“AMAZING - Best Meal Ever”
Review of Spice Of India

Spice Of India
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining. Also newly opened waterfront restaurant at Capella Marina in Marigot Bay---MASALA BAY--serving Indian and Indo Chinese fusion cuisine.
Atlanta, Georgia
“AMAZING - Best Meal Ever”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I lived in Vieux Fort, St Lucia for almost a year and I would make the hour plus drive up to 3 times a week to go to Spice of India. It was so worth the drive. Chefs Adil and Govind and their staff provide excellent service and a really great experience. I have never been to a more consistent restaurant. Every time I went there, I knew that the food was going to be just as wonderful as it was the last time I was there. I tried a variety of dishes and once Chef Govind got to know what my fiancé and I liked and did not like, he began to recommend different dishes to try. Our most recent trip there involved both of us allowing him to select our entire meal for us and we were not disappointed. I have never walked away from there wanting more. It has provided us with a wonderful time and great food. Spice of India is definitely my favorite restaurant. I look forward to returning when I am back in St. Lucia.

• Visited December 2013
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you Whitney for an AMAZING review. We all loved seeing you at the restaurant again and again and were sad to see you go back. But, we will look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future and wish you best of luck in your career.

Happy new year,
Chef Adil.

“Consistently great!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We first visited the Spice of India in 2012. It was a stand-out among several good restaurants in Rodney Bay. So good we went back twice during our stay. (had to try other favourite spots too).

Last year we chose Spice of India as our first evening out. The service and quality of food was excellent, and across the many dishes we enjoyed in at least 3 visits. We like the very personal service provided by the owner and staff. The owner and Chef Adil visit every patron, something I have experienced in very few restaurants, anywhere.

We are looking forward to our next visit, not too far away.

• Visited February 2013
“A nice Indian restaurant”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We had no reservation (Saturday night and the restaurant was full) but the owner himself set us up with a nice table outside (which is where you want to be, air condition inside makes you freeze) and also gave us an introduction, very nice.
Our waiter recommended the dishes we ordered and also in what order rice, naan etc should be served. After a small wait (given it was Saturday night) the food was served in another order (rise before naan) than what the waiter recommended and they forgot to serve us our beer.
The food was tasty and the naan bread was the best I've ever tasted (comparing with restaurants in India and Indian restaurants elsewhere).
They tried to charge us for the beer that never got served but corrected immediately upon pointing it out.

Very friendly staff and owner, nice food and the best naan bread.

austin
“Best Indian food I've ever had in a pretty setting!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We loved this restaurant for many reasons. The food was over the top great and such interesting and creative dishes. All of the curries are very good and the tasting menu allows you to try many dishes, The staff here is wonderful and the owner is so kind and makes you feel so welcomed. We've eaten at a lot of great Indian restaurants but Spice of India has me spoiled now so I can't wait to return again. We took some leftovers back to our villa and my mother actually had curry for breakfast before the flight because she said it was to delicious to leave behind. It is in a pretty setting and offers indoor and outdoor seating. We drove there from Marigot Bay twice during our stay to enjoy the Indian dishes.

• Visited December 2013
Jamestown, null, Saint Helena
“Fantastic Vindaloo”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was a fine culinary experience. The family loved the food, my Chicken Vindaloo was full of flavor and left the lips tingling as a good Indian meal should do. The staff were one coordinated attentive team and with the owner being predominantly front of house they were motivated to please.

The reviews rate this restaurant so one turns up expecting it not to be as good as the hype but it surpassed expectations and rates with a small number of exceptional dinning experiences.

There is the choice of inside air conditioned seating or outside, we chose the inside for this occasion, the tables were large and the seats comfortable. Quite often we find Indian restaurants a bit tight for space but not the Spice of India. Clever touches like the naan bread being sliced and placed in a bowel and the ever attentive waiting staff removing spent dishes kept the dining area in good, uncluttered order.

So we will have a difficult choice when we go for our next Indian meal here, do we try something different for a change or go back to the Spice of India? I suspect the latter of the two choices will prevail. Thanks very much for an excellent meal.

• Visited January 2014
Adilchef, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Barry,

Many thanks for an amzing review and such high praises. Even the photos posted by you looks great. You guys were a fun family and the team at SOI cannot wait to see you again.

Reviews like yours are a great tool for me to motivate the team here at the restaurant.

Warm regards and happy new year.

Chef Adil.