“Excellent local food”

Flavours of the Grill
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Really nice change from the 'international ' food in Rodney Bay.
Local dishes including Conch. Great ribs , pork & chicken.
Enjoyed the atmosphere & owners are very friendly.
Really good value & we were going to return but was closed from 3-23rd Sept

3  Thank NijelS
There are newer reviews for Flavours of the Grill

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and couple friends attended last night after two different people recommended the place. I suggest you take a cab, as it's not by other restaurants. It's found in the heart of Gros Islet where the locals live (and the Jump Up occurs every Friday night). The decor is colorful and homey. It is owned by a married couple and both are so attentive and nice. The food was delicious ( soup and calamari for starters and mahi mahi, spare ribs, pork chops and pasta for the main course). But should you have picky eaters in your group they also have burgers and pasta. Highly recommended if you want to experience some local flavors and atmosphere.

2  Thank Veronica P
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a ok meal here. Had quite a wait for our food but they were busy and that's always a good sign. We had hoped for great food based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor but the fish was a bit dry and the meat over cooked ! The service was nice and friendly thou even if we had to wait. No-one rushes in St.Lucia anyway !!

2  Thank Isaac G
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Do you want a more authentic dinning experience? Here it is. Definitely not on the strip. The service was decent. The food was delicious. Well I had the conch/lambi and it was so well seasoned. Wouldn't suggest ordering drinks and don't feed the cats. It was good. I can't wait to bring my family next year.

2  Thank Bethtina W
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I try to do my homework prior to visiting somewhere for the first time. I traveled to St. Lucia with my family for the week of July 6th-13th. I had read the reviews for Flavours and wanted to try it the first night there. Since we didn't know our way around we didn't find it the first night but did go out later and find it. The food was spectacular. I had the fish which was delicious. I also tried the banana daiquiri and had to have the banana flambe'. I have some picky eaters in my family, and we were all pleased. We went back one more time for the night of "jump up", and Chef O'Nell true to his words had reserved the "best" table in the house for my family and I. The perfect ending to a perfect vacation in St. Lucia.

2  Thank denise_swafford