30 minutes). On his arrival, the charming owner came over to introduce himself and to check whether we were happy with the food choices we had made - we certainly were! Everything was beautifully presented and tasted delicious and the service was excellent. I had to leave St Lucia the next day otherwise I would have been dining there again the next evening! I'm looking forward to my next visit to St Lucia not least to be able to dine at Spice of India on my first night back!

2 Thank Jennie W
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Jennie,

Many thanks for such a thoughtful review of SOI. I remember speaking to you guys at the restaurant that night.It is always pleasing to know that our efforts at producing and serving world class cuisine to our patrons are being appreciated. Barbados is not on my radar at the moment but you never know. I guess it will be an excuse for you to take a short trip to our beautiful island.

Warm regards,

“Our new favorite ”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews we knew we had to try it. My wife is the hot spice queen in the family and to her nothing beats Brick Lane restaurant in NYC. Surprise we have a new favorite. The chicken vindaloo was the best in a long time not just hot but very flavorful as well. I had the Goat Himachal Curry which contained the perfect amount of heat. Our daughter ordered the Tandoori Chicken which was cooked a little less spicy than norm, at her request. When we got the doggie bags home I was surprised to find no meat in her portion. When asked she said it was simply so good she ate all the pieces at the restaurant. That is her equivalent of a 5 star rating.
The proprietor who was on site, this seems to be his regular practice, was very charming and greeted us and all his guests when we visited. The staff performed flawlessly and was very attentive. Please if you visit St. Lucia get off the resorts for good food and better service. The restaurant itself had the right amount of traditional Indian decor without overwhelming the Caribbean feel of the island. We thoroughly enjoyed being outside but if you desire indoor seating we recommend reservations.

2 Thank David C
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear David,

Thanks for making us your new favourite.We are thrilled to get such high ratings from your daughter. You wrote amazing things in your review and we thank you for the feedback about food ,service and decor at SOI.

Best regards,
Chef Adil.
“If you are craving Indian this is the place.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The owner personally visits each table. This shows he is concerned about the quality. I've lived in Asia for 10 years and have travelled widely. It was authentic, reasonably priced ( for a resort town) and tasty.

2 Thank dennis o
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great place, great food”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was an unplanned trip, but it was really worth it. The service and food was excellent, well recommended.

Try it if you get chance, it's in the heart of Rodney Bay, you can sit inside where it's fully air conditioned or outside.

The chef makes it so special, with so much attention to detail, even the locals say its the best!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Paul B
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent in everyway”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were staying in an All Inclusive in St Lucia and in desperate need of a curry. Staff at the hotel recommended this restaurant. We had a very warm greeting upon arrival by the owner. We were made to feel most welcome. Restaurant is spotless. Staff were most helpful. There were four of us in our party and the owner/manager made time to speak to each of us. Food was to die for. Would I go here again? (if I were in St Lucia) Most definitely. Menu had a great choice. Wine/beverage list extensive. Owner knew of places we frequent in Goa so another talking point.
Only downside - a tad more expensive than you would pay in the UK but hey you are in the Caribbean.

1 Thank Tracie89
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Tracie,

Thanks for an amazing review. You are right about us. We love to talk to our guest at SOI and do not miss any opportunity to get to know them and let us know them about us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your food and service with us, away from your resort.

I couldn't agree with you on your last sentence. Everything is expensinve in caribbean. The mere fact that everything is imported with high duties and freight, it tends to add up upon arrival. But we have been popular for providing an amazing value for the food and service at this restaurant. Thanks for your feedback and yes, we will be thrilled to see you again at the restaurant.

Warm regards,