“Three years since our first visit and just as good”
Review of Spice Of India

Spice Of India
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spice of India,currently rated as number one restaurant in St Lucia, is a sophisticated Indian restaurant situated in the heart of Rodney Bay. Owner and Restaurateur Chef Adil has travelled across the Atlantic Ocean creating scintillating dishes to satisfy the palates of eager patrons throughout the Caribbean. Along with his sous chefs, Chef Adil has brought the modern Indian style of cooking based on ancient tandoor techniques to Saint Lucia. Get a feel for India in the uniquely designed restaurant, and succumb to the wiles of fine dining. Also newly opened waterfront restaurant at Capella Marina in Marigot Bay---MASALA BAY--serving Indian and Indo Chinese fusion cuisine.
Brussels, Belgium
“Three years since our first visit and just as good”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

That's right. The quality of the food, the excellent service have all retained the highest levels. If you like Indian food you will love Spice of India. Watch out for our next review in January 2014!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Meriner907,

Thanks for posting yet another great review of your experience here with us.You are almost right. It has been amazing two years already, third in the making now. Time really flies. It is always good to see familiar faces like you guys and we cannot wait to serve you again in 2014. We should have a brand new menu by then, but we will always serve your favourites, even if they are not on the new menu.

Have a great new year,

Warm regards,

wokingham
“Lovely Indian restaurant”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. My husband had the goat curry and I had the scallops which were delicious. The decor of the restaurant is fabulous, particularly the bangle wall around the bar area (I might be copying this at home). If this restaurant was near our home we would be regular visitors. Definitely one to visit.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank loobylooWokingham
Dear guest,

Thanks for enjoying your dinner here with us. Also, thanks for noticing the efforts out in decorating the restaurant and getting ideas to copy some at your home.

We appreciate your recommendation.

Warm regards and please visit us again whenever you plan to be in the area.

Chef Adil and Nady
Portland, Maine
“delicious with exceptional service”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I hadn't planned to stop for lunch, but I was walking by Spice of India and was intrigued by the menu. Besides I LOVE Indian food. The restaurant has lovely decor and the staff was very welcoming. I had my favorite spinach dish (Palak Paneer) with basmati rice and garlic Naan. It was outstanding - served hot, and cooked to perfection. I told the chef I could have eaten that dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it was that good. My husband and I returned a few days later and had a wonderful dinner. Again the food was fresh, authentic and delicious. The staff was very friendly and was constantly in motion, checking on tables and providing great service. We noticed that the staff helped each other out so there was seamless, timely service. I would definitely reccommend this restaurant to any one who enjoys authentic Indian food and is looking for a lovely dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear 285magtravel,

Thanks for posting an amazing review of your experiences here at SOI. I am glad that you had both lunch and dinner experiences as they both are very different. You are right about Palak Paneer---if the Paneer is made fresh daily and other ingredients utlised to prepare the dish are freshest--it can taste the most amazing single dish to satisfy the Indian food cravings.

It is good to know that you enjoyed our approach to service--not one person is assigned to any table. That way you are looked after regardless by our happy and swift moving staff.

Many thanks for enjoying your dining experience.

Wish you a great new year,
London, United Kingdom
“Even if you do not like Indian food...”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I do not like spicy things (and - in this regard - Indian food...) But I was in the area and the restaurant is high on the list - will get it a go.... And it was very good!

I asked for non-spicy things. They said they can do everything not spicy. And when it came it was (though still a bit spicy - but very tolerable even by me) really good.

Recommended!

Visited January 2013
mister72, Chef owner at Spice Of India, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear AndreyKom,

We take pride in producing Indian food to suit your palate. Indian cuisine is so vast that there is something for everyone. Not all Indian food is all hot and spicy. It can be prepared that way if asked.

Thanks for your feedback and high marks.

Best regards,
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Amazing dining experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff was polite, the decor was perfect, the food was excellent! It was the best meal we had during our stay.

Visited July 2012
Dear guest,

Thanks for a short but very effective review. we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us at the restaurant.

We wish you a great new year.

Many thanks,