-> Check In
The check-in process was a bit awkward. The bell boy asked for my credit card saying it was company policy and it was only to keep on file. After a lengthy wait, he returned with a $300 authorisation saying that it had been taken in case of any damages to the room and/or equipment. This should have been communicated to me before I handed over my credit card.
However I must say that he made up for this through exceptional service afterwards. He always greeted me politely when he saw me, even when I saw him out of the hotel. He was also so anxious to help my colleagues with their luggage.
Upon entering my room, the first thing that I saw was a cockroach. I immediately informed Reception who got one of their house keepers to spray the room with baygon for me. I was disappointed that I could not have gotten another room. However the matter was handled promptly. I just had to wait about 20minutes for the scent to settle.
Despite this Cockroach welcoming me to my room, I have to admit that the bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept on. It gave me good night's rest for the two nights.
However, It was very poor that the room lacked 110v switches and an ironing board. I had to iron my clothes in the hallway in a "Ironing Station". This was very uncomfortable. In this day and age, I believe that these items should be standard for all hotels.
-> Conference Room & Snacks / Lunch
I have no complaints in this area. The conference room was great. Spacious, comfortable and convenient. The food was full of variety and of great quality; always fresh.
This hotel is also located close to two malls, only about 3 minutes walking distance. There are also well named food franchises within the same walking distances and several restaurants along the path.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by one of the most popular beaches in St Lucia and backed by charismatic Rodney Bay, the St Lucian by Rex Resorts has an unrivalled location on the Caribbean shore of this beautiful island. By day, the focus is on the stunning sandy beach where the glistening Caribbean waters tempt paddlers, swimmers and sporting enthusiasts from their sun-loungers. Enjoy international cuisine at the Mariners Restaurant which affords spectacular views across the sea. After dinner, experience the unique mix of local and cosmopolitan nightlife at a choice of atmospheric bars in Rodney Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Lucian by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lucian By Rex Hotel Castries
- St Lucian Rex Resorts
- Rex St Lucian
- St. Lucian By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet