“back again and again”
Review of Spice Of India

Spice Of India
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining. Also newly opened waterfront restaurant at Capella Marina in Marigot Bay---MASALA BAY--serving Indian and Indo Chinese fusion cuisine.
St. Lucia
“back again and again”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I just had to write this review in as I absolutely love this restaurant for consistently providing amazing combinations of tantalizing sumptuous food and of course washed down with a nice chilled glass of Santa Carolina Chardonnay .

I have to say My husband and I quite often go to the is divine restaurant not only to enjoy the food but to relax in the ambiance with the friendly knowledgeable owner and hospitable staff.

I know My food very well and have visited every restaurant on Island large and small but I always return to a few favorites and top of My list is Spice of India.

If you are not used to Authentic Indian Cuisine then you might find the dishes different than what you are used to, I absolutely love it and what is so nice I just talk with the Chef and give him a list of what I like and ten a magical delicious meal returns

May I thank you all at Spice of Indian for looking after us so well on our last visit

• Visited May 2014
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Crystals,

You are a star. We appreciate your patronage of SOI and are always thrilled to see you at the restaurant. Thanks for visiting us so many times and recommending it to others as well.

We will always look forward to seeing you again and again at SOI.

Warm regards,

Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“This was ok...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was really looking forward to my meal at SOI but have to say came away a little disappointed. Yes the Owner/Chef greets the customers and explains bit and pieces of the menu but that can't make up for some fairly average Indian food.

For me the poppadums were way too thin and as a result were void of any crunch and taste. The starter of Kashmiri beef kebab had great flavour but seemed to be coated in the marinade. It felt like it had not been near a Tandoor. Similarly the Reshmi kebab seemed to lack that little black searing you get from a kebab cooked in the Tandoor. Main courses of Goan fish curry and beef bhuna were both cooked as requested and were fine however the dhal tadka was seriously over salted which was a real shame as without this issue it would have been the best dish of the meal. Naan breads were very thin and were more akin to a chapati than a naan.

In summary, in my opinion, the meal was ok but just didn't rate much more than that.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Neil M
Dear Neil,

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry that you went a little disappointed. If only you had expressed your disappointment while you were in the restaurant I could have done something about it. We are really in a business of pleasing people with our food and service and almost 700 comments on this site alone proves that we have been doing it so far. I remember you telling me about Dal to be salty for you but your wife said it was fine for her.I also offered to take it back to the kitchen to get fresh one done for you with less salt,even if you had consumed more than half of the bowl. Salty or not too salty could be very personal and should not be a reason to complain unless you specify less or no salt prior to ordering. Rest of the issues are total surprise to me since you never mentioned a thing and decided to write about it now when it is too late to do anything about it. We appreciate the feedback and eagerly look forward to it . That's why we go around each table few times to inquire if everything is fine or not.

People actually like that fact that our poppadums and naans are not fat and greasy like many places and have appreciated the lightness of them. I apologise for not living up to your expectations but a little communication in the future in any restaurant while you are dining can easily turn that into an enjoyment.

I hope we get to see you again so that we can please you and you can too match the rest of the feedbacks on this site alone.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“This restaurant should not be number one in st Lucia”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

What can I say. We were very disappointed with this restaurant and would not recommend or return. The food wasn't very nice at all. I had to return my first meal as it was appalling. The second one came out which was edible but not enjoyable. Very over priced and not good service. The food is very bland and the lamb is very tough. Go here at your peril. Very surprised this is ranked number one in st Lucia

Visited December 2013
2 Thank RichardHard
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Simply Amazing!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

If there is a doubt about stopping by this little spot for a meal, it would have been for a short moment only!!! The chef/owner is such an amazing personality as he welcomes everyone in and spends enough time warming your hearts before the warm platters arrive to the table to do the rest. The food is exceptional and the "prix fixe" lunch menu changes daily, so there is always a pleasant surprise awaiting. The ambience is clean and friendly and the staff are all engaging and warm. Chef puts the personal touch and is accessible and with a variety of local fresh juices, there is never a feeling of being far away from the Caribbean albeit the Spicy Indian reminder!!!

Visited May 2014
Dear Nikkij,

what an amazing feedback. Thanks for taking your time to write comments about food and service at SOI. You are right about our daily changing Ches Tasting Lunch menus. It gives us an opportunity to prepare not so common Indian foods from different regions in India. Indian cuisine is huge and extremely diverse and cannot be portrayed in a small menu one restaurant can have. That's why we prepare these Lunch menus daily to showcase the cuisine. Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to seeing you again.

Portsmouth, UK
“Very authentic food”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great food, lovely decor and wonderful service.

We really enjoyed our meal and found the ingredients very fresh and tasty.

Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
Dear Frogfan,

Thanks for your lovely feedback. We appreciate your comments.