“Worth a visit”
Review of Spice Of India

Spice Of India
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining. Also newly opened waterfront restaurant at Capella Marina in Marigot Bay---MASALA BAY--serving Indian and Indo Chinese fusion cuisine.
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our group shared a dinner at Spice family style so that we were able to try a lot of different dishes. This restaurant was the best meal we had. The service was great and the kids loved the meal too.

• Visited January 2014
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Nancy,

Thanks for a wonderful review. Large families and groups are best catered when we suggest a family style menu for them. All my staff are very good at suggesting a menu to our guest based on thei taste buds and allergies, if any. Thanks for recommending us and wish you and your family a very happy new year.

Warm regards,
Chef Adil.

Atlanta, Georgia
“AMAZING - Best Meal Ever”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I lived in Vieux Fort, St Lucia for almost a year and I would make the hour plus drive up to 3 times a week to go to Spice of India. It was so worth the drive. Chefs Adil and Govind and their staff provide excellent service and a really great experience. I have never been to a more consistent restaurant. Every time I went there, I knew that the food was going to be just as wonderful as it was the last time I was there. I tried a variety of dishes and once Chef Govind got to know what my fiancé and I liked and did not like, he began to recommend different dishes to try. Our most recent trip there involved both of us allowing him to select our entire meal for us and we were not disappointed. I have never walked away from there wanting more. It has provided us with a wonderful time and great food. Spice of India is definitely my favorite restaurant. I look forward to returning when I am back in St. Lucia.

• Visited December 2013
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you Whitney for an AMAZING review. We all loved seeing you at the restaurant again and again and were sad to see you go back. But, we will look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future and wish you best of luck in your career.

Happy new year,
Chef Adil.
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We first visited the Spice of India in 2012. It was a stand-out among several good restaurants in Rodney Bay. So good we went back twice during our stay. (had to try other favourite spots too).

Last year we chose Spice of India as our first evening out. The service and quality of food was excellent, and across the many dishes we enjoyed in at least 3 visits. We like the very personal service provided by the owner and staff. The owner and Chef Adil visit every patron, something I have experienced in very few restaurants, anywhere.

We are looking forward to our next visit, not too far away.

• Visited February 2013
“A nice Indian restaurant”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We had no reservation (Saturday night and the restaurant was full) but the owner himself set us up with a nice table outside (which is where you want to be, air condition inside makes you freeze) and also gave us an introduction, very nice.
Our waiter recommended the dishes we ordered and also in what order rice, naan etc should be served. After a small wait (given it was Saturday night) the food was served in another order (rise before naan) than what the waiter recommended and they forgot to serve us our beer.
The food was tasty and the naan bread was the best I've ever tasted (comparing with restaurants in India and Indian restaurants elsewhere).
They tried to charge us for the beer that never got served but corrected immediately upon pointing it out.

Very friendly staff and owner, nice food and the best naan bread.

austin
“Best Indian food I've ever had in a pretty setting!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We loved this restaurant for many reasons. The food was over the top great and such interesting and creative dishes. All of the curries are very good and the tasting menu allows you to try many dishes, The staff here is wonderful and the owner is so kind and makes you feel so welcomed. We've eaten at a lot of great Indian restaurants but Spice of India has me spoiled now so I can't wait to return again. We took some leftovers back to our villa and my mother actually had curry for breakfast before the flight because she said it was to delicious to leave behind. It is in a pretty setting and offers indoor and outdoor seating. We drove there from Marigot Bay twice during our stay to enjoy the Indian dishes.

• Visited December 2013