“Overcharged”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Martinique
“Overcharged”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Hungry at 3pm and headed to Bread Basket in the Rodney Bay Marina. Ordered 3 non alcoholic drinks, a burger and a beef roti with a small side salad. Everything tasted fine but the bill came up to over 80 dollars. I asked the owner why it was so high, he blamed it on the government's valued added tax. The person that I was staying with said that at midday the bill for this kind of order does not top the 50 dollar mark. According to him, I was charged evening prices. Won't go back there just for that. Prefer to eat somewhere else. I hate being ripped off.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Caroline P

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Change Please!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch today and at first it was ok.....but after awhile my daughter noticed the waitresses chatting and staring at us , pointing etc .....after I asked for the check (89.00EC)I paid cash and the waitresses would not bring me my change (10.00EC)!!!!!!!!! I had to ASK for my change !!!! I will not be returning ...the food was mediocre at best it takes awhile for the food to arrive and it was not worth the high prices , the atmosphere is nice but the waitresses tried to steal my change and I'm still furious I have no problem tipping well but do not try to swindle me . I am not sure what the deal was I'm sure these ladies come into contact with many foreigners . I'm not sure why we were targeted for this particular scam

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carina B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Kids & Adults enjoyed!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

After striking out on places where our kids enjoyed eating (which meant peace for all) we happened upon the BB after a recommendation from another Trip Advisor reviewer. We ended up eating here 2 nights in a row and almost going back a third. Cold beer, good food, marina views, and strong mixed drinks!

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch during our tour of the Marina. Ordered the bbq chicken, chicken and beef roti and boy was it tasty. Fed 3 of us each with a Piton for $98 EC. Excellent value.

Woking, United Kingdom
“Great Meal.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Decided to visit the Bread Basket on the recommendation of a local friend of ours & we were not disappointed.

The restaurant is in a stunning location with views over the marina, & although we went on a Friday night & it was very busy we were given an excellent table. Service was prompt & attentive even though it was full, when we were there.

The menu is excellent & the roti's are excellent & the accra's are to die for. The portions are large so make sure you're hungry! Prices are very reasonable too.

All in all, I would highly recommend this place for a casual meal in a great setting. Will definitely go back when we're next in St Lucia.

• Visited June 2014