“Welcoming staff, best Indian food ever.”
Review of Spice Of India

Spice Of India
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining. Also newly opened waterfront restaurant at Capella Marina in Marigot Bay---MASALA BAY--serving Indian and Indo Chinese fusion cuisine.
Kendal
“Welcoming staff, best Indian food ever.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I approached the Spice of India with a little apprehension as not all restaurants are willing to accept solo diners but a friendly member of staff opened the door for me with a welcoming smile.
I had read the reviews on TA and being a fan of Indian food for nearly 50 years I had to try for myself.
I had a tasty starter of Peshwari Chicken Tikka which came with 3 trays of sauces. The tamarind sauce was completely new to me and was amazing. I then had my go-to main course of Chicken Tikka Masala which is not a traditional Indian dish but I like it. This was a revelation. the spices were so fresh and vibrant and made me realise how bland the sauces I was used to were.
I can only compare it to listening to music on standard equipment where music comes out as a general sound, then you hear it on top quality equipment where you can hear each individual instrument, note and nuance.
All the staff were friendly and chatty without being overwhelming.
I can only say give yourselves a real treat and please visit St Lucia and Spice of India.

mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Peter,

Thanks for letting us know of your experience here at SOI.It is very creative the way you have described your time at the restaurant. Thanks very much for an amazing review.

Solo or not, we will look forward to seeing you again whenever you decide to be in the area.

Annapolis, MD
“Skeptical about rave reviews but they turned out to be true”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We come to St. Lucia every year and had read the reviews of Spice of India but we were always reluctant to go to an Indian restaurant in the Caribbean thinking that we came here for island food and Indian cuisine was the same everywhere. Finally decided to try it and so glad we did. As other reviews have mentioned service was very attentive, menu choices were abundant and the choices we did make we really enjoyed. Told the owner that we have eaten Indian food in the US and the UK and our meals in his restaurant were by far the best. Will be back again.

Dear Jenniferab,

Skeptical about the rave reviews and you ended up leaving another one. Thanks for the visit and leaving an amazing review as well. Indian cuisine is so huge and vast that one cannot fit it is one restaurant anywhere. I am glad that you enjoyed our offerings and wrote about it.

Warm regards,
Chef Adil.
“One of my best meals ever, anywhere!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just had the best meal at Spice of India. Definitely the best restaurant in Rodney Bay and also in our top 5 anywhere. The food was delicious, the flavors were outstanding, the ambiance and decor were fabulous. You could not get a better meal in most US cities. Reasonably priced as well. And the service- impeccable.

1 Thank ellentwins
Dear Ellentwins,

Thanks for enjoying all aspects of SOI during your visit to us and rating us so highly.

San Jose, California
“Excellent Indian Restaurant in St Lucia!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

It is totally unexpected to find such a wonderful Indian restaurant in St Lucia! All the food has just the perfect FRESH Indian spices. I was especially impressed when I ordered my 5-year old daughter, who is not accustomed to Indian spices, Fish and Chips. The fish came with Indian spices and she did not like it. I figured she would just eat the fries (we have not been exactly starving in St Lucia) and did not make a complaint. But the chef took notice and came over and offered to make her some fried fish to go along with the chips! Like a normal fish and chips order, which my daughter did enjoy! Kudos to the chef! Best wishes on your restaurant's expanding to other neighboring islands!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank QTraveller95124
Hi,

Thanks for a great review. I am glad that your little girl enjoyed her meal as well. I think it was a bit of miscommunication initially since she got Tandoori Fish with Chips which she did not like , but it was rectified.

You are right about being surprised to find good Indian cuisine in ncaribbean. It happens to lots of our patrons and then we see them coming back again and again.

Thanks for posting this amazing review and thanks for the wishes.

Warm regards,
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious lunch!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited Spice of India for lunch after reading several great reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! The food was excellent, and service was quick and friendly. If we had been in St. Lucia for longer, we definitely would have returned for another meal here!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kaitlin D
mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear JK,

Thanks for the visit and writing a review of your lunch with us. You can always come back to us whenever you decide to be in gorgeous St Lucia again.