“Great experience, good fun and friendly staff”

LucianStyle Segway Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$93.50*
and up
St Lucia Segway Nature Trail Experience
Ranked #2 of 43 Tours in Gros Islet
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Lucia Segway Adventure Guests are picked up and are taken to the ‘LucianStyle Experience Center’ located in the heart of the tourism capital, Rodney Bay. After a brief orientation, guests are escorted over to our Segway adventure track and taught how to ride the amazing Segway X2. After about a ten minute lesson the group gets to head ‘off-road’ on the LucianStyle exclusive 2 mile-long Nature Trail, part of an abandoned US Navel Base. On the trail, guests will enjoy amazing views of the Rodney Bay coastline, Pigeon Island, Mount Gimie, Reduit Beach and Martinique. Stops are made to feed fish at Stone Face Fish Pond, enjoy local fruits, and to learn about local flora along with the military history associated with the ruins of Mt. Pimard. The tour lasts for about 2 hours and ends at the same location that it starts at. Guests are then taken back to their respective points of pickup
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canterbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience, good fun and friendly staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My family did the Segway experience yesterday and I can thoroughly recommend this as a great way to not just get the kids out but if this was as and adult only thing, I would still do it. The staff are all friendly and when you book this they arrange a pick up from your hotel. We were at the Landings hotel which is just a ten minute trip to their offices where upon arrival you are kitted out with safety helmet and a bottle of water. Knee pads are an option for those more accident prone but after riding these things I think that you would really have to go some to fall off and hurt yourself! Once kitted out, our instructor Chad went though the basics of how to ride the Segway and he made sure all of us were confident with how to get on, get off and ride the Segway. Trust me, it really is easy and my 10 year old had this mastered in minutes. Before going anywhere, you do some practice laps around a mini circuit to build your confidence up which was certainly worthwhile. Once confident we then start our journey up a hill through some jungle which was great fun and the more you ride these things, the more confident you get until it's second nature. Chad , stops off at various points along the way to show points of interest, ranging from interesting trees, to bunkers to an old gun emplacement of the British empire. At the end of the hill run he gave us some bread to feed the fish in a pond near the top of the hill and after that provided us with some pineapple, melon and fresh coconut milk to drink. Good photo opportunity here too with good views over bay. Return journey back down hill finishing at one of the locals beach bar for a swift cold one. I have done a few excursions in my time and this was one if the best and the kids loved it. It's only a couple of hours or so but a great break up to your day and Chad did a fantastic job of making this a good experience.

1 Thank crewie1

Largs, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great fun and a nice way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just back from a cruise from which one of the trips was a Segway tour on St Lucia. I took some convincing but we went along and after a quick 'how to' and practice off we went. I was worried about being in the full sun during the trip, but was pleasantly surprised by the amount of coverage supplied by the trees etc along the route. It was really good fun and Sammy the instructor stopped at various spots to give us little bits of local information and stories. We stopped for some local fruit and drinks before returning to the base site. I'd definitely recommend this trip to anyone, its very easy to master a Segway (lean forward to go, lean back to slow or stop) and the route we took was lovely with some beautiful views.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank caz m m
Sun City Center, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful time.. no worries, even for a klutz!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was our first Segway experience and hopefully not the last!
Now to come clean.. I just could not relax enough to use the Segway confidently on my own. Not wanting to hold up our group, I offered to wait in the bus while the tour commenced. "Little Man", one of the instructors, would have none of that.. "Come on, I'll take care of you.. it will be alright!" He held the handle bars of my Segway while riding his own and off we went! It was exhilarating for this 60+ grandma. He handled the starting and stopping.. no problem!
We stayed with the rest of the tour group, winding through the former naval base, now a nature preserve.. stopping for photo ops, history info and fascinating explanations of local plant uses. This experience truly was the highlight of a 2 week cruise! Thanks to Sheldon and Little Man for making it so!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank thcox
Montreal, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great first experience on a segway”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Right place, right time, right staff!... Great first experience on a segway. Very smiling, patient and helpful staff. Wanna thank Claude, Chad and Devon for the tour. Very interesting explanations about the island and its history. Enough time to get used to the device, even on sinuous paths. Nice drinks and fresh fruits included. Highly recommended. Good job guys!.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank highlander6768
Clay, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Much More Fun Than You Would Expect!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband has had a lifelong pre-occupation with wanting to Segway, so when our cruise port offered this excursion in St. Lucia we signed up. Oh my gosh did we have fun! They make you feel VERY Safe and are watching you all the time! You see beautiful sites, it's very easy to do but it is NOT boring at all. And the beach they took us to aftewards as part of the excursion was so private and nice. GO, go, go!

Visited March 2014